Alone in the World

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cucuboth

Reaction score
Just tired of being alone in the world. 

Tired of it always feeling like a fight to just even find someone to talk with, let alone hope for any other kind of connection. Tired of being ignored and dismissed. 

Work. Volunteer. Gym. Have tried groups and classes. Dating and chat apps. There is nobody to go out with. Tired of doing EVERYTHING alone.

Cucuboth said:

Tired of it always feeling like a fight to just even find someone to talk with, let alone hope for any other kind of connection. Tired of being ignored and dismissed. 

Work. Volunteer. Gym. Have tried groups and classes. Dating and chat apps. There is nobody to go out with. Tired of doing EVERYTHING alone.

Try a singing group (there are quite a few where you don't have to be a good singer), walking group (some areas have health walks were you just turn up), church (it doesn't matter about your beliefs, there are people there who would speak to you), U3A discussion group, book club. In the latter two, people can't ignore you. You only need a small difference in your contacts to make a big difference to how you fee.

mike1111 said:
Cucuboth said:

Try a singing group (there are quite a few where you don't have to be a good singer), walking group (some areas have health walks were you just turn up), church (it doesn't matter about your beliefs, there are people there who would speak to you), U3A discussion group, book club. In the latter two, people can't ignore you. You only need a small difference in your contacts to make a big difference to how you fee.

Have done walking groups already. Cycling groups. Art groups. Photography groups. Have tried church groups as well, even though I am an atheist, and no, I did not find people at them to be very friendly. Sorry, but that was my experience. Book clubs in my area all seem to be much older people. Same with things like U3A of course. I want connections to people around my own age.

Cucuboth said:
mike1111 said:
Cucuboth said:

Have done walking groups already. Cycling groups. Art groups. Photography groups. Have tried church groups as well, even though I am an atheist, and no, I did not find people at them to be very friendly. Sorry, but that was my experience. Book clubs in my area all seem to be much older people. Same with things like U3A of course. I want connections to people around my own age.
I understand why you feel discouraged. I get it that you have tried everything and it hasn't worked. I just wonder whether you are letting the weight of baggage from the past pull you down. I know this is a cliche but it is a fact that the past is gone. Time starts now. It doesn't necessarily follow that the future will be a repeat of the past. You only need a small positive thing to happen and you will feel different.

mike1111 said:
Cucuboth said:
mike1111 said:
Cucuboth said:

I understand why you feel discouraged. I get it that you have tried everything and it hasn't worked. I just wonder whether you are letting the weight of baggage from the past pull you down. I know this is a cliche but it is a fact that the past is gone. Time starts now. It doesn't necessarily follow that the future will be a repeat of the past. You only need a small positive thing to happen and you will feel different.

Yes. Just one good thing to happen. Been trying to find that for most of my life.

MissBehave said:
I can talk with you if you want to
We can chat it up on Disc 🤗
If you want to, sure!

Cucuboth said:
mike1111 said:
Cucuboth said:
mike1111 said:
Cucuboth said:

Yes. Just one good thing to happen. Been trying to find that for most of my life.

MissBehave said:
I can talk with you if you want to
We can chat it up on Disc 🤗
If you want to, sure!

Keep trying. There is no reason why it can't happen.

Latest posts

Back