Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To people that use the phrase "welfare bum"
Suckadick.. Just sayin.. I mean, those that are on welfare, and even those that have lived on it for a long time, generally they're at the bottom of society, they know the struggle (although that struggle may not be financial, they've actually felt it in some form), and there's some reason that they don't wish to be an active part of society. But even if they're just one of the lazy fucks that don't want to work, why not open your eyes and look at the larger picture.. Why kick people that are already down? We live in a society that rewards billionaires with multi-million dollar un-taxed bonuses.. Every year they get those, not as a little extra for doing a good job, but as a way to avoid paying taxes (note that their actual pay is a small fraction of the bonus.. This isn't exactly a subtle practice...).

It's tax evasion is what it is.. Bold, in your face legal tax evasion.. And on the kind of money that it would take the average person at the bottom several lifetimes to make, and these fuckers get it in a YEAR, on an un-taxed "bonus".. But so many IDIOTS.. are going off about the people on welfare, while ignoring the issues at the top? But people continue to make excuses for the richfucks. "they're providing jobs.." Yea, while they're also reducing labor and pushing tighter deadlines, reducing product quality, increasing prices, pushing more unwanted ads in our faces  .etc; all to meet their profit margins.. That translates into more stress for the working class, all so the guy at the top that's aready got more money than they'll ever need, can continue to collect more, and never pay taxes on it.. Even on his/her relatively small taxed income, they have plenty of loopholes so he/she don't gotta pay taxes on that. Like when they get to look all heroic by donating to charity, but then get a tax write off for it..

And even with all that information out in the open (that doesn't even include the behind closed door stuff, since that can't be directly proven in most cases); people still worship these people like gods, "leaders of industry" "creators of jobs" "donated XXXXXX amount to charity" .etc.. And they get practically none of the credit for all of the added stress that they put on the working class in their greed-based pursuits.. My aunt stopped talking to me because of an argument that started with me saying that the people in this country are brainwashed, but wtf else do you call this?? They've got us fighting eachother, over issues that they've caused (or had the power to prevent, and done nothing)..
People on welfare do face an unfair stigma. But for the most part, I think people just don't like it when people who don't need it abuse the system... Because then there's a chance that these programs will be reformed to the point where those who really need the help can't get it. Not to mention, some programs are limited by a specific budget, meaning they only have so much help to offer. In which case, if someone who doesn't need it takes advantage they are literally taking that assistance away from someone else.
You always hear about this stuff more though when there's an election coming up. Idk what you're looking at but if it's a meme or an article online, look at the source. There's probably an agenda behind it.
As far as the extremely wealthy taking advantage as well, of course many of them probably do. We've had protests about this, in the US anyway. It didn't accomplish anything. The government here pretty much caters to the wealthy... Always has.
I can understand how that might feed the attitude that "you might as well take what you can get".
There's a saying though, two wrongs don't make a right.
Taking advantage of welfare, doesn't hurt the wealthy... It hurts the people that actually need the help.
(03-04-2020, 10:52 AM)kaetic Wrote: People on welfare do face an unfair stigma. But for the most part, I think people just don't like it when people who don't need it abuse the system... Because then there's a chance that these programs will be reformed to the point where those who really need the help can't get it. Not to mention, some programs are limited by a specific budget, meaning they only have so much help to offer. In which case, if someone who doesn't need it takes advantage they are literally taking that assistance away from someone else.
You always hear about this stuff more though when there's an election coming up. Idk what you're looking at but if it's a meme or an article online, look at the source. There's probably an agenda behind it.
As far as the extremely wealthy taking advantage as well, of course many of them probably do. We've had protests about this, in the US anyway. It didn't accomplish anything. The government here pretty much caters to the wealthy... Always has.
I can understand how that might feed the attitude that "you might as well take what you can get".
Taking advantage of welfare, doesn't hurt the wealthy... It hurts the people that actually need the help.

