Happy Valentine's Day

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

August Campbell

My ultimate dream came true.
Reaction score
Even though this is Loneliness forum, I know that some of you have a current relationship.  Odd that some people have a relationship and yet still feel lonely. So how will you spend your Valentine's Day today?  In my case, I don't have a relationship currently, but I used to have.  What's unusual is that I got into that previous relationship even though I was not looking for any at all in the first place. It just happened. In other words it seems that people find relationships if they don't look too hard. Whereas those who are desperate are the ones who keep failing.  Anyway for those of you who have a relationship at present, how will you spend Valentine's today?

I don't know why people think it's so odd that you can be not alone and still be lonely. I was more lonely when I had a husband than I have ever been being alone. It's more about mental state than anything physical. And that statement is kind of an insult to those that are lonely and have friends, family or even a partner. It is often said on this forum. People need to stop judging what they don't know.

As for me, even when in a relationship I didn't care for Valentine's Day. I don't do anything. Tomorrow I will probably buy some discounted Valentine's Day chocolate, but that's about it.

TheRealCallie said:
I don't know why people think it's so odd that you can be not alone and still be lonely.  I was more lonely when I had a husband than I have ever been being alone.  It's more about mental state than anything physical.  And that statement is kind of an insult to those that are lonely and have friends, family or even a partner.  It is often said on this forum.  People need to stop judging what they don't know.

As for me, even when in a relationship I didn't care for Valentine's Day.  I don't do anything.  Tomorrow I will probably buy some discounted Valentine's Day chocolate, but that's about it.
Sounds like you agree with my other thread as to the preference and benefits of living alone.  In that thread, I focus on the ascetic monks who deliberately isolate themselves in order to meditate.  Do you meditate?

August Campbell said:
Sounds like you agree with my other thread as to the preference and benefits of living alone.  In that thread, I focus on the ascetic monks who deliberately isolate themselves in order to meditate.  Do you meditate?

My "preference" is to take care of myself and my children first.  To make sure we are stable mentally and physically.  My current living arrangements has a lot to do with my last relationship, of which you know nothing about. 

Yes, I do meditate and no, I am not Buddhist and do not want any affiliation with Buddhism.

I had a nice little thing happen. After a day of watching people get roses at work (I Hate that), I got off the train and walked around the corner. The mall next door was giving away these large bouquets of flowers to anyone who came off the train. While nice I am not the biggest flower person but the great part was when I arrived home to my condo... a lot of people were standing outside and I started walking in with the flowers... I know they all thought it was from some suitor. And that was the best part.

Latest posts

Back