Friendship at times begins with something small

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Autumntranspire

Reaction score
I seek others to share ideas and thoughts with, perhaps e-mail pals where we can exchange writings, jokes, recipes, poems, stories, photography, artwork and other creativity and just general interest or day to day life. What do they call that? Friendship? X) 

Maybe after becoming comfortable eventually (no stalking, promise) becoming pen-pals? I've been browsing the loneliness and networking threads for months now and have been incredibly apprehensive to post searching for anything like this but every year that goes by and struggling to meet people to share my interests with and theirs with I - I realize that I should give it a try before I entirely give up that hope. Haha! I imagine I will always be trying to connect, meaningfully. At least until I'm dead, and who knows? Maybe even after death.. haven't decided yet. 

Anywho! If you happen to love art, of any kind but still possess the ability to walk without a stick in your arse.. we may get along. (Promise I'm not pretentious) 
If you love music, love to create it, dissect it, become entirely enthralled and motivated by it, we'll definitely have something to talk about, or at the very least something to listen to.
Love to bake, cook? I have a ton of recipes and always enjoy trying something new and hope you do too! 
Enjoy writing and having intellectual conversations with the ability to have humility and humor included? I'm your gal!
Do you want to be able to be open minded and open with someone without the fear of being judged? I may also be able to do the same. 

I get making friends is incredibly and increasingly difficult these days and it seems like it becomes more difficult each day! Especially if you struggle with social anxiety. If I could make any promise to my future friends, it would be that I vow to never judge you, always listen, and respond honestly - yet gently. I'm not an arsehole but I can give constructive criticism. Do I sound like an ad yet? No? Okay let me try again.

You can call me Autumn! I'm 26 and I live smack dab in the middle of the United States. As you have read, I enjoy music quite a lot, art, food, creating, being silly when I can, and quite honestly people. I desire greatly to connect with others, smile, laugh and grow. 

PS ~  :D

Attachments

• 10390130_670328433036283_6105422597959146401_n (2).jpg
    10390130_670328433036283_6105422597959146401_n (2).jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 19
Hey, Autumn. Call me JJ. I'm not likely your type, but I have a creative streak and admire others that have them too. I do cook. Nothing really creative. In fact I can't seem to cook things the same way twice. I don't know, maybe that is creative. But if you are genuinely hungry for conversation I tend to have a wide range of interests.

Smack dab in the middle sounds like Tornado Alley. I've always want to chase tornadoes. I puzzle over how something so fearful can be so fascinating. I think I've watched Twister about a hundred times. :)

Anyway, you know how to find me.

Do you have a chili recipe? I'm a chili hoe.

JJW said:
Hey, Autumn.  Call me JJ.  I'm not likely your type, but I have a creative streak and admire others that have them too.  I do cook.  Nothing really creative.  In fact I can't seem to cook things the same way twice.  I don't know, maybe that is creative.  But if you are genuinely hungry for conversation I tend to have a wide range of interests.

Smack dab in the middle sounds like Tornado Alley.  I've always want to chase tornadoes.  I puzzle over how something so fearful can be so fascinating.  I think I've watched Twister about a hundred times.  :)

Anyway, you know how to find me.

Do you have a chili recipe?  I'm a chili hoe.

Hey there JJ! Thanks for the response! As for type, I have no such thing as my baseline of interests were just to get a conversation started really. I’m pretty open when it comes to “types” so long as a person isn’t entirely superficial. ;D So your wide range of interests as well as mine seem to go hand in hand! Tornado alley... yes.. but a bit further north, still in a dangerous area for this time of year. Have you ever seen a tornado? Pretty crazy stuff! But interesting nonetheless. 

As for a chili recipe... yes.. yes I do! I’ll follow up on that through a PM perhaps? It seemed appropriate to respond here first.

Have you ever seen a tornado? Pretty crazy stuff! But interesting nonetheless.

Yes!  Sort of.  I was looking the other way.

It was like this.   I was managing a business in southeastern VA.  It was a large complex with a lot of single story buildings.  It sat along side some railroad tracks.  A large office window faced the compound but there were no other windows.  I was milling around with little to do— a very slow day.  The street running perpendicular to the tracks was lined with Loblolly pines (tall and skinny).

I was looking out the window when the trees started swaying.  Then they were leaning.  Then they were bent at a 90° angle.  I was mesmerized.  Imagine a guy that designs wind toys, and how that might effect him.  :)  I stood in this large window staring while the top of those tall trees bounced on the roofs.

No damage to my compound.  Tornadoes in southeast VA are so rare that it took them a week to declare it a tornado.  It apparently traveled the tracks behind my business.  It took down a lot of trees including an ancient oak.  It's true, you have to give a little if you want to survive.

It blew for a few minutes and those loblollies stood back up none the worse for wear.  So I saw one, sort of.

I’m pretty open when it comes to “types” so long as a person isn’t entirely superficial. ;D
I was only setting the field to save you the disappointment...in case you wanted to hit on me.  ;)  But superficial...not in the least.

Do you have a favorite thing?  Or are you like me, just all over everything?

"I'm a student of all sciences." ~ Doc Brown.

JJW said:
Have you ever seen a tornado? Pretty crazy stuff! But interesting nonetheless.

Yes!  Sort of.  I was looking the other way.

It was like this.   I was managing a business in southeastern VA.  It was a large complex with a lot of single story buildings.  It sat along side some railroad tracks.  A large office window faced the compound but there were no other windows.  I was milling around with little to do— a very slow day.  The street running perpendicular to the tracks was lined with Loblolly pines (tall and skinny).

I was looking out the window when the trees started swaying.  Then they were leaning.  Then they were bent at a 90° angle.  I was mesmerized.  Imagine a guy that designs wind toys, and how that might effect him.  :)  I stood in this large window staring while the top of those tall trees bounced on the roofs.

No damage to my compound.  Tornadoes in southeast VA are so rare that it took them a week to declare it a tornado.  It apparently traveled the tracks behind my business.  It took down a lot of trees including an ancient oak.  It's true, you have to give a little if you want to survive.

It blew for a few minutes and those loblollies stood back up none the worse for wear.  So I saw one, sort of.

I’m pretty open when it comes to “types” so long as a person isn’t entirely superficial. ;D
I was only setting the field to save you the disappointment...in case you wanted to hit on me.  ;)  But superficial...not in the least.

Do you have a favorite thing?  Or are you like me, just all over everything?

"I'm a student of all sciences." ~ Doc Brown.
Holy crow batman! Sort of saw a tornado and that was still more an epic story than what I could tell. I've seen some honeysuckle man, