Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No afterlife at all?
Do you believe in an afterlife or do you believe there is None at all?  If there is No afterlife at all, then it's all the more reason for us to be as happy as possible in the present life, yes?
Isn't afterlife about religion? That's a no no in the debate section.

Anyway, it doesn't matter if there is or isn't an afterlife. You SHOULD be living your life fully and completely. You should be doing everything you can to be happy, or at least content with your life.
Sadly, for some, that's a very hard thing to do and they can't get over their fear or anger or whatever enough to realize there's more to life and it can be better.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: the-top-10-craziest-laws-in-the-us-9-638...1433876877]
Afterlife isn't necessarily about religion. It can be a part of (a) reigion, but even non-religious people can believe in an afterlife.
Signed,

Lowlander

DISCLAIMER: The views I express are my own opinion. I will always try to be as civilized as possible. Might I have offended you so much that you get nightmares or that you just really feel upset, feel free to send me a PM.

[Image: rzJj1.png]

Want to join our discord group so you can chat away with people? Check out our chat room !

(02-14-2020, 06:56 AM)August Campbell Wrote: Do you believe in an afterlife or do you believe there is None at all?  If there is No afterlife at all, then it's all the more reason for us to be as happy as possible in the present life, yes?

The problem is with belief. To believe means to conclude what is not known. 

There could be endless philosophies about it, theories about it, but there is no point until it has been known, witnessed.

We haven't even known life itself, its very difficult to talk about afterlife.
(02-15-2020, 11:45 PM)M_also_lonely Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 06:56 AM)August Campbell Wrote: Do you believe in an afterlife or do you believe there is None at all?  If there is No afterlife at all, then it's all the more reason for us to be as happy as possible in the present life, yes?

There could be endless philosophies about it, theories about it, but there is no point until it has been known, witnessed.

What about those that have died and been brought back to life? Some of those people have experienced things.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: the-top-10-craziest-laws-in-the-us-9-638...1433876877]
(02-16-2020, 12:04 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 11:45 PM)M_also_lonely Wrote:

What about those that have died and been brought back to life? Some of those people have experienced things.

It means nothing. As far I'm concerned, the only thing that can be gathered from so called near-death experiences is that we do not know enough about the way the brain works - not that we can make factual claims about the nature of an afterlife or the other side.
Sometimes I wake up in the morning and I go...
[Image: d8mV4rP.gif]
In general no. I do believe that we are some sort of matter that does not ever die but I do not think that or particular personality lives on as a it is in this human body. Actually that might be a good thing.

If you haven't read about it... look into the law of attraction. Not so much for that law per se but the idea that everything is made of the same base material and if we know it or not we make everything that exists with our mind. Basically that line of thinking says that when we pass the material will never go away and will be directed as mental force directs.
I'd like to think that there is something after this, but I doubt there is. I think it will be more like when I've had dreams where I have died, and there is just absolute nothing. No feeling, no light, no dark, just an absolute absence of everything. Which didn't feel all that bad, if I'm honest, lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Think of me long enough to make a memory

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-religious concepts of the afterlife? AnonymousMe 66 23,295 07-24-2016, 07:11 AM
Last Post: BayouWoman
  Afterlife iris 7 3,620 01-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Last Post: edgecrusher