Dog Breeds šŸ¶

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissBehave

Cry Baby
Reaction score
Iā€™ve been having thoughts about getting another dog.Ā 
I already have a wonderful black Medium Poodle but Iā€™ve always wanted to have more than one dog.
I think it would be something great for her too, having another friend to play with.Ā 
I love going through that process of socializing and training.Ā Itā€™s so much fun.Ā 
Another lovely soul to get to know. ā¤ļø

So I was wondering.
Does anyone one of you have any experience with some of the dog breeds?

Iā€™ve been wanting a dog in the size range of medium to big.

MissBehave said:
Iā€™ve been having thoughts about getting another dog.Ā 
I already have a wonderful black Medium Poodle but Iā€™ve always wanted to have more than one dog.
I think it would be something great for her too, having another friend to play with.Ā 
I love going through that process of socializing and training.Ā Itā€™s so much fun.Ā 
Another lovely soul to get to know. ā¤ļø

The last I had (2010) was a rotty... I wish you had found what you wanted.
So I was wondering.
Does anyone one of you have any experience with some of the dog breeds?

Iā€™ve been wanting a dog in the size range of medium to big.

I have a golden retriever. He is such a darling. I adore him. Every morning he would come and kiss me goid morning. He would give me one cheek to stroke, then when he's had enough he turns the other cheek for equal treatment šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. He is calm and live in an apartment. But he sheds ..a lot.

BrokenĀ heart said:
I have a golden retriever. He is such a darling. I adore him. Every morning Ā he would come and kiss me goid morning. He would give me one cheek to stroke, then when he's had enough he turns the other cheek for equal treatment šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. Ā He is calm and live in an apartment. But he sheds ..a lot.

Goldens are beautiful!
I had a German Shepherd that shredded so much. Uhh.. Hair all over. Lol

VanillaCreme said:
I can't wait for the day I can have another dog. I want a pitbull pup.

I love a pitbull smile šŸ˜
They look like a huge smileyface.Ā 
Sadly they are banned in my country. šŸ™„
Want another dog so badly šŸ˜«

MissBehave said:
VanillaCreme said:
I can't wait for the day I can have another dog. I want a pitbull pup.

I love a pitbull smile šŸ˜
They look like a huge smileyface.Ā 
Sadly they are banned in my country. šŸ™„
Want another dog so badly šŸ˜«

Places are getting better with them. My dog is actually part some type of bulldog. I think her mother was a staffy. We're not totally sure, because she showed up as an emaciated stray. We of course gave her food and water, and she figured we were okay people who fed her and stayed. She became pregnant by our other dog, and had four pups. Mine was the only one who survived. I would love to do a DNA test on her to know what she might be.

I tend to not tell people she's a pitbull. One, because I don't really know. Two, because there is such a stigma and it's sad. She's the goofiest, sweetest dog. She makes me laugh every day. I don't understand how people can so badly raise a breed of dogs, and the poor dogs are blamed for being poorly raised.

Pit bulls are sadly not allowed here in the city but allowed outside the city. It' s ridiculous. There are no bad dogs just bad dog guardians. Dogs get blamed for being dangerous when the reality people are the dangerous ones.šŸ˜æšŸ˜æšŸ˜æ

I had a Dalmatian for 10 years who was just fabulous. Hard work, but fabulous!Ā  He thought he was the superstar of the neighbourhood, thought that everyone wanted to stroke and love him.

And do you know what? They did!

Sadly, I had to put him down last summer after a long illnessĀ and as it came only 4 months after my wife passed, it hit hard. He was my best friend.

Positives for having a Dalmatian
- Everyone will want to talk to you
- You will never tire looking at them
- Very friendly
- Very playful
- Very energetic (this could also be seen as a negative)

Negatives for having a Dalmatian
- They're not called 'Damnatians' for anything, almost untrainable, nutty, nutcases
- They shed almost Christmas tree needlelike hairs all year around and they get everywhere. Every nook and cranny you can think of and some you didn't even know existed.Ā Take them to the vets and expect to spend two hours afterwardsĀ cleaning out your car.Ā  Your hoover at home will clog up with hair in no time!. He's been gone since July and I still find dog hairs on my clothes!

But I'd have another tomorrow...and might still, once I've worked out where my life is heading.

Here he is!

XF8phdA.jpg
[/img]

Livebreathesmile said:
I had a Dalmatian for 10 years who was just fabulous. Hard work, but fabulous!Ā  He thought he was the superstar of the neighbourhood, thought that everyone wanted to stroke and love him.

And do you know what? They did!

Sadly, I had to put him down last summer after a long illnessĀ and as it came only 4 months after my wife passed, it hit hard. He was my best friend.

Positives for having a Dalmatian
- Everyone will want to talk to you
- You will never tire looking at them
- Very friendly
- Very playful
- Very energetic (this could also be seen as a negative)

Negatives for having a Dalmatian
- They're not called 'Damnatians' for anything, almost untrainable, nutty, nutcases
- They shed almost Christmas tree needlelike hairs all year around and they get everywhere. Every nook and cranny you can think of and some you didn't even know existed.Ā Take them to the vets and expect to spend two hours afterwardsĀ cleaning out your car.Ā  Your hoover at home will clog up with hair in no time!. He's been gone since July and I still find dog hairs on my clothes!

But I'd have another tomorrow...and might still, once I've worked out where my life is heading.

Here he is!

XF8phdA.jpg
[/img]

So beautiful. šŸ˜»šŸ˜»Sorry for ur loss.šŸ˜æšŸ˜æ

Latest posts

Back