Honest self-criticism (with positive statements)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ITellYouHhwut

Reaction score
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Okay, here’s the thread I’ve not yet tried. Serious and honest self-reflection and criticism. This is going to be tough. My heart, mind, and soul do NOT want to do this, but here goes...[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Negative:[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I’m excessively lazy to the point of going months doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING (most likely due in-part to severe depression).[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I’ve got a very quick temper, lack of patience, and anger issues. [/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I’m extremely self-destructive. I often intentionally act against my own interests out of spite, jealousy, and frustration. This one is a big one. I get so ****ing mad at the world that I just start actively self-sabotaging because I want to be spiteful. When other people are so much brighter and better looking than me, I get jealous and depressed. When I see others accomplishing things that are my dreams and everyone is praising them for it, I get jealous and depressed. I then start beating my own self up, telling myself I’m worthless and need to die, and engaging in self-sabotaging behavior. (Often the problem is that even when I feel I’ve done something superbly, no one ever gives me my due. I have to twist their arm to get them to half-heartedly and reluctantly say “good job”. But I notice when others do half as good as me, people praise them like they’re a world-class pro. I’ve experienced this all my life.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I cannot hold attention to one thing for very long. I lose interest quickly, which again might have something to do with severe mental depression, but also might be undiagnosed ADD. [/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I’m extremely maladapted and alienated from modern culture. I just don’t get along well with people my age or younger. I don’t know how to act like they act, or relate to them, or make friends with them. I find myself confused and alienated.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I’m indecisive. Even with things I know I love. I just cannot commit to anything. I have such intense anxiety, lack of drive, and just overall mental blockage to following my passions. There are things I would be doing right now if I didn’t have these issues. [/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I’m physically ugly. I’ve got numerous physical maladies, and am physically heavily flawed. This something else altogether. It’s impossible to convey because you would necessarily have to see me. But it’s definitely the case. Severe pectus excavatum, and severe cases of all the deformities. Terrible jawline and teeth. Ugly face and facial bone structure. As I get older I’m starting to realize I’m beginning to look like my mother’s side of the family facially. They have a certain look to them, and I’m starting to see those features in myself, and I don’t like it. Mainly my grandfather’s features. Not to sound terrible, but I never liked those features and wished I didn’t have them. Literally the opposite of the features everybody wants. I’m starting to look like my ugly uncle.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Positive:[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]It is nearly impossible for me to say anything positive about myself, but here goes...[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I’m 6’1” or 2”, so I guess I’m pretty tall.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I’m thin and lanky, but I think this actually makes me look more goofy (like shaggy from scooby doo). But I guess it’s more positive than it is negative. [/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I’m decently smart about some things. Particularly political, cultural, and societal things. I actively study history and follow current events. I’m inquisitive and curious about the world I live in.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I guess I’m a pretty good guitar player. I’ve been playing since age 13, but always had severe performance anxiety, so I’ve never performed onstage or with a band. But this was always my dream, being a rockstar. But again, I was ugly and goofy-looking and didn’t even come close to having the look for it, and I was also always awkward and unable to perform or get things right. Every time I’ve tried to form a band the other guys always bail after a couple meetups because of my goofy looks and awkwardness.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I guess I’m kind, giving, and big-hearted. This is probably actually a negative if you’re a guy. I’m not a douchbag or *******. At least not the kind women attract to.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]That’s the best I can do for positive. There really isn’t much positive about me, and most of what I just mentioned is kinda bull**** anyway. I just wanted to try to be positive for once. [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I’m sure there’s more stuff I can add to this, but this is the best I can come up with for now.[/font]

That's a decent list of positives, so that's good. Though, you did kind of attempt to make them not as good as they should be.

But I would like to focus on your negatives, because all of them can be changed. The biggest thing that occurs in ALL of your negatives are from depression and anxiety. Doesn't that tell you anything? Work on the depression and the anxiety, find a way to make them less. And before you say anything, it IS possible. You just have to want it more than you want the negativity. It's easier to stay focused on the bad stuff, trust me, I know, I lived there for years and years. The fear of the unknown, the fear of "what if I get better and nothing changes" can beat a person down and make them not try as hard as they can to find solutions.
Now, the biggest issue I see in your negatives is the self sabotage. It's excellent that you see it, that you know you are doing it. You need to find a way to do it less.
I wonder if you would be willing to try something. Go a day without negative thoughts. Hell, half a day. Spin everything to be not negative. Even if it's neutral instead of positive, it would be helpful for you.
Also look into Body Dysmorphic Disorder, you could have it. Coming from someone who does have it, it can be seriously disabling to your mental health.