Yea, but let's face it, if welfare gets cut; it's not because the money isn't there for it, it's because the rich want to keep that money in the pockets of the rich. People taking advantage of it is just something they can over-exaggerate as their reasoning for welfare getting cut. In the same way that the cost of video games and excessive DLC gets blamed on the pirates. You're right about the agenda stuff though, it's too fucking much these days. Most people are too lazy/easily contented to actually consider the darker side of things, but I've found that when it comes to any decision that was made by a major company (M$ being a prime example), that looks generous, kind, or righteous; there's always a hidden agenda. It's like they're putting a dollar in your hand but taking 5 outta your back pocket.. Like, M$ bringing out that new 'adaptive controller'. Everyone is praising them for bringing out a controller for handicapped people. But I'm just standin there like, "What in the actual fuck....". People don't see the fuckin price-tag on the thing... ? It's wired, missing half the buttons, fuckin huge (basically looks like a giant NES controller - btw, when it comes to tech, huge doesn't generally mean more expensive to make, I'd bet 1-5$ max for the entire thing), and costs twice as much as a normal wireless controller.. That's just the base controller, then there's like, 20 ports on the thing for add-on parts, few of which are 20$, most of which are 75$+.. There's one that looks like a mini Staples easy button with a wire, and it's 75$... M$ is ripping off disabled people, and getting praised for it... I don't like to come off as condescending, but this is the kinda shit I'm talking about when I say that it seems like I'm one of the only ones with their eyes open while everyone else is walking around blind and deaf.. And yet most of the awareness there is, ends up going towards STUPID bullshit.. big companies getting praised for ripping off disabled people, rich people getting praised for effectively taking tax dollars out of our pockets to make donations and bolster their own image.. All while people gather behind movements to get transgender people their own washrooms... And even the better more actual 'woke' people like yourself, go by the stance of 'oh well, we tried, it didn't work, time to give up.. 

Like, people knew even in the early 1900's that alcohol was having a negative effect on society, so prohibition became a thing, for a very short time, they tried it once, tried it one way, tried it for a short time, it didn't work. So mentality being, they tried it, it didn't work, so lets use it as an excuse to never try it again.. I mean, yea, it was initiated due to grain shortages at the time, but they had the statistics that proved the aforementioned 'negative effects'. But because it wasn't a politically popular choice to keep it illegal, it was brought back..

How people haven't forced these governments out of power is beyond me.. Especially with now being the information age. These current governments would let half the people in the country burn if it got them a few extra votes.. The country may have started out as "by the people, for the people" but now it's more like "by the government, for the government", alternatively "by the idiots, for the idiots". People go on about how "woke" this country is.. I think that the Gretta, thing; is a prime example of exactly how "woke" we are... She started to talk about the greed at the top, but then derailed it, and killed the entire fuckin argument by making it all about 'climate change' (something that will have no significant effect on us for another 5-10 thousand years..). Me watching that was like "wow.. she's actually bringing forth the real issues on a global scale.. I'm so fuckin stoked.. I can see why this is popular.."  Gretta: "climate change, blah blah.. " Me: /Nuclear facepalm... "FUCK!!!"
(03-04-2020, 06:33 PM)xephier102 Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 10:52 AM)kaetic Wrote: People on welfare do face an unfair stigma. But for the most part, I think people just don't like it when people who don't need it abuse the system... Because then there's a chance that these programs will be reformed to the point where those who really need the help can't get it. Not to mention, some programs are limited by a specific budget, meaning they only have so much help to offer. In which case, if someone who doesn't need it takes advantage they are literally taking that assistance away from someone else.

Yea, but let's face it, if welfare gets cut; it's not because the money isn't there for it, it's because the rich want to keep that money in the pockets of the rich. People taking advantage of it is just something they can over-exaggerate as their reasoning for welfare getting cut. In the same way that the cost of video games and excessive DLC gets blamed on the pirates. You're right about the agenda stuff though, it's too fucking much these days. Most people are too lazy/easily contented to actually consider the darker side of things, but I've found that when it comes to any decision that was made by a major company (M$ being a prime example), that looks generous, kind, or righteous; there's always a hidden agenda. It's like they're putting a dollar in your hand but taking 5 outta your back pocket.. Like, M$ bringing out that new 'adaptive controller'. Everyone is praising them for bringing out a controller for handicapped people. But I'm just standin there like, "What in the actual fuck....". People don't see the fuckin price-tag on the thing... ? It's wired, missing half the buttons, fuckin huge (basically looks like a giant NES controller - btw, when it comes to tech, huge doesn't generally mean more expensive to make, I'd bet 1-5$ max for the entire thing), and costs twice as much as a normal wireless controller.. That's just the base controller, then there's like, 20 ports on the thing for add-on parts, few of which are 20$, most of which are 75$+.. There's one that looks like a mini Staples easy button with a wire, and it's 75$... M$ is ripping off disabled people, and getting praised for it... I don't like to come off as condescending, but this is the kinda shit I'm talking about when I say that it seems like I'm one of the only ones with their eyes open while everyone else is walking around blind and deaf.. And yet most of the awareness there is, ends up going towards STUPID bullshit.. big companies getting praised for ripping off disabled people, rich people getting praised for effectively taking tax dollars out of our pockets to make donations and bolster their own image.. All while people gather behind movements to get transgender people their own washrooms... And even the better more actual 'woke' people like yourself, go by the stance of 'oh well, we tried, it didn't work, time to give up.. 

