Hi Yall

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rudy scott

Reaction score
Hi there
I'm a college student(22m), and I pretend to be an extrovert, it's tiring.
I only trust people on the Internet, cus there aren't any connections between us other than the screen.
I'd really like to chat with you and you and all of you.

I live in China(UTC +8),
so you can find me at around:
19:00 ~ 09:00     [Washington, DC]
01:00 ~ 15:00     [Germany]

welcome to the forums :)

"I only trust people on the Internet, cus there aren't any connections between us other than the screen."

That's what you think?

I've found I have touched too many souls, instead. If they were real, I think I loved too many I couldn't reach for the physical distance but, If we (they and I) were sit next to the other, we probably had ignored we had too many things in common and, of course, that screen was not a wall to be liked or hugged.

The emotional connection, for me, it's highly valuable. Yet there are bunches who liked their "hide & seek" games.

Diagnosed said:
"I only trust people on the Internet, cus there aren't any connections between us other than the screen."

That's what you think?

I've found I have touched too many souls, instead. If they were real, I think I loved too many I couldn't reach for the physical distance but, If we (they and I) were sit next to the other, we probably had ignored we had too many things in common and, of course, that screen was not a wall to be liked or hugged.

The emotional connection, for me, it's highly valuable. Yet there are bunches who liked their "hide & seek" games.

Oh yeah, I value the emotional connection a lot. The screen is like a filter, it blocks out awkwardness, insecurity, and so much more; only thoughts and feelings pass through it.

Hi! :)
What makes you pretend to be an extrovert, if you don't mind me asking?

cozy said:
Hi! :)
What makes you pretend to be an extrovert, if you don't mind me asking?

I have serious trust issues.
My therapist suggested me to make friends, and try to "trust them".

Now I end up making lots of friends but trusting none of them.
It wasn't hard to make them feel like I trust them,
be outgoing & bright,
and when I share personal stuffs, like feelings, I put on my "sincere" face,
and I say what they wanna hear, but not all the time, so it seems genuine.

It's tiring. I want it all to end.

Thanks for asking, it feels good to let it out. :)

rudy scott said:
Hi there
I only trust people on the Internet, cus there aren't any connections between us other than the screen.

I live in China(UTC +8),

Whoa! China! It's kind of far... But are you Chinese, or just there for work?

I'm not close either... I'm in South America.

Cheers,
Gus

GustavusMacer said:
rudy scott said:
Hi there

I live in China(UTC +8),

Whoa! China! It's kind of far... But are you Chinese, or just there for work?

I'm not close either... I'm in South America.

Cheers,
Gus
Yeah I'm Chinese.
And we're on the opposite sides of the earth!
Your breakfast time will be my dinner time :p

rudy scott said:
Yeah I'm Chinese.
Your breakfast time will be my dinner time  :p

lol! Right! :D

I believe Rudy Scott isn't your real name then... [thinky face emoji that this forum doesn't have] :cool:

Wow. China. I wish I could learn Chinese. I'm pretty sure I won't have life enough for that, because I have quite a few languages that are priority to me, because of my literature and study... But I'm fond of the Chinese language (well, the main ones, at least), it (they) sounds cool, and I'd certainly have them scheduled if I could live around 300 years... lol

Maybe I do get to study ancient Chinese history though at some point. (I like ancient history...)

GustavusMacer said:
rudy scott said:
Yeah I'm Chinese.
Your breakfast time will be my dinner time  :p

lol! Right! :D

I believe Rudy Scott isn't your real name then... [thinky face emoji that this forum doesn't have] :cool:

Wow. China. I wish I could learn Chinese. I'm pretty sure I won't have life enough for that, because I have quite a few languages that are priority to me, because of my literature and study... But I'm fond of the Chinese language (well, the main ones, at least), it (they) sounds cool, and I'd certainly have them scheduled if I could live around 300 years... lol

Maybe I do get to study ancient Chinese history though at some point. (I like ancient history...)

That's pretty cool, you sound like an intellectual!
And good night, wish you a nice day

rudy scott said:
I have serious trust issues.
My therapist suggested me to make friends, and try to "trust them".

Now I end up making lots of friends but trusting none of them.
It wasn't hard to make them feel like I trust them,
be outgoing & bright,
and when I share personal stuffs, like feelings, I put on my "sincere" face,
and I say what they wanna hear, but not all the time, so it seems genuine.

It's tiring. I want it all to end.

Thanks for asking, it feels good to let it out. :)

Oh, ok. I do hope he or she left you with a bit more of an instruction than to "just trust" random people. Trusting people is a difficult thing to get used to.
I can see how that would be tiring, I suppose it would be like acting all the time?
It's good that you came on here. Everyone should have a place to talk about how they really are.

Latest posts

Back