Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being Yourself
Anyone else ever been told to just be yourself, and yet when you are you then kind of get told to be like someone else? 

Or that you get told to speak your mind, even show your emotions more, and then when you do you get shut down for it. 

Seems to happen a lot.
You should be yourself and you should speak your mind (to an extent). The people that have a problem with that aren't deserving of your time.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: 68694043_2341967022788228_46455155003665...Ng%3D%3D.2]
(11-28-2019, 12:12 PM)TheRealCallie Wrote: You should be yourself and you should speak your mind (to an extent).  The people that have a problem with that aren't deserving of your time.

This is the truth. Take heed of this.
(11-27-2019, 06:56 PM)Cucuboth Wrote: Anyone else ever been told to just be yourself, and yet when you are you then kind of get told to be like someone else? 

Or that you get told to speak your mind, even show your emotions more, and then when you do you get shut down for it. 

Seems to happen a lot.

Yes, this happened a lot, particularly when I was younger. 

Unfortunately, the best way to be IS indeed to just be yourself! For sure you won't have as many 'friends', but the friends you'll have will be the best friends ever as they'll will totally 'get' the real you, and you won't feel mentally drained as you won't have to put on an 'act' around these people.
Quote:What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals. ~ Henry David Thoreau
Don't worry, "Be yourself" is just another Western scam just like meditation and enlightenment.
Yes. I still struggle with it because of my insecurities but it's also something that I have made heaps of progress with. I try to not let myself settle for those who make me feel like I have to dull any parts of myself just so that they can feel more comfortable. I spent my entire last relationship feeling that way, thinking that I had to hide parts of myself to accommodate someone else which just kept eating me up inside until I felt so unbelievably trapped and realized I couldn't keep living my life that way. It's entirely the other person's problem for ever having an issue with any part of who you are. There are people out there who are amazing and will accept you exactly the way you are, usually when you least expect it.
I tried not to be myself in high school, it was tiring and made me miserable. I decided to be myself and turned out my friends liked me more for who I really was. Ever since then I just be me, if people don't like it or have a problem with it then they can just go off their merry way and leave me alone. They can label me a whatever they want but that's their problem and not mine. At least my head isn't up my ass, I know who I am and I like who I am. You don't have to be what society or people tell you you have to be. You just be you.

[Image: p5XQ_g.gif]
(11-27-2019, 06:56 PM)Cucuboth Wrote: Anyone else ever been told to just be yourself, and yet when you are you then kind of get told to be like someone else? 

Seems to happen a lot.
Yeah, you just have to find people who like the authentic "you".
But if you've been rejected so many times, it can be disheartening.
You just have to keep trying until you find the right people even though it can be exhausting.