Like, people knew even in the early 1900's that alcohol was having a negative effect on society, so prohibition became a thing, for a very short time, they tried it once, tried it one way, tried it for a short time, it didn't work. So mentality being, they tried it, it didn't work, so lets use it as an excuse to never try it again.. I mean, yea, it was initiated due to grain shortages at the time, but they had the statistics that proved the aforementioned 'negative effects'. But because it wasn't a politically popular choice to keep it illegal, it was brought back..

How people haven't forced these governments out of power is beyond me.. Especially with now being the information age. These current governments would let half the people in the country burn if it got them a few extra votes.. The country may have started out as "by the people, for the people" but now it's more like "by the government, for the government", alternatively "by the idiots, for the idiots". People go on about how "woke" this country is.. I think that the Gretta, thing; is a prime example of exactly how "woke" we are... She started to talk about the greed at the top, but then derailed it, and killed the entire fuckin argument by making it all about 'climate change' (something that will have no significant effect on us for another 5-10 thousand years..). Me watching that was like "wow.. she's actually bringing forth the real issues on a global scale.. I'm so fuckin stoked.. I can see why this is popular.."  Gretta: "climate change, blah blah.. " Me: /Nuclear facepalm... "FUCK!!!"

Perhaps welfare works differently in Canada? In the US the programs are funded by tax dollars... Meaning everyone who pays taxes is paying for these programs. But I wouldn't expect the taxes to be lowered if they cut anything, the money would just be reallocated somewhere else... Probably to a ridiculously expensive wall...

Oh, and I didn't go protest. It was a fucking waste of time. The people that went got treated like rioters. Then they ended up having people inside their group causing massive damage to property because they were "occupying" so they never went home. They probably hurt the argument more than helped it. 
That being said it doesn't mean everyone gave up, it means they're trying something else. I wouldn't know what that is, because I don't follow politics. That one was just hard to miss.

I've never heard of video game and dlc prices being high because of pirating... They charge what they can, because they can. People pay it, so they keep doing it. Same for Microsofts controllers, and subscription services for software that used to be a one time purchase but are now rental only. And internet providers, cellular carriers (though they are becoming more reasonable since they have to compete with more providers) if you don't want to pay for it, don't. That's really the only way to get the message across to companies like this, don't buy their products.

I'm thrilled prohibition failed. I think it was a stupid idea. Crime went way up because no one stopped drinking, it just became a criminal act. It created opportunities for criminals. You should research again. Look up Al Capone or prohibition era gangsters.

I don't know who Greta is, and I'm not arguing climate change with you. Except to say that 5-10 thousand years is incredibly optimistic. How did you come up with that number range?
(03-04-2020, 09:38 PM)kaetic Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 06:33 PM)xephier102 Wrote:

Perhaps welfare works differently in Canada? In the US the programs are funded by tax dollars... Meaning everyone who pays taxes is paying for these programs. But I wouldn't expect the taxes to be lowered if they cut anything, the money would just be reallocated somewhere else... Probably to a ridiculously expensive wall...

Oh, and I didn't go protest. It was a fucking waste of time. The people that went got treated like rioters. Then they ended up having people inside their group causing massive damage to property because they were "occupying" so they never went home. They probably hurt the argument more than helped it. 
That being said it doesn't mean everyone gave up, it means they're trying something else. I wouldn't know what that is, because I don't follow politics. That one was just hard to miss.

