So down all the time

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunless Sky

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I have been feeling down for a while now, going onto 2 months. 2 months straight of day after day where i have no desire to get out of bed. I feel like i dont want to live my life anymore. I cant work and i dont enjoy anything anymore. I only watch tv and play video games to keep the voices out and even that has stopped working. I feel like i am suffocating every second i am awake. Either that or numbing myself with food, games, and going to the gym to the point where i am just a walking corpse. 

TL;DR, i feel like honeysuckle all the time now and was wondering if anyone else here is dealing with anything similar.

Thanks for reading

Hi SS,
Lots of people go through this, it's a very common feeling. Key thing to remember is that it's a falsehood and that clouds do have silver linings. I've found it very helpful to look at all the inexplicably good things in the world, like charity and goodwill. I know that's become a seasonal cliche, but the good things in life lift us in ways we can't explain. Over here in the UK we have a TV programme called DIY SOS, basically a team of builders turns up and transforms the homes of people who are having health, mobility and dignity problems. They don't get paid for the work and most materials are donated. It's a great prog to watch if you're feeling down, works for me every time.
Life is worthwhile and there are good things out there and plenty to discover. Yes the world can seem awful, but the human spirit is largely a good one and it's what has kept our species going over the centuries.

Yeti1980 said:
Hi SS,
Lots of people go through this, it's a very common feeling. Key thing to remember is that it's a falsehood and that clouds do have silver linings. I've found it very helpful to look at all the inexplicably good things in the world, like charity and goodwill. I know that's become a seasonal cliche, but the good things in life lift us in ways we can't explain. Over here in the UK we have a TV programme called DIY SOS, basically a team of builders turns up and transforms the homes of people who are having health, mobility and dignity problems. They don't get paid for the work and most materials are donated. It's a great prog to watch if you're feeling down, works for me every time.
Life is worthwhile and there are good things out there and plenty to discover. Yes the world can seem awful, but the human spirit is largely a good one and it's what has kept our species going over the centuries.

Yeah, you're right. I was just venting my feelings.

I actually do volunteer work myself. It centers around providing companionship to lonely and socially isolated people. 

I am just a bit lost as to what to do with myself over the holidays. Which is another common feeling. I know what i ought to be doing just having trouble escaping my pattern of avoidance. How are you spending the holidays?

Thanks for replying to my post.

TheRealCallie said:
Have you considered a new hobby?  Something to occupy your time and could lead to something you can use to meet new people.

Besides video games and the gym, i don't have any other hobbies so, no i haven't really. 

Don't know where i would even start.

I meet new people doing my volunteer work but thats off during the holidays.

Hmm, this is harder than i thought it would be, got any suggestions?

Are you crafty? You could pick up a craft, like crocheting or making other craft stuff...sorry, I'm not crafty, so I don't really know what to add to this list. lol

Do you paint or draw? Could you try woodworking? (start with a birdhouse, they're pretty easy :p ) What about sporty type things, like bowling or golf or darts or billiards? How do you feel about pottery, you could find somewhere to make some.

Do you know how to cook? You could teach yourself if you don't. You could even consider taking some college courses. There are some you can do for free online.

If you like that gym, have you ever considered expanding on that? Try rock walls or something that is athletic, but not something you've done before.

I am not the craftiest guy out there. Not that i would know, i never tried any of that stuff.

I am also spending the holidays in a country where the residents dont speak either arabic or english. So communication is definitely limited.

I do know how to cook. I spent a lot of time doing that last year where i made a variety of dishes from different cuisines. That was fun. It would be a pain shopping for ingredients what with the language barrier and all. Also, i am trying to get shredded which limits my options for food. It is a good idea though, i did enjoy it before.

I do a lot of body-weight training at the gym but i've never tried rock climbing before, could be fun.

To be honest, i feel like the real challenge is not what to do, its overcoming my depression long enough to actually attempt anything.

Thanks for the suggestions though callie :D

Sunless Sky said:
I am not the craftiest guy out there. Not that i would know, i never tried any of that stuff.

I am also spending the holidays in a country where the residents dont speak either arabic or english. So communication is definitely limited.

I do know how to cook. I spent a lot of time doing that last year where i made a variety of dishes from different cuisines. That was fun. It would be a pain shopping for ingredients what with the language barrier and all. Also, i am trying to get shredded which limits my options for food. It is a good idea though, i did enjoy it before.

I do a lot of body-weight training at the gym but i've never tried rock climbing before, could be fun.

To be honest, i feel like the real challenge is not what to do, its overcoming my depression long enough to actually attempt anything.

