Hello..let me introduce myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jej18

Reaction score
You When I was younger I had quite a few friends. Then I met wife, right after college,and fell in love.  Some of my friends she didn’t like and them her. Those friends slowly disappeared as I started to spend more time with her.  Marriage came, new job, first kid.  More friends slipped away. My friends and I started talking less.  I guess as time goes by, you don’t see it happening.  A few of my friends stayed close a little longer, but eventually life happens and they moved away for work or just moved.   Now after being together 20 years, my wife and I separated and I find myself alone.  I see the kids and that breaks up the loneliness, but when they aren’t around, the quiet can get to be a little much.  I miss the friends I never realized I was losing and would like that back, but that time has come and gone.  So I would like to meet new people and hopefully forge new friendships.  So that is my story.. and I a man saying Hello to anyone who would like to talk

Hello jej18,

I have found that many of my friends from high school and college are doing other things now - busy with work and family. I do keep up with a few of them online or elsewhere. I have had to make new friends through church or work or activities. Many of my friends I met at church and attend a small group bible study with them. Those are some of my best friends. Others I met playing golf or going out to lunch with coworkers. At times, I have invited neighbors over for a BBQ.

I have found the key is to put an invitation out to others. I am then patient. I realize people are busy and may not be able to link up the first time. After awhile - some folks will take me up on the offer.

Good luck my friend. Good luck with finding new friends. Be patient. You will find them. Blessings!

Latest posts

Back