TheRealCallie said:
That's a decent list of positives, so that's good.  Though, you did kind of attempt to make them not as good as they should be.  

But I would like to focus on your negatives, because all of them can be changed.  The biggest thing that occurs in ALL of your negatives are from depression and anxiety.  Doesn't that tell you anything?  Work on the depression and the anxiety, find a way to make them less.  And before you say anything, it IS possible.  You just have to want it more than you want the negativity.  It's easier to stay focused on the bad stuff, trust me, I know, I lived there for years and years.  The fear of the unknown, the fear of "what if I get better and nothing changes" can beat a person down and make them not try as hard as they can to find solutions.  
Now, the biggest issue I see in your negatives is the self sabotage.  It's excellent that you see it, that you know you are doing it.  You need to find a way to do it less.  
I wonder if you would be willing to try something.  Go a day without negative thoughts.  Hell, half a day.  Spin everything to be not negative. Even if it's neutral instead of positive, it would be helpful for you.  
Also look into Body Dysmorphic Disorder, you could have it.  Coming from someone who does have it, it can be seriously disabling to your mental health.
I’m sorry, but you just don’t understand anything. None of these things are fixable. Don’t you understand? These things you are pointing out are over-simplifications, and that’s what nobody seems to get. They think it’s just that simple. Wouldn’t it be awesome if it were just that simple. 99.999999999999% of people cannot wrap their minds around the issues of others because they want everything to fit into a simplistic “problem + remedy = solution” formula. I can assure you, there is no way out of my issues other than death.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure it's you that doesn't understand anything. And I get that too. I didn't understand anything either 7 years ago since I was so caught up in myself thinking no one could understand and there was no way in hell anything on earth could fix me.

But no, I'm sure you are the ONLY person in the world no one can relate to.

TheRealCallie said:
Honestly, I'm pretty sure it's you that doesn't understand anything.   And I get that too.  I didn't understand anything either 7 years ago since I was so caught up in myself thinking no one could understand and there was no way in hell anything on earth could fix me.  

But no, I'm sure you are the ONLY person in the world no one can relate to.

What do you recommend I do, huh? Let’s hear some real policy prescriptions.

I've given you a rather large number of recommendations, as has everyone else. Simple, blunt honest recommendation....get over yourself. Harsh, but true. It's true for most people.
You are so wrapped up in what has been done wrong to you, what you can't do, how ugly you are (which I seriously doubt), how utterly miserable you are and no one could ever understand, that you can't just stop and look at what you are doing to yourself. You can't find anything exciting because you don't want to. Yes, a lot of that does have to do with the depression and anxiety, but you are allowing both of those to control your life. Stop letting excuses, anxiety and depression control your life. Force yourself to find something you might enjoy and don't give up for at least 3 month if you don't enjoy it, and then find something else to try. Stop making excuses and start doing.
And no, it's not easy and I will never say it is. Breaking out of my depression and anxiety and finding myself and being content with my life was the hardest thing I have ever done. But it was worth it.

Oh and by the way, most solutions in life are simple. They are not, however, easy. Therein lies the difference.

ITellYouHhwut said:
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Okay, here’s the thread I’ve not yet tried. Serious and honest self-reflection and criticism. This is going to be tough. My heart, mind, and soul do NOT want to do this, but here goes...[/font]

This seems like a much more positive post. Good on you for trying something different. 🙂

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Negative:[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I’m excessively lazy to the point of going months doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING (most likely due in-part to severe depression).
[/font]

Do you just not feel the motivation to do stuff? Find yourself staying in bed a lot more than you're awake? I can relate, and I agree it's prob depression. If it's a matter of low energy, there could be a medical issue to blame. 

