More Looky Loo's

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marie60

Reaction score
I know I have not been here long but I have noticed it looks like this site is 90% looky loo's and 10% participants. That is not always a good thing. I hope this place does not have a lot of people that are just looking to exploit and use the lonely and sad. I have seen that and experienced that at other sites. But I dont see a lot of participating in the forums vs the amount of members..? Maybe been a slow few days? lol

Well, I think like many forums like this. People come looking for something to satisfy their need for something, but don't find it. So they leave. A few but hopefully rare exploit for sure. Few of us encountered them sadly. But I think there are many here looking for ears to hear our pain and you listen to theirs. You just need to find the voices you gel with the most. Many are on the chat app Discord. You may find more luck there as well to find what you want out of this place. The forum itself comes and goes with activity. Keep lurking or proactively see if chatting on the Discord group by invite will satisfy. You may also find this place is not for you and will probably move on like many have already done so. Good Luck.

More like been a slow few years. lol
But yeah, the forum gets in a slow rut every few years. Usually picks back up eventually. I know several people left recently. Several more were banned. Usually after that, it gets quiet. There are a lot of reasons the forum is slow, some even say I'm one of those reasons. lol

If you're interested, there is typically always at least one person in the chat room to talk if you need to.

"The 1% rule states that the number of people who create content on the Internet represents approximately 1% of the people who view that content.

For example, for every person who posts on a forum, generally about 99 other people view that forum but do not post. The term was coined by authors and bloggers Ben McConnell and Jackie Huba, although earlier references to the same concept did not use this name."

Ha!Ha!

"...There are a lot of reasons the forum is slow, some even say I'm one of those reasons. lol..."

Marie60 said:
I know I have not been here long but I have noticed it looks like this site is 90% looky loo's and 10% participants. That is not always a good thing. I hope this place does not have a lot of people that are just looking to exploit and use the lonely and sad. I have seen that and experienced that at other sites. But I dont see a lot of participating in the forums vs the amount of members..? Maybe been a slow few days? lol

What about Twitter?

Although loneliness is ALSO there, it gives a chance to interact with "some" who wouldn't note you are as lonely as they are.

Marie60 said:

What about Twitter?

Although loneliness is ALSO there, it gives a chance to interact with "some" who wouldn't note you are as lonely as they are.

I have over 200 followers there and I follow even more and get one conversation once in a while and only a few shares and likes... I have them all and I just dont belong in any either, not for getting rid of my loneliness just helps some with boredom looking thru them. oh well. is what is forever I guess. Thank you anyway.

I read most of the new post twice a day. With the amount of depression written in a lot of the post it's hard to find something meaningful to post that you think other will read and might find useful. Every time I log in I type out a reply to a couple of post and most of the time I do not reply as I do not feel what I'm posting is worth it after the depression reply's.

Latest posts

Back