Will go to a concert alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuro

Reaction score
has anyone been to a concert on their own? 

I recently booked a ticket to Harry Styles’ concert and only bought one ticket as I don’t know anyone who is his fan. To be fare I was never his fan until his new album and bought the ticket on a whim and wanted to experience a concert. I tried to get an accessible ticket because I’m disabled and would have been able to get a free ticket for my carer but was fully booked. With the spare ticket I would have asked someone to go with me so I’m not alone there with 20,000 screaming fans. So got a normal ticket as the arena is seated (but worried the audience will be standing all the way through the performance). 

I have been to gigs before (about three times) and one of those times I went alone and the experience wasn’t the greatest as I wanted to go with some but again didn’t know anyone who was a fan of the artist. The other two times I was able to go with my sister and those times I had a better experience as I was with someone. 

I know there’s nothing wrong with going alone but...

I think that if you decide to try to make this event good, then it most likely willl be.
Ive never been on a consert alone but ive eaten out plenty of times by myself.
Being capable of doing stuff alone and have confidence regarding it is important, at least to me.
I don`t need to always have someone with me in order to have fun. I can count on myself for that too. <3

Look, the ticket is bought already and the arrangements have been made. Might as well go to concert with an open mind and a warm heart. Who knows who you could run into there? You might end up with some pretty interesting encounters.

Either way, go out there and have some fun. Who cares if you are by yourself? You go have a blast.

I bought 2 concert tickets with the thought of taking my sister with me, but she wouldn't give me the time of day, and I ended up going with my dad. TBH I'm not sure if I wouldn't have been better going alone, but it is what it is, and it was ok. I've also gone to a concert alone because the guy who said he would go with me was a total flake, so I guess maybe I should start learning my place on the social hierarchy. Sorry, not sure how helpful I am, just wanted to let you know you're not the only one.

kuro said:
has anyone been to a concert on their own? 

I recently booked a ticket to Harry Styles’ concert and only bought one ticket as I don’t know anyone who is his fan. To be fare I was never his fan until his new album and bought the ticket on a whim and wanted to experience a concert. I tried to get an accessible ticket because I’m disabled and would have been able to get a free ticket for my carer but was fully booked. With the spare ticket I would have asked someone to go with me so I’m not alone there with 20,000 screaming fans. So got a normal ticket as the arena is seated (but worried the audience will be standing all the way through the performance). 

I have been to gigs before (about three times) and one of those times I went alone and the experience wasn’t the greatest as I wanted to go with some but again didn’t know anyone who was a fan of the artist. The other two times I was able to go with my sister and those times I had a better experience as I was with someone. 

I know there’s nothing wrong with going alone but...

I have been to many things on my own. As I said in recent post, everyone there is on their own actually. You are no more on your own than anyone else. The only difference is whether you know the person next to you or not.  I know its nice to be able to share the experience with someone else afterwards, if they happen to be on the same wavelength, but it is better to go than let the absence of someone else stop you. You might meet someone while you are there. You definitely won't if you don't go. Don't let your mind dwell on negative thoughts and enjoy the concert.

I've been to quite a few concerts by myself (Journey, Queen, KISS (3x), Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, The Plasmatics, Julian Bream, Janet Jackson (2x), Bobby Brown, Sting, and many others). If I'd waited for someone to come along to accompany me, I'd never have went to any of them.

I was feeling way down in the dumps, though, when I bought a ticket to see YES in Seattle years ago. Tired of going to shows by myself, I cancelled it from Ticketmaster and got my money back. I think if it was today, I would've went. I know if they had some good shows around here I'd never seen before (Steve Miller, Steely Dan, Peter Gabriel, YES, etc.) I'd definitely go even by myself.

Latest posts

Back