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I’ve got a very quick temper, lack of patience, and anger issues. [/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I’m extremely self-destructive. I often intentionally act against my own interests out of spite, jealousy, and frustration. This one is a big one. I get so ****ing mad at the world that I just start actively self-sabotaging because I want to be spiteful. When other people are so much brighter and better looking than me, I get jealous and depressed. When I see others accomplishing things that are my dreams and everyone is praising them for it, I get jealous and depressed. I then start beating my own self up, telling myself I’m worthless and need to die, and engaging in self-sabotaging behavior. (Often the problem is that even when I feel I’ve done something superbly, no one ever gives me my due. I have to twist their arm to get them to half-heartedly and reluctantly say “good job”. But I notice when others do half as good as me, people praise them like they’re a world-class pro. I’ve experienced this all my life.
[/font]

I can definitely relate to this. I get jealous at the same things. I usually either lash out and look like a ***** (which is what I'm acting like) or I turn it inwards with self hate. It helps me if I can recognize that I'm doing that when I'm doing it, then I try (doesn't work all the time) to stop myself from  lashing out, at least, by reminding myself that the praise they are getting doesn't take away from my accomplishments. Though I find I'm usually more jealous when I don't feel like I'm doing enough in an area. For instance, I went to school for computer science and I still don't have a job in that field, or how i gave up on dating because of my own self esteem issues. I get jealous when people flaunt their relationships and when I hear about career successes, because it reminds me of my own failings. I'm not saying it's the same for you, but it's a natural feeling if it is. 

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I cannot hold attention to one thing for very long. I lose interest quickly, which again might have something to do with severe mental depression, but also might be undiagnosed ADD. [/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I’m extremely maladapted and alienated from modern culture. I just don’t get along well with people my age or younger. I don’t know how to act like they act, or relate to them, or make friends with them. I find myself confused and alienated.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I’m indecisive. Even with things I know I love. I just cannot commit to anything. I have such intense anxiety, lack of drive, and just overall mental blockage to following my passions. There are things I would be doing right now if I didn’t have these issues. [/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I’m physically ugly. I’ve got numerous physical maladies, and am physically heavily flawed. This something else altogether. It’s impossible to convey because you would necessarily have to see me. But it’s definitely the case. Severe pectus excavatum, and severe cases of all the deformities. Terrible jawline and teeth. Ugly face and facial bone structure. As I get older I’m starting to realize I’m beginning to look like my mother’s side of the family facially. They have a certain look to them, and I’m starting to see those features in myself, and I don’t like it. Mainly my grandfather’s features. Not to sound terrible, but I never liked those features and wished I didn’t have them. Literally the opposite of the features everybody wants. I’m starting to look like my ugly uncle.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Positive:[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]It is nearly impossible for me to say anything positive about myself, but here goes...[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I’m 6’1” or 2”, so I guess I’m pretty tall.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I’m thin and lanky, but I think this actually makes me look more goofy (like shaggy from scooby doo). But I guess it’s more positive than it is negative. [/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I’m decently smart about some things. Particularly political, cultural, and societal things. I actively study history and follow current events. I’m inquisitive and curious about the world I live in.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I guess I’m a pretty good guitar player. I’ve been playing since age 13, but always had severe performance anxiety, so I’ve never performed onstage or with a band. But this was always my dream, being a rockstar. But again, I was ugly and goofy-looking and didn’t even come close to having the look for it, and I was also always awkward and unable to perform or get things right. Every time I’ve tried to form a band the other guys always bail after a couple meetups because of my goofy looks and awkwardness.
[/font]

I'm a little jealous now, I have always wanted to learn how to play either the guitar or piano. I learned enough about a clarinet in high school to keep it from squeaking all the time, but I wasn't so great about marching and playing at the same time. I usually had to pick one or the other, so I'd just march and pretend to play. It was a small school though, so I'm pretty sure everyone knew what I was doing. 😁

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]• I guess I’m kind, giving, and big-hearted. This is probably actually a negative if you’re a guy. I’m not a douchbag or *******. At least not the kind women attract to.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]That’s the best I can do for positive. There really isn’t much positive about me, and most of what I just mentioned is kinda bull**** anyway. I just wanted to try to be positive for once. [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I’m sure there’s more stuff I can add to this, but this is the best I can come up with for now.[/font]

I'm not going to comment on everything, I don't want you to feel like I'm arguing with you. But I do feel like this is was a lot more positive, and helpful than some of your past posts. Kudos to you for opening up like this. 🙂

Thank you @kaetic and @TheRealCallie. I still have a hard time accepting who I am and loving myself.

