Don’t give up!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anondude2020

Reaction score
We live in a world where racism and hatred is alive and well. We can’t be who we want to be because it goes against “normal” and by the same token we can’t say what we want to say for fear of offending somebody. Our leaders do not represent us or the issues we feel strongly about. Humanity in general is determined to rip itself apart rather than compromise to live in peace. We work to live and live to work, having more and more of our pay being stolen from us to pay for the overspending of our institutions based on currency lended from a central bank that controls the value of our made up paper money.

That’s what I want to say whenever somebody goes “cheer up” and “why are you so down all the time?”

The world really is that bad. It’s depressing just existing in our messed up regressive and divided society. But you know what? There’s hope.

You may not have a choice about where you born and what you do. Out here in the real world good people know that sometimes it’s impossible to beat the hand you’re dealt and you just have to play along.

BUT!

YOU - yes, you - are the wild card in that game and you can change it. Because you have free will. The ability the decide and think and do. Nobody can take that from you, and it is a mighty power.

Don’t believe me? Small groups of people have changed the world. Single conscientious objectors have changed the course of history. Maybe, you’re thinking, that is never going to me.

When you want to buckle and give up, remember that you have the power to fight back against depression. You can curse back at the world and defy it as it tries to bring you down with it.

Write a story that’s in your head. Do something nice for your neighbour just because. Be passionate about what you like. Fight for what you believe in. Find something you love and grab onto it. Embrace it. Never let anybody tell you what you can and can’t do or think or say. That is how we change the world. And that is how we fight back against that darkness in ourselves.

Good luck, brothers and sisters!

Great post anondude, thanks for sharing. Your first couple of paragraphs certainly ring true with me. I often think that depression is a very reasonable response to what goes on in the world, but remembering that we are human and more important than our troubles is the key.

The facts don't change, but our perspective can. Sometimes we turn inside out and end up with a negative opinion, other times we pop back out into our normal mental shape and carry on . Keeping the latter in the majority is the battle.

There are so many people in this world who would benefit from reading your words.

hewhowalksalone said:
There are so many people in this world who would benefit from reading your words.

Ohh! 
Heyo. 
Long time no see 🤗
Hope you are doing alright

MissBehave said:
hewhowalksalone said:

Ohh! 
Heyo. 
Long time no see 🤗
Hope you are doing alright

Despite the fact that I've been stuck in unemployment for the past year, I'm not doing too bad. Keeping my spirits up by focusing on the little things. Hope you're okay too.

Latest posts

Back