I've never heard of video game and dlc prices being high because of pirating... They charge what they can, because they can. People pay it, so they keep doing it. Same for Microsofts controllers, and subscription services for software that used to be a one time purchase but are now rental only. And internet providers, cellular carriers (though they are becoming more reasonable since they have to compete with more providers) if you don't want to pay for it, don't. That's really the only way to get the message across to companies like this, don't buy their products.

I'm thrilled prohibition failed. I think it was a stupid idea. Crime went way up because no one stopped drinking, it just became a criminal act. It created opportunities for criminals. You should research again. Look up Al Capone or prohibition era gangsters.

I don't know who Greta is, and I'm not arguing climate change with you. Except to say that 5-10 thousand years is incredibly optimistic. How did you come up with that number range?

Well, just google Greta, it's not exactly uncommon information. She was some girl that spoke out in front of the world leaders. But ya, considering you haven't heard of something as common as that, no offense intended, but you might want to look up more info on the whole climate change thing. It's a hell of a lot further down the road than you think. Politicians have been pushing the agenda for decades now because it's an easy way to make money disappear. Kinda like the whole, "children are our future" agenda.. Meanwhile the public school system continues to degrade exponentially so. Guess all the money went to the solid gold toilets for the private schools that their kids attend..

Not buying it, yea.. That works if 100k+ or 1 million + people all do that at the same time, but telling a single person that doing that will make a difference is akin to taking the phrase "only YOU can prevent forest fires" all too literal. The entire mentality that ONE person can make a difference was born of the existence of people like Martin Luther King. One person can make a difference if they protest and gather other people behind them, but ONE person making a difference in this overcrowded world, on their own.. Is just laughable.. 
As for that thing you didn't show up to in which the people were treated like rioters. Well, that's the gov in a nutshell these days. If you gather, you're "unruly rioters" If you gather and do damage, you're "extremists", if you gather and hurt/kill someone, you're "terrorists". They'll say what they have to in order to silence and/or discredit anyone that stands against them. Last I heard, the leader of Antifa in Canada (google it if you don't know) was denoted as being a pedophile. He probably wasn't but it's a pretty quick way to take down an entire uprising. And frankly, even if he was, it's not exactly like he was standing at the head of the crowd chanting "let us fuck kids". I mean, the entire message gets lost in the bullshit either way. But then that's another thing like prohibition. they try once, it doesn't work, they give up.. You can't do that if you're trying to make a difference.. You think MLK went to one failed protest and went "ohshit.. mybad! .. Sorry massa, I'll get back to them dishes!". That's the problem these days, people give up too easy.. They're all filled with the mentality that there's only ONE way that things can work, capitalism rules all, every other system will fail, protest is useless since the only way to protest is to show up to one event for one day then give up when people get tired.. If anyone else took the idea of a better life seriously.. Maybe I would too. But I can't even sway people in a progressive direction on a chat forum that allows people to lie cuz you never see their face. So the concept of change in the current world, in our countries at least, is pointless..

That's another thing, prohibition, look that up. I did before posting just to make sure I had my facts down. It was stated that crime rose during prohibition, but that wasn't proven, and several different types of crime drastically decreased cuz of prohibition. alcohol will never be a good thing for society.. As being someone that's lived with a drunk for several years, and even seen said drunk's bother smoke weed every day but only get gateway'ed into doing crack when he was drunk.. Well, the shit isn't good.. it's overglorified bullshit.. I'd love to see ONE budwieser commercial with some dude smacking the fuck outta his wife, kicking his kids, then driving his car into a busload of nuns.. Just ONE...
This thread is hardly a debate. It's your judgmental opinion (that has some facts wrong) and if anyone disagrees with you they are stupid or whatever other insult you feel you have the right to dish out.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: 28467734_1679297465465479_46906082594714...e=5F13E812]
(03-06-2020, 11:38 AM)xephier102 Wrote: Wrote: Well, just google Greta, it's not exactly uncommon information. She was some girl that spoke out in front of the world leaders. But ya, considering you haven't heard of something as common as that, no offense intended, but you might want to look up more info on the whole climate change thing. It's a hell of a lot further down the road than you think. Politicians have been pushing the agenda for decades now because it's an easy way to make money disappear. Kinda like the whole, "children are our future" agenda.. Meanwhile the public school system continues to degrade exponentially so. Guess all the money went to the solid gold toilets for the private schools that their kids attend..