ITellYouHhwut said:
Thank you @kaetic and @TheRealCallie. I still have a hard time accepting who I am and loving myself.

There are a lot of things you don't have to accept because they can be changed, whether you believe that or not.  Change what you can, accept what you can't.  And as far as loving yourself, you are thinking too high.  Start with not hating yourself.

Okay, I’m in a very bad place right now, I’m having a bad night. I had a little spat with my mom and dad tonight. I need to vent.

First let me backup and fill you in on my backstory a bit so it makes more sense...

My mom and dad never served me well in terms of upbringing. They let me down in the most important ways. My dad never spent much time with me, and never served as a true father figure. My parents were never divorced, but dad was still de facto absent, and my mom did all the heavy lifting in my raising. He was a workaholic to the exclusion of everything else. He neglected his family big time. Never wanted to be bothered to be very involved with his family. He thought as long as he was throwing money at us to have more material things/vacations, that that was enough, and wouldn’t have invest much of himself. He never taught me how to be a man, never passed his skills and knowledge down to me (skills which are vast and bountiful might I add), and was just never there in the ways he should’ve been. He’s lucky I’m not the type to get on drugs, because he would’ve just let me become a junkie and kill myself on heroin. He sure as hell would’ve never bothered to intervene, or even give much of a honeysuckle.

My mom was, well... a woman for one thing. What do you get when you have a boy without an engaging or heavily present father figure being raised almost solely by his mother? You get a pathetic, mentally-damaged, maladapted freak of a man like me. No sense of direction, and crippling depression that makes it nearly impossible to function like a normal human being. Both of my parents are just ******* delusional. They literally see nothing wrong with the way they handled my raising. Babying and sheltering me, treating me like a 12 year old well into adulthood. Not even realizing the issues I have because of them. They’ve got an almost 30 y/o son who obviously has serious mental issues living at home in a detached cabin on their property with no job, no money, shoddy employment history, no significant other nor history thereof, and a host of other obvious issues.

For my whole adult life I’ve had to live in absolute embarrassment and shame living with my parents. It has utterly ruined my reputation, and everyone sees me as a pathetic creep. I have attempted to get out of my situation by moving off, getting jobs, and even college, but my numerous issues have made being self-reliant nearly impossible. I’ve been an absolute shell of a man, trapped in this situation with seemingly no way out. This farming endeavor I undertook this year was basically my hail mary throw to try to get out of my situation. If successful, I was potentially looking at $300,000 on the low end, or even potentially close to 1 million on the high end. But so far it has looked as though it would never sell, and I would not see a return on my efforts.

Now to what happened tonight. We were sitting at the dinner table discussing the crops. This week I’ve had some buyers step forward with offers, and it looks like we might actually sell our crop soon. I mentioned that I wanted to discuss selling a small portion now for a lowered price so I could get some income flowing in, and I could actually move out, and start moving on with my life. When I said that, my dad looked at me with this smug grin on his face and said “oh yeah, where would you go?” as if to insinuate that I’ve got no life outside of here, and am just a loser who will never amount to anything. I pretty much unloaded on him. They really seem to think I’m just supposed to be content living with them forever, a pathetic excuse for a man. No money of my own, nothing to show for myself. They’re ******* delusional. How can they not see what they’ve done to me? The only reason I’m still here is because I’ve done immense amounts of work that I have not been paid for. I carried out a large farming project in which I led every aspect, and saw it through to completion. I’ve worked pn this project from October 2018 to January 2020, and so far have made $0.00 off of it. I would have moved out by now and finally gotten my life going if I had been paid for my work. When I said this to them, my mom goes, “I give you money all the time”. I’m literally pulling my hair out. I just don’t ******* get them. They’re the epitome of the “ok boomer” meme. They’re the stereotypical delusional boomers. They live in this ******* la la land.

