How do YOU deal with feelings of loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I realized the world doesn't revolve around me and if I want anything to change, I need to change my habits. And that's precisely what I did. Took a while, but most stuff worthwhile usually does.

when im home for holydays:

Family
pets
taking care of my garden
religion(?)

the rest of the year I have none of that so:

College keeps me busy
movies
chatrooms
fake twitter accounts were I pretend to be a girl (dont judge is the only way other users pay attention to me)

nothing really takes the loneliness away but time goes faster

I do a different things to keep my mind busy. Keeping your mind busy and on hobbies will always keep you in a healthy state. Than of course I keep my family and friends close to me, I will reach out to them when needed. I'll meditate. Read new books. Create Art. Learn something new. Exercise. Swimming is one of my favorite things to do, so I always make sure to swim. These things always help me.

Distractions for me, lots of 'em. From the moment I leave work until the time I go to bed I've learned to keep myself as busy as possible with distractions...from exercising to writing music, playing classic video games, conversations with the dog lol, working in the yard, projects around the house, online forum chatting, etc, just keeping my brain preoccupied as best I can. Yes, the loneliness is always there, but it can't creep to the very front of the line when I'm staying busy. Trouble for me is those parts of the day I can't do that, like driving or when I finally unwind and hit the bed...then it can be tough.

Youtube, listen to music, work/study obsessively so i don't have time to think about feeling lonely

I use my loneliness as an outlet to get things done. It fuels me to create pieces of artwork that describe the color I'd like to be in my life but is lacking - so I put it into my art. I exercise, bake and cook, take walks and do photography and create music. I try to use the feelings to create things and make something beautiful out of it.

I write. My characters never abandon me. I don't always know what they are going to do, but they'll always be there for me.

Listen to music
Play videogames (not as effective for me anymore)
Post of a few different imageboards I frequent
Watch stuff on Youtube
Daydream while browsing places on the internet
Language practice

I am new here but I go to church and learn of the wonderful works of Jesus because he is true and reading the bible helps me knowing that if I do right I can get to heaven where life will be better.

Yea but one has to do a certain amount of work down here to make life better for all people so we have a chance to get to heaven. Faith carries one a long way and adds to their life's fulfillment and people should not underestimate it...Welcome to this forum Kandy.

Well, I prefer to go to Hell. In Heaven everybody has to work really hard because very few people actually make it up there. Everything has to always be neat, clean, and fresh. In hell, at most, each person only has to rake a few coals every now and then. Besides I'm used to the heat already.

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Back