How do YOU deal with feelings of loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ojtwtn

Reaction score
So how do YOU deal with feelings of loneliness?

I: 
Talk with people
vent with random online people.
listen to music that awes me. e.g. Bach Preludes and Fugues 1-48, Continuous piano music
Google "How to not feel lonely"
Go on Habitica
Go on r/lonely

I am a workaholic. It's not healthy but it's so effective.

Baking, watch movies, listening to music, chatting online. play with my kitty. :shy:

Being among people helps. Just the usual little connections over shared space and kindness. I try to get out of the house as much as possible and avoid social media. I love Bach as well.

I go for a walk/run, ironically I built up a pretty capable body from my time with them and I'm relatively "healthy" compared to everyone in my family.

it's hard to deal with it at night so I do work a bit and sleep early rather than walking aimlessly, so I wake up incredibly early. Never expected people running early morning to be lonely people rather than outgoing extroverts.

I can understand that Lawrens, running early is less people around as a rule. That is god you are keeping your health up. I try to work out 2-3 times a week but I have a glider and dumbbells, and do just dance around for 20-30 min. 2-3 a week. It does help for a time anyway. Good luck!

I tried to reach out ppl out there. I'm aware most of them are DIFFERENT as I am and I don't plan to meet ppl like me, because I'm different as their are also unique. 😉

I avoid this place except for the holiday season. Then I come back and talk to some of the people I care about. While I am away from here I hope everyone is ok.

I let my negative thoughts run through my head. I also keep busy with various activities.

Neena21 said:
I let my negative thoughts run through my head.  I also keep busy with various activities.

When you say let the thoughts run through your head, do you mean you don't dwell on the thoughts but let them pass by.

mike1111 said:
Neena21 said:
I let my negative thoughts run through my head.  I also keep busy with various activities.

When you say let the thoughts run through your head, do you mean you don't dwell on the thoughts but let them pass by.

Hello mike1111

No i literally go over negative conversations that i have had with people, particularly times when i have been bullied.  It gets so bad that i get headaches.

I have imaginery conversations with people where i discuss loneliness and how hard it is to make friends etc.

I've tried mindfulness but i stopped meditating.  I have also done CBT twice but it did not work for me.  I have tried techniques where you stop the thoughts and distract yourself, but mine keep coming back, so now i don't bother.

Ive accepted that this is how my mind works.

I actually feel lonlier around people.   I feel far less lonely when i am exercising, baking, or doing other activities.

Latest posts

Back