Hello, new and lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magicklynx

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new here. I'm surprised I only found the forum yesterday as I have googled quite a lot the last few years 'loneliness'.

I was with my ex for 13 years but we did not see eye to eye in the end, she became abusive to me and I never thought she would ever do that. I've been single almost 3 years now. 

I've tried meetup groups etc but the people are not really on my wavelength unfortunately. I'm unable to work at the moment and have no pets. The only person who I see every few weeks is my father and still we are not really on the same wavelength so I still feel very lonely. I have no friends. I got back in touch with an old school friend in the summer and that was nice but he wanted more than just friendship and I didn't, so we no longer see each other. 

I'm 36 and never thought my life would end up like this. Even going to healthcare appointments is a big deal as it's the only time when people are really kind to me/show an interest in me. Even then it's only maybe once every 3 months or more. And of course they can not become friends, they're just doing their job.

I really miss just being able to talk to someone regularly, it's a very empty and soul destroying way to live, this.

magicklynx said:
Hi everyone, I am new here. I'm surprised I only found the forum yesterday as I have googled quite a lot the last few years 'loneliness'.

I was with my ex for 13 years but we did not see eye to eye in the end, she became abusive to me and I never thought she would ever do that. I've been single almost 3 years now. 

I've tried meetup groups etc but the people are not really on my wavelength unfortunately. I'm unable to work at the moment and have no pets. The only person who I see every few weeks is my father and still we are not really on the same wavelength so I still feel very lonely. I have no friends. I got back in touch with an old school friend in the summer and that was nice but he wanted more than just friendship and I didn't, so we no longer see each other. 

I'm 36 and never thought my life would end up like this. Even going to healthcare appointments is a big deal as it's the only time when people are really kind to me/show an interest in me. Even then it's only maybe once every 3 months or more. And of course they can not become friends, they're just doing their job.

I really miss just being able to talk to someone regularly, it's a very empty and soul destroying way to live, this.

TheRealCallie said:
Welcome.  I was in a similar relatuonahip situation about 10 years ago.

I am sorry you are going through this....I lost my husband almost 9 years ago , have been in the same spot off and on since then..The past year I have been totally alone and very isolated...I am here if you want to chat...

Thank you all for your words of support and kindness :) I wasn't feeling well the past few days so sorry for the delay replying.

3af3cd437a6c52529c5592cb91602ee8.gif
Sorry ur ex was abusive.

Latest posts

Back