It just pisses me off they both think like this. They think I just want to stay here with them forever and be a ******* freak and a loser 40 year old virgin for eternity.

I'm sorry to hear about your father. My dad was similar. Gone when he was needed the most. 
Wanting acceptance and understanding from others, especially the ones closest too us is natural but a futile endeavor. I feel and felt this deep hole in my soul when I was younger and I guess I still do to some degree. What to do when I don't fit in. When the me is so vastly different than most and it seems like I'm never going to fit in or be understood. When those who are supposed to get you and work to get you don't. 
I think I started to accept that most will never understand completely and a lot won't understand at all. 
Your parents live in their reality, it takes dedication and effort to emphasize to the point where you feel another humans problem. Sadly some families are just a dysfunctional hole in the ground than the safe haven it was supposed to be. 
Anyways. 
Let them believe and think whatever they want. 
It's you that are important. 🌼

I'm sorry you had a rough night. I hope today goes better for you. I'm resisting the urge to give advice right now... Because you said you just needed to vent. If you want to hear it... You can message me on discord.
No one can drive you crazy like family. They know exactly what buttons to push, ugh.

I'd really like to gatecrash your vent but I'm off somewhere important so can I keep it simple please mate.My father being similar to yours in so many ways I use to blame him for alot of my problems.But now I'm in my early fifties I realise how much I love and am so grateful for the way he installed so many good traits in myself and appreciate how many issues he had to conquer himself all while working hard and providing for his family.

I actually thought about your father in one of your earlier posts because my Dad died ten years earlier .I'd love to add more and think through what I'm adding to your thread but time doesn't allow.I think your a very interesting and articulate fella.Good luck mate.

ITellYouHhwut said:
My mom was, well... a woman for one thing. What do you get when you have a boy without an engaging or heavily present father figure being raised almost solely by his mother? You get a pathetic, mentally-damaged, maladapted freak of a man like me.
Excuse me?  So, what you are saying is that my children are going to be "pathetic, mentally-damaged, maladapted freaks"?   Dude, get a clue because that is straight up bullshit.  Sorry, but it is. 

As for that and the rest of it, no.  Your parents raised you, yes, but they don't control what you are now.  You have a choice and you are the one choosing to be like you are.  You don't like it, CHANGE IT and stop blaming everything else.  Women and your parents are not to blame.  There are plenty of people who grow up in shitty homes and lead full, productive, happy lives.   You want out, get a job and leave...also your choice. 

Also, DOES your mother give you money?  Considering you live there free of charge, maybe try showing a bit of gratitude.  Maybe they treat you like you are 12 because you are acting like an entitled 12 year old.

TheRealCallie said:
Excuse me?  So, what you are saying is that my children are going to be "pathetic, mentally-damaged, maladapted freaks"?   Dude, get a clue because that is straight up bullshit.  Sorry, but it is.

They may or they may not. How should I know? I can only give you my opinions on the issues, which you shouldn’t take offense to.

Look, it is well known that we as humans have adapted to need the nourishment of both parents in our formidable years. This is why the destruction of the traditional, nuclear family in this country, and the rise of things like feminism, single-motherhood, and gay marriage has produced a very dysfunctional, botched, poorly-adjusted generation in the millennials. The hollowing of the American middle class brought on largely by free trade and horrible economic policies has greatly reduced the ability of working-class people to form families in the traditional way, which was optimal for child rearing. The traditional formula was that the man worked and provided for the family, and the woman stayed home with kids. This could happen in the old days because our government was not raping the working class with trade policies designed to allow the super-wealthy to  imbed all the money by outsourcing or importing migrant workers with low per-capita GDPs to save money on labor. In the old days, an American household could have one source of income (the husband’s job), and could provide for a family of five or even more, and you didn’t have to have a prestigious job or a college degree. All jobs paid comparatively handsome wages back then, again because of the structure of our trade policies which had jobs competing for workers, not the other way around (pre-1965). Nowadays, both parents have to work, and as a result, the quality of attention the child receives from its parents is poor. This situation causes immense developmental issues in the children that are scientifically provable. And yes, boys who grow up without fathers or strong male role models end up with numerous issues later in life more often than not. This has been shown in study after study, and it’s just common sense. Women seem to want to reject the most important role they naturally have, which is being a mother, in favor of fighting against men to push them out of their rightful roles. They want “equality”, and the exact same outcomes as men at every level, and as such our society has done everything it can in the past half-century to lower the standards of everything so that outcomes are equal across all metrics.

