Not Wanting To Go Home

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broken_Soul

Reaction score
Hi!

I had this feeling tonight (when on my way home from work) of not wanting to go home.

I live alone and wondered if it was something to do with loneliness?

Anybody else had this feeling?

Thanks!

Unfortunately for me it seems like i can only either be at home or at work. I feel like i'm not allowed to go anywhere else.

niceguysfinishlast said:
Unfortunately for me it seems like i can only either be at home or at work. I feel like i'm not allowed to go anywhere else.

What, 'cause you feel unsociable?

Broken_Soul said:
Hi!

I had this feeling tonight (when on my way home from work) of not wanting to go home.

Thanks!

Yep. All the time. Sometimes I might just stop somewhere, just to waste time from going home to an empty house. Sometimes it has gotten so bad that I have ended up sleeping in the car. 

And no, before anyone suggests it, having pets didn’t help. It is knowing that I am going home to nobody, a lack of human contact and connection, that is the problem. Some people suggest getting room mates, but, there is no way I could live with a stranger, someone I didn’t know and trust.

Cucuboth said:
Broken_Soul said:
Hi!

Thanks!

Yep. All the time. Sometimes I might just stop somewhere, just to waste time from going home to an empty house. Sometimes it has gotten so bad that I have ended up sleeping in the car. 

And no, before anyone suggests it, having pets didn’t help. It is knowing that I am going home to nobody, a lack of human contact and connection, that is the problem. Some people suggest getting room mates, but, there is no way I could live with a stranger, someone I didn’t know and trust.

Is there anyone you know and trust? Maybe you could try staying a weekend with someone you know just to see if the feeling goes away or becomes worse. My suspicion is there’s something deeper going on beyond simply not wanting not to be on your own.

Karl Rand said:
Cucuboth said:
Broken_Soul said:
Hi!

Thanks!

Is there anyone you know and trust? Maybe you could try staying a weekend with someone you know just to see if the feeling goes away or becomes worse. My suspicion is there’s something deeper going on beyond simply not wanting not to be on your own.

For me, no. No friends. And family, well, would rather sleep in the car to be honest.

Luckily, I still live at home, so heading home actually feels like a relief as at least there is my Mum there who always likes to chat and talk about how I feel and stuff.

But I'm actually terrified of moving out, because I know I will have to survive on my own, with my own thoughts, for hours and hours on end.

I always feel this way when I leave work on top of it being super late when I finally get back. Given the time I go into work it's really gives me no life. It makes it hard for me since I don't have a car an the pay doesn't justify me having pay $100 a month for a parking pass

Latest posts

Back