Not so much lonely as misanthropic

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Rand

Reaction score
A google search under misanthropy forum bought me here so maybe I’m posting in the wrong place?
I have a decent enough social life yet my view of human kind is very, very dark. Possibly reading Arthur Koestler’s ‘The Ghost in the Machine’ many decades ago as a teenager has a lot to do with it. I find arguments about ideology and politics largely can’t see the elephant in the room, the viscious tribal nature of our species. Often when I make that remark the positive side of human nature is drawn to my attention. My response  is if we’re aware of how much beauty we are capable of, from falling in love to writing symphonies, it makes abominations such as our ability to wipe out all life on this planet with nuclear war , global warming - the list could go  on.
My view in fact is so dark I’m glad I’m 73 and will soon leave the planet. Problem is things are getting out of hand so fast I may not get out of here in time.

Unless you’re colour blind at 73 you’d have figured out a yellow bike and yellow outfit aren’t going to attract anyone with decent taste in men.
Anyhow, at 73 an English racing green BMW tourer is the way to go. . . . . .or an English racing green Honda CTX1300 or Triumph Tiger 1200 XC or Kawasaki Ninja 1000 (if you insist on a quacker)

giphy.gif

❤️ Welcome! ❤️
What’s up?

Karl Rand said:
Unless you’re colour blind at 73 you’d have figured out a yellow bike and yellow outfit aren’t going to attract anyone with decent taste in men.
Anyhow, at 73 an English racing green BMW tourer is the way to go. . . . . .or an English racing green Honda CTX1300 or Triumph Tiger 1200 XC or Kawasaki Ninja 1000 (if you insist on a quacker)

i love all the vehicles.  :)

Karl Rand said:

Who are you to say that? Look at this yellow suit i just ordered at Alibaba.com, it looks stunning!

rBVaWFwZkNiAL_k4AAJkCluP5iw686.jpg

Hey there! Pay no mind to the hijacking of trolls to this thread please.

73 is amazing and a blessing. Just wish you weren't into nihilist views at such a ripe age is all. To each their own. :p

We could use more hope in this world these days, not more darkness. Welcome :)

what?!! i'm a troll?!!  :rolleyes:

even by what i meant 73 years old is alright, i'm an old soul and old people is my people  ;)
and i am a person to all old people.
we are magnet of each other. 

anyhow welcome to this forum.

lookatbrightside said:
what?!! i'm a troll?!!  :rolleyes:

even by what i meant 73 years old is alright, i'm an old soul and old people is my people  ;)
and i am a person to all old people.
we are magnet of each other. 

anyhow welcome to this forum.

Well, you did just point out the said age with cynicism to be fair lol.

I beg to differ with what was typed. It was rather immature and unfitting of an old soul. This is coming from a fellow old soul.

Old souls are not full of darkness and cynicism. Sorry if that offends but it's being honest. This thread shouldn't have gone to this and should've been purely welcoming.

Glad you changed your tone at least. :)

i think it's because my English grammar and vocabularies, and is also confuse me how that written could such have a conclusion of cynicism my intention is wasn't to be like that at all.

Karl Rand said:
A google search under misanthropy forum bought me here so maybe I’m posting in the wrong place?
I have a decent enough social life yet my view of human kind is very, very dark. Possibly reading Arthur Koestler’s ‘The Ghost in the Machine’ many decades ago as a teenager has a lot to do with it. I find arguments about ideology and politics largely can’t see the elephant in the room, the viscious tribal nature of our species. Often when I make that remark the positive side of human nature is drawn to my attention. My response  is if we’re aware of how much beauty we are capable of, from falling in love to writing symphonies, it makes abominations such as our ability to wipe out all life on this planet with nuclear war , global warming - the list could go  on.
My view in fact is so dark I’m glad I’m 73 and will soon leave the planet. Problem is things are getting out of hand so fast I may not get out of here in time.

This is possibly near enough a misanthropy forum... lol
But no, I guess.
However, once this is a forum of troubled people, it's probably the right place for misanthropists too.

You said yourself: we anthropoi are capable of beautiful things along with the all bad... It's the contradiction of being human, I think.

I'm Gus. I live in a place where it's very easy to be misanthropist... I'm not one though, I guess. I'd very much like to leave this continent though. (I'm in the south portion of the Americas, but I would not like to go to the other parts of it either, but rather Europe... Hopefully I will, at the proper time.)

Welcome to the forum.

Karl Rand said:

Unix said:
Karl Rand said:

Who are you to say that? Look at this yellow suit i just ordered at Alibaba.com, it looks stunning!

rBVaWFwZkNiAL_k4AAJkCluP5iw686.jpg

YUK !  Since before I could walk I’ve had an aversion for yellow. Small bits I can tolerate but if, for instance, I find myself in a room with bright yellow walls I feel sick! As a young thing I had nightmares where everything was yellow, even sounds were yellow. I have no idea where this came from but years of psychotherapy haven’t gotten rid of my aversion. Anyhow, if you want to make yourself look like a ripe banana that’s your privilage.

Karl Rand said:

GustavusMacer said:
Karl Rand said:

This is possibly near enough a misanthropy forum... lol
But no, I guess.
However, once this is a forum of troubled people, it's probably the right place for misanthropists too.

You said yourself: we anthropoi are capable of beautiful things along with the all bad... It's the contradiction of being human, I think.

I'm Gus. I live in a place where it's very easy to be misanthropist... I'm not one though, I guess. I'd very much like to leave this continent though. (I'm in the south portion of the Americas, but I would not like to go to the other parts of it either, but rather Europe... Hopefully I will, at the proper time.)

Welcome to the forum.

anthropoid. What a wonderful word! You’ve made my day. Strange as it may seem my misanthropy comes from optimism. I believe that until and unless our species comes to the conclusion there’s something very wrong about our nature that requires a lot of thought we will continue down the road to our species extinction, an outcome becoming closer and closer.

I hear you, I often wish I was a bit older - I'm 36. I don't like the changes over the last 30 years - especially technology.

I'm definitely a misanthrope. I've been thinking about getting a t-shirt that says: LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE! :)

Latest posts

Back