I only asked where you got 5-10 thousand years. And no offense taken, lol.

Not buying it, yea.. That works if 100k+ or 1 million + people all do that at the same time, but telling a single person that doing that will make a difference is akin to taking the phrase "only YOU can prevent forest fires" all too literal. The entire mentality that ONE person can make a difference was born of the existence of people like Martin Luther King. One person can make a difference if they protest and gather other people behind them, but ONE person making a difference in this overcrowded world, on their own.. Is just laughable.. 

I didn't say you were going to make a difference on your own, by not buying Microsoft's shit. However I did say "if you don't want to pay for it, don't" but that also means that if you do want that crap, you get to decide if your outrage is bigger than your desire for specific products.

As for that thing you didn't show up to in which the people were treated like rioters.

Lol, no offense? Jk idc.

that's the gov in a nutshell these days. If you gather, you're "unruly rioters" If you gather and do damage, you're "extremists", if you gather and hurt/kill someone, you're "terrorists".

I think they generally save the "terrorist" label for people who use bombs, or shoot up public areas. Though, "gathering to hurt/kill someone"... Is the label they put on it that important?

They'll say what they have to in order to silence and/or discredit anyone that stands against them. Last I heard, the leader of Antifa in Canada (google it if you don't know) was denoted as being a pedophile. He probably wasn't but it's a pretty quick way to take down an entire uprising. And frankly, even if he was, it's not exactly like he was standing at the head of the crowd chanting "let us fuck kids". I mean, the entire message gets lost in the bullshit either way. But then that's another thing like prohibition. they try once, it doesn't work, they give up.. You can't do that if you're trying to make a difference.. You think MLK went to one failed protest and went "ohshit.. mybad! .. Sorry massa, I'll get back to them dishes!". That's the problem these days, people give up too easy.. They're all filled with the mentality that there's only ONE way that things can work, capitalism rules all, every other system will fail, protest is useless since the only way to protest is to show up to one event for one day then give up when people get tired.. If anyone else took the idea of a better life seriously.. Maybe I would too. But I can't even sway people in a progressive direction on a chat forum that allows people to lie cuz you never see their face. So the concept of change in the current world, in our countries at least, is pointless..

Are you calling me a liar? Or are you saying that's what you're doing? Also, what have you done to try and inspire change? You're complaining about people giving up after protesting for a day or suffering through years of a terrible idea (prohibition). But what have you actually done, except post online? Seems to me that deciding the world can't change when all you've actually done is complain amounts to giving up before you ever started.

That's another thing, prohibition, look that up. I did before posting just to make sure I had my facts down. It was stated that crime rose during prohibition, but that wasn't proven, and several different types of crime drastically decreased cuz of prohibition. alcohol will never be a good thing for society.. As being someone that's lived with a drunk for several years, and even seen said drunk's bother smoke weed every day but only get gateway'ed into doing crack when he was drunk.. Well, the shit isn't good.. it's overglorified bullshit.. I'd love to see ONE budwieser commercial with some dude smacking the fuck outta his wife, kicking his kids, then driving his car into a busload of nuns.. Just ONE...

I'd appreciate a link to whatever it is you're using to verify your facts on prohibition era crime. 

This is a link to a history blog. It pertains more to the American side of the prohibition. I still find it relevant because the Canadian prohibition only lasted a few years, the US had 13 years to figure out what a mistake it was. There are plenty more sources you can find on Google, but as you haven't posted a one, this is all I'm going to bother with.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/prologue.bl...gster/amp/
(03-06-2020, 08:41 PM)TheRealCallie Wrote: This thread is hardly a debate.  It's your judgmental opinion (that has some facts wrong) and if anyone disagrees with you they are stupid or whatever other insult you feel you have the right to dish out.

No, your side isn't a debate, it's just you (MAYBE) reading the multiple paragraphs that I'm putting in, then giving your little couple sentence replies about how I'm wrong. Not HOW I'm wrong, just that I'm wrong. So if anyone is just being judgmental and offering nothing to the conversation, it's you.
"I'd appreciate a link to whatever it is you're using to verify your facts on prohibition era crime. 

This is a link to a history blog. It pertains more to the American side of the prohibition. I still find it relevant because the Canadian prohibition only lasted a few years, the US had 13 years to figure out what a mistake it was. There are plenty more sources you can find on Google, but as you haven't posted a one, this is all I'm going to bother with.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/prologue.bl...gster/amp/"

Don't really need a link, I checked wikipedia. Since most other things that offer information of any kind (found on google) tend to put the real info behind paywalls.

Regardless of the amount of pro alcoholic propaganda there is, or reliability of the source, I don't see the relevance in any of it. I've seen first hand, first person experience, the kinds of wonderful effects that alcohol has on society.. And how accurate can any of the prohibition era information be in regards to present day (I mean, besides the stuff that doesn't change, like domestic abuse and drunk driving)? those were the days in which literal mobsters still existed. It wasn't hard to start up a big crime ring back then (comparatively speaking).. But until you've seen the amount of child abuse that I have from drunk parents, I don't think you'll really be able to understand.. I'm not just talking about my own either, I've seen a lot of cases of it..
In-fact I'd say it's beyond common really. Nearly any time you hear about a violent crime taking place, or brutal domestic abuse; it can almost be guaranteed that alcohol was a factor.. But the way you're defending it, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're a drinker?
Also, gonna cut you off on your next argument, something along the lines of "alcohol don't hit people, people hit people!". Well, in my more than comfortable extensive experience, alcohol has a habit of giving people a form of temporary bipolar disease. I've known people that have gone from the nicest you'd ever meet, to the world's biggest assholes after half a case or so of beer. The material object 'beer' may not be responsible for the actions taken after consumption, but the actions in many cases, would never have taken place if not for said consumption.

I am a flexible person and am willing to bend on things in which all my facts may not be correct, or completely accurate. But a couple of things. When it comes to anyone trying to speak up the so-called benefits of alcohol or circumcision; I will fight like a starving dog with rabies... These things are just inherently wrong, and the bad FAR outweighs the good.

are you calling me a liar? Or are you saying that's what you're doing?

Actually, neither. I was merely saying that people often won't even lie to act like they'd make a difference, given the chance. I'm not lying, I just lack the platform to gather the following that I'd require to go through with any such thing on a serious level. That and I live in a Tiny town with no form of transportation. That's where a lot of my frustration comes from. That's just the thing, the few people that want to make a difference, don't even have a place to gather, since most of the major forums on the internet were shut down, and most that remain, don't even allow political conversation. And then of course there's the whole thing about all of our information being taken all the time by companies like facebook. Honestly, I don't even think it'd be safe to gather in such a way online.

Most people are pretty easily contented in this society anyways, cognitive dissonance does wonders, and for many, alcohol helps.. Sides, the last person to successfully lead anything in Canada, got called out as a pedophile.. I really hate my life, but a label like that would make it exponentially worse.. All I was sayin, in regards to the so-called rioters. They shoulda stuck around, or kept showin up. Stand their ground and all. Why go through all that just to turn around and go home? If nothing else, if their protest was actually just a peaceful one, then the gov would get demonized for any violence done to the protestors. But I digress. I haven't done anything serious, but at least I'm talking about it, trying to spread awareness. That's more than most will bother to do.
(03-07-2020, 03:02 PM)xephier102 Wrote: "I'd appreciate a link to whatever it is you're using to verify your facts on prohibition era crime. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/prologue.bl...gster/amp/"

Don't really need a link, I checked wikipedia. Since most other things that offer information of any kind (found on google) tend to put the real info behind paywalls.

That's all well and good for you, but if you're trying to prove a point to someone it generally helps to present your "evidence". If you have no desire to do so, I guess this is where I leave it at "agree to disagree". 

Regardless of the amount of pro alcoholic propaganda there is, or reliability of the source, I don't see the relevance in any of it. I've seen first hand, first person experience, the kinds of wonderful effects that alcohol has on society..

Alcohol or alcoholism? There is a difference.

And how can any of the prohibition era information be in regards to present day (I mean, besides the stuff that doesn't change, like domestic abuse and drunk driving)? those were the days in which literal mobsters still existed. It wasn't hard to start up a big crime ring back then (comparatively speaking).. But until you've seen the amount of child abuse that I have from drunk parents, I don't think you'll really be able to understand.. I'm not just talking about my own either, I've seen a lot of cases of it..

My mother abused four kids just fine without the assistance of alcohol. I was discussing history but if you want to turn it around... Again, alcoholism is different.

In-fact I'd say it's beyond common really. Nearly any time you hear about a violent crime taking place, or brutal domestic abuse; it can almost be guaranteed that alcohol was a factor.. But the way you're defending it, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're a drinker?

It's actually incredibly rare for me to have even one drink. My rare being maybe once a year, and I don't get drunk. You shouldn't assume things. I wasn't defending alcoholism, or even drinking really. I was stating that I thought the prohibition was a waste of effort. For someone who doesn't like to be misheard... You sure do pick and choose which parts of my responses you want to hear yourself.

Also, gonna cut you off on your next argument, something along the lines of "alcohol don't hit people, people hit people!". Well, in my more than comfortable extensive experience, alcohol has a habit of giving people a form of temporary bipolar disease. I've known people that have gone from the nicest you'd ever meet, to the world's biggest assholes after half a case or so of beer. The material object 'beer' may not be responsible for the actions taken after consumption, but the actions in many cases, would never have taken place if not for said consumption.

I wasn't going to say that... I was going to repeat that alcoholism is different than drinking in moderation, since this is now apparently an argument about whether  alcohol is good or evil...

I am a flexible person and am willing to bend on things in which all my facts may not be correct, or completely accurate. But a couple of things. When it comes to anyone trying to speak up the so-called benefits of alcohol or circumcision; I will fight like a starving dog with rabies... These things are just inherently wrong, and the bad FAR outweighs the good.

are you calling me a liar? Or are you saying that's what you're doing?

Actually, neither. I was merely saying that people often won't even lie to act like they'd make a difference, given the chance. I'm not lying, I just lack the platform to gather the following that I'd require to go through with any such thing on a serious level. That and I live in a Tiny town with no form of transportation. That's where a lot of my frustration comes from. That's just the thing, the few people that want to make a difference, don't even have a place to gather, since most of the major forums on the internet were shut down, and most that remain, don't even allow political conversation. And then of course there's the whole thing about all of our information being taken all the time by companies like facebook. Honestly, I don't even think it'd be safe to gather in such a way online.

Most people are pretty easily contented in this society anyways, cognitive dissonance does wonders, and for many, alcohol helps.. Sides, the last person to successfully lead anything in Canada, got called out as a pedophile.. I really hate my life, but a label like that would make it exponentially worse.. All I was sayin, in regards to the so-called rioters. They shoulda stuck around, or kept showin up. Stand their ground and all. Why go through all that just to turn around and go home? If nothing else, if their protest was actually just a peaceful one, then the gov would get demonized for any violence done to the protestors. But I digress. I haven't done anything serious, but at least I'm talking about it, trying to spread awareness. That's more than most will bother to do.

Blue is the most recent, I'm trying to make it easier to read. May or may not be working.
Idk about you but this discussion... Doesn't really feel like a discussion anymore. We're not going to change each other's minds. So as I already said, I'm done. We can just agree to disagree. 😁 Best wishes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forcing people to wear masks is so hypocritical. Finished 17 1,585 07-11-2020, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Finished
  Illuminati vs The People (Freemason Capstone Osiris Archangel Michael) Zion Matrix Phaedron 2 4,400 04-17-2020, 11:01 PM
Last Post: xephier102
  Are people nicer to you online than in the real world? TheHydromancer 131 55,205 07-27-2019, 07:12 AM
Last Post: Red Mouse
  Why do poor people get only what's left? African_weasel 47 28,443 06-21-2019, 12:54 AM
Last Post: ahsatan
test So, You Have People Trying to Murder You - Who Do You Call for Help? AlertChristians 4 2,041 05-01-2019, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Sci-Fi
Cool Reasons Why Some People are So Thin and Twiggy Narrow AlertChristians 7 2,183 04-30-2019, 03:13 AM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
  People are Being Attacked by Those with Supernatural Abilities or by Demons AlertChristians 105 11,044 04-30-2019, 02:08 AM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
  Racism: Dark skinned people are frowned upon and not the other way around. Azariah 18 3,433 04-09-2019, 05:09 AM
Last Post: ITellYouHhwut
  Lonely Old People 9006 18 14,437 06-25-2016, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Serephina
  Art Bell - The Shadow People Phaedron 11 8,053 07-15-2015, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Phaedron