Thanks for the suggestions though callie :D

Yeah, depression can be a huge hurdle, but what worked for me is forcing myself to do it, even if I really didn't want to.  Eventually, you won't have to force yourself.

You're welcome, I hope you can find something that does the trick for you.  Definitely try rock climbing though.  Who knows, maybe the thrill seeker stuff is exactly what you need.  Get the adrenaline pumping to weed out the depression.

ahsatan said:
I feel like  honeysuckle all the time too. Life is a nightmare.

I know what you mean. I marvel sometimes at people around me that seem to simply exist. Not everyone struggles to get up and do things every single day. I know everyone has their own issues but it can be difficult to see things past yourself sometimes when you are so wrapped up your own troubles.

How was your day?

Sunless Sky said:
TheRealCallie said:
Have you considered a new hobby?  Something to occupy your time and could lead to something you can use to meet new people.

Besides video games and the gym, i don't have any other hobbies so, no i haven't really. 

Callie is right. A hobby, no matter what is may be can get your mind off a lot things going on around you. For me I found this to be true because of the photo galleries I have. I create them and post them online and I swear they keep me busy during the course of the year. I don't meet people from this but it is still very helpful.

Now where do you start? It's probably right in front of you as we speak. Something you feel passionately about. Meetup groups that you are interested in. Something like that.

ricardo240 said:
My son is continuing to find progress with the CBD treatment and feels he has reached a 75% relief in pain level.

Sunless Sky said:
ahsatan said:

I know what you mean. I marvel sometimes at people around me that seem to simply exist. Not everyone struggles to get up and do things every single day. I know everyone has their own issues but it can be difficult to see things past yourself sometimes when you are so wrapped up your own troubles.

How was your day?

Yes everyday is difficult. Wish life was great.
My day was pretty shitty.

How was ur day?

ahsatan said:
ricardo240 said:
My son is continuing to find progress with the CBD treatment and feels he has reached a 75% relief in pain level.

Sunless Sky said:
ahsatan said:

How was your day?

Yes everyday is difficult. Wish life was great.
My day was pretty shitty.

How was ur day?

My day was okay. Hung out with my brother at a mall, we didnt do much besides wandering around. Then i headed to the gym, only to see it closed for the day. I did feel really down this morning, took hours to get out of bed to shower. Had some dark thoughts in the morning.

What did you get up to in your day?

BeyondShy said:
Sunless Sky said:
TheRealCallie said:

Callie is right. A hobby, no matter what is may be can get your mind off a lot things going on around you. For me I found this to be true because of the photo galleries I have. I create them and post them online and I swear they keep me busy during the course of the year. I don't meet people from this but it is still very helpful.

Now where do you start? It's probably right in front of you as we speak. Something you feel passionately about. Meetup groups that you are interested in. Something like that.

A group of weight lifters would be pretty interesting. We could have a pretty nice talk about nutrition and exercise. Training is about the only thing i am actually passionate about.

What do you take photos of? would you care to share some of them here?

Sunless Sky said:
What do you take photos of? would you care to share some of them here?

I don't take photos myself. I collect hi-resolution photos from all over and create photo galleries from them. So far I have twenty-seven and I am 70% done with the next one.

I did offer to share everything in here once a few years back but I was ignored.

Doesnt matter if no one cares. You do this for you. Besides you never know who might become interested in the near or far future.

Anyway, i would not mind taking a look at them if you care to share them again.

ahsatan said:
I just chatted online, watched a series on  Netflix.

What series did you watch?

ahsatan said:
I watched The Good Place. It's pretty funny.

I watched the first season of that show, its pretty good. Funny with an interesting premise.

Hey everyone

I have been feeling down for a while now, going onto 2 months. 2 months straight of day after day where i have no desire to get out of bed. I feel like i dont want to live my life anymore. I cant work and i dont enjoy anything anymore. I only watch tv and play video games to keep the voices out and even that has stopped working. I feel like i am suffocating every second i am awake. Either that or numbing myself with food, games, and going to the gym to the point where i am just a walking corpse.

TL;DR, i feel like honeysuckle all the time now and was wondering if anyone else here is dealing with anything similar.

Thanks for reading
There are days when I feel so down, I just stay silent.

screwhead, human beings werent made to sit infront of a wall all day (monitor) and watch images pass by. you are living in platos cave, time to get out. pick upppp some books, seek for temporary answers, dont give uppppppppppppppppppppppppp.

change digital diet. u need a brain fix. turn to the artssss, movies and books. or whatver. you gotta talk to yourself, self reflection mannnn. write down your thoughts with a pen and papper. read books, the authors know more than me

Latest posts

Back