Motherhood is the most important thing in the world, and if you tamper with any aspect of that traditional family formula we have adapted to require as humans, then you are doing the most egregious disservice to the succeeding generations. Prior to America, the idea of multi-ethnic societies were completely unheard of, and people saw themselves as part of a greater nation with an ethnic identity and a greater good to serve in service to that ethnic identity and culture. As such, men knew that their job was to lead their people, and fight against invasion from other nations/peoples. Throughout millennia, men have consistently laid down their lives and physical wellbeing for their families, and for the futures of their descendants. But look what happens as soon as you “liberate” women, and give them power to influence society. They lay down the health of their families and the futures of their descendants for themselves. Hence, feminism.

I challenge the very fundamental ideas that modern western society is built on. I don’t even come close to believing in equality, nor do I believe in multi-racialism or multiculturalism. Nations with no dominant culture or ethnic identity cannot be sustained. Racial conflict will inevitably ensue in multiethnic societies, and we are seeing that very thing take place before our very eyes right now. The society will crumble just like Rome did, and everywhere you look for the past 60 years, the agenda on every front has been to demoralize the founding stock of this nation, indoctrinate our children against their own people, lower our birthrates and replace us with immigrants who have been told to hate us and see us as horrible “racists”, revise and erase our history, tear down our monuments and denigrate our heroes, and ultimately destroy our nation. It doesn’t help that our men and women fight. I promise you feminists don’t give two shits about women. Their ONLY objective is destroying the heart and soul of our nation, the traditional family. They know full-well what the consequences will be, and they can’t wait to bring them about. We live in a poz’d society that we will probably never regain because of the damage that has been slowly done to it, and the sad thing is that our people lost control of it long ago.

I'm gonna skip over everything you just said and repeat your dad's question without any smug facial expressions: Where would you go? Do you have a plan? All the things you have posted in other threads would suggest you have already calculated your life's course including all its limited possibilities to a premature end. Can you even imagine a future for yourself that's not utterly horrible? Based on this, do you think you could even sell the idea of moving out to your parents?

I'm going to ignore whatever the hell you just said and boil it down to this. It is your life. You made choices to get you where you are today. You can make other choices to change your life for the better or you can keep spouting excuses and blaming others.
You are 30 years old, it's time to start taking some responsibility for your own actions and decisions.

Sadly, I did read it. I'd hardly call it edifying. Sounded more like the rambling inner monologue of a guy who desperately needs someone/something other than himself to blame for his problems.

ITellYouHhwut said:
TheRealCallie said:
I'm going to ignore whatever the hell you just said.

You should read it. It’s a highly edifying critique on modern society.

Depends on your values, I suppose.
I had this long response, but I think I'll keep it simple.

There are studies for everything... Just as you could find studies saying children do better in a two parent home, I could find studies that say same sex couples, and single parents do just as well, if not better in some areas. Also you are blaming the moms for choosing to raise their kid(s) on their own. But you completely ignore the possible circumstances. Sure some women choose to have and raise a kid on their own, and that's fine,(imo as long as the child is in a loving home, he or she should be fine) but there are other situations in which the mother or father or grandparent (etc) ends up as a single parent and not by choice. Death of one or both parents, abandonment, and probably a bunch of other scenarios. 

As for millennials being "botched" Each generation bitches about the next one... Hippies, beatniks, punks they all had older people shaking their fists at them too...Millennials' only major crime is that they ***** back, and effectively because of the tools they have available. (Twitter would be the one I'm thinking of) soon enough they'll be bitching at the next group of young adults (**** punk kids). Are they more entitled than previous generations? I suppose that would depend on who you ask... In my opinion, each generation has individuals who represent the best and the worst in that group.

I'm not going to argue about the racial remarks, except to say that if you are pissed about immigrants coming in and taking over "your country" you better be Native American because that's the only way you really have an argument.

Latest posts

Back