Songs with the word "lonely" in its lyrics

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

August Campbell

My ultimate dream came true.
Reaction score
Post a song that has the specific word "lonely" or "loneliness" in its lyrics.  In addition to posting the title, also include the sentence or line that contains that word.
And you could also add comments as to how that song makes you feel or even how it applies to your personal situation.
At the moment I find the song "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay", and the specific line in it is "Loneliness won't leave me alone."
In order to give the other participants a chance, please post only one song per day.

nibbysaurus said:
is this a game? Should it be in the games section?

No, it's not a game. It's about songs.  So it belongs here.  Besides, it invites comments on how the song affects you.  So it's more appropriate here.

August Campbell said:
nibbysaurus said:

No, it's not a game. It's about songs.  So it belongs here.  Besides, it invites comments on how the song affects you.  So it's more appropriate here.

So you don't feel, oh I don't know....the entertainment section would be more appropriate? :)

TheRealCallie said:
August Campbell said:
nibbysaurus said:

So you don't feel, oh I don't know....the entertainment section would be more appropriate? :)

No, not entertainment section either, because my post concerns the serious matter of loneliness.  Too serious for that other section.

How about you all participate instead of debate which section this belongs in. If you're going to do that then it should be in the debate section, no? :rolleyes:

So Lonely (One and only) - Mariah Carey - "I'm tired of being so lonely, come hold me" - not really about being lonely but not wanting to be lonely and wanting someone to hold but it has lonely in the title and in the song.

(This is a) Song for the Lonely - Cher - "This is a song for the lonely. Can you hear me tonight. For the broken hearted, battle scared, I'll be by your side. This is a song for the lonely when your dreams won't come true. Can you hear this prayer. 'Coz someone's there for you"

Leave me Alone (I'm Lonely) - P!nk - "Leave me alone, I'm lonely. Alone I'm lonely. I'm tired. Leave me alone, I'm lonely
Alone I'm lonely tonight" - more about having too much of someone and wanting to be left alone for awhile

Love is Hell - Theory of a Deadman - "I'd rather be left here alone than be needed" - doesn't have lonely/loneliness in it but the word alone so similar, not about being lonely but rather being alone than putting up with others honeysuckle, been there more than once and kind of how I feel about being with someone now.

😮 you were only supposed to post one Sci-fi... 😉

If we're talking about songs that resonate with us when we feel especially sad and/or lonely and not just specifically songs with certain words or phrases. February Song by Josh Groban, Mad World, Boulevarde of broken dreams by Green Day and a few Aimee Mann or Pink songs...

Only the lonely is the only song I can think of with the word in the title and it just reminds me of riding in the car with my family when I was a kid.

I was going to say Only the Lonely. I love that song.

I'm So Lonely I Could Cry

My favorite lonely song doesn't have lonely in the title. It's Without You by Nilsson

Was going to go with Roy Orbison's Only the lonely, but that was taken twice.

No matter, i had the fall back of Hank Williams' So Lonesome I Could Cry but too late for that one too.

Okay, Three Dog Nights One...Nope that loneliest, not lonely or loneliness.

Lets see ...Doors ... blah blah blah 'Faces look ugly when you're are alone'. Nope, another miss.

Alright Gilbert O'Sullivan nope "I cried and cried all day Alone again, naturally."

Got it, Mr Lonely

Now I'm a soldier, a lonely soldier. Away from home through no wish of my own. That's why I'm lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely

Islands, Lonely Love:

"I heard you cry, cry
To a lonesome lullaby, lullaby
And the only love
Is a lonely love
And now you know why"

And

"Home, where you wanna be alone
With your lonely little love
And my how you have grown
Have you come into your own
Lalala lonely little hands
Of a lonely little man
Lalala lonely little hands
Of a lonely little man"

The Police -- So Lonely

Actually, a pretty good song. Let me see if I can find a link . . . Yep!

starr said:
I was going to say Only the Lonely. I love that song.

I'm So Lonely I Could Cry

My favorite lonely song doesn't have lonely in the title. It's Without You by Nilsson

Only the Lonely -- The Motels?

I too love this song.

I love the Motels!

Link: 

A lot of the best ones have already been mentioned.

Owner of a Lonely Heart - Yes

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

Latest posts

Back