Let’s try this again

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ITellYouHhwut

Reaction score
Okay, so my last thread on this topic got locked. Fair enough. Let me try to communicate my thoughts without stereotyping women, or breaking any rules.

So what I mean to say is that life has essentially been ruined for me now. Everything in it has been ruined. I’m just waiting until my mom gets back to good health before I disappear and kill myself. I can kill myself so easily without hesitation now. I have no desire to live, and I’m dying to be dead. I don’t hold onto life. That instinct is gone. 

I’m a loving man. I’m not about viewing women as notches on my belt, or sexual objects or whatever. All I ever wanted was true, authentic love with a lovely lady. It’s a shame, because I could’ve given so much love to someone. The lovingness just got mixed up with an inferior man. Hopefully nature won’t make that mistake next time.

But, as I’ve said countless times here, women have destroyed my soul. I get the idea they not only care nothing about me, but actively despise me. I flip their hate switch as soon as they get the first look at me. Nothing I do seems to matter.

I get told every which was it’s my fault. It’s my attitude. It’s my outlook. Etc... But dare I ever suggest that women play some role. Get ready to have my rights read to me.

I don’t really care now. Like I said, within the next year I’ll be dead. It will officially not matter one single bit after that.

Define "inferior man" for me. Are you saying that you are somehow superior to the rest of us males out there? I am genuinely curious.

iAmCodeMonkey said:
Are you saying that you are somehow superior to the rest of us males out there?

No. Inferior

iAmCodeMonkey said:
Define "inferior man" for me.

Weak, ugly, screw up, invisible to women, and hopeless.

Me

This is probably not going to end well either to be honest, but agree with some of what you said in the other thread. Something about being a unattractive white male in particular really does seem to increase the likelihood of ending up completely alone. Let’s face it, if you were born Korean for example you would almost certainly have a group of Korean friends and much less fraught interactions with the opposite sex overall.

Observive how much more good will women from other cultural groups have towards the men around them, how much more relaxed and open they are in their social groups.

In this individualistic anglo culture (if you could call it that) men who fail, fail utterly, with no community to fall back on. We get stereotyped as creeps, entitled losers, or the next mass shooters if we dare complain. Being 'privileged' in certain respects is mostly irrelevant to feeling like you belong.

Kind of wonder how high the white male suicide rate has to get before it becomes socially accpetable to discuss this without being accused of racism, or being alt-right etc.

ITellYouHhwut said:
TheRealCallie said:
ITellYouHhwut said:
TheRealCallie said:
That might help.
I don’t want help.

Fixed it for you.  Because sorry, but with what you are saying, you definitely do need help.

There’s no reason to want to continue living in this world

There are millions of reasons.  You just don't want to find them.

TheRealCallie said:
ITellYouHhwut said:
TheRealCallie said:
ITellYouHhwut said:
TheRealCallie said:
That might help.
I don’t want help.

Fixed it for you.  Because sorry, but with what you are saying, you definitely do need help.

There are millions of reasons.  You just don't want to find them.

No there’s not

lookatbrightside said:
don't kill your self, little did you know what will happen after it gets worse.

Won’t be killing myself anytime soon. Not until my mom gets better, and family isn’t struggling so bad. I’ve got to wait it out. But I will eventually

ITellYouHhwut said:
TheRealCallie said:
ITellYouHhwut said:
TheRealCallie said:
That might help.
I don’t want help.

People's reasons to live are goals and they never end, because they can be anything you want. So, the "reasons to want to continue living in this world" aren't over for you. You just need another goal beyond what I think is the only one you've been seeing for a long time: Finding someone special. That's a tricky goal, not just for you but for everyone. Some are lucky enough to achieve it really fast, but others (I haven't achieved much in that field either) come across failure, repeatedly, and after a couple of failures, it starts to compromise their mental health. That's a common goal, but it's not supreme or more important than any other. Goals are important only if they allow us to improve ourselves so ask yourself: Is the pursuit for someone special doing any good to your self-improvement, or is it just destroying you?

Put the pause on that goal and focus on others. If you care about reading my post, you can do a little homework: Search "life-goals" and share (DM) the 5 you liked the most. I don't think you've got anything to lose in doing so. Hope it helps!

For most people a life spent alone just isn't satisfying regardless of what else they might have going on.

ardour said:
For most people a life spent alone just isn't satisfying regardless of what else they might have going on.

Agree.

Have got a heap of hobbies and interests. Never feels like I have time to do all the things I am interested in. But I also know that there is something missing in all of them .... and that is someone to share them with.

Cucuboth said:
ardour said:

Agree.

Have got a heap of hobbies and interests. Never feels like I have time to do all the things I am interested in. But I also know that there is something missing in all of them .... and that is someone to share them with.

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs springs to mind (Love and belonging before self-actualization)

People seem to always think in this axiomatic way when thinking about depression or unhappiness. They think “well, you’ve got this going for you, you’ve got that, and this other thing. Why are you depressed?” People seem to always miss the point with depression. It has nothing to do with things being okay or things working out fine. Rather, a lot of times it stems from loneliness, dissatisfaction, fear/dread, etc... For me, life is not about “goals”, as one of the commenters stated. Not even remotely. Life, to me, is about people, family, and having a purpose that transcends your so-called “goals” or occupation. Like, once again, family/loved ones, your people, your culture, your heritage, etc... Feeling wanted/loved is crucial to having purpose. Some of us, especially men, are finding ourselves more and more completely without options for finding love. You can’t just think “getting hobbies” and “finding happiness by ourselves” is going to work, as is always the advice. This advice is simply ignorant. Finding a romantic partner, being wanted by the opposite sex, etc... These are crucial to our mental/emotional well being. This is why the advice always seems obtuse, and obscurant. It’s almost like people are gaslighting us. Telling us it isn’t important when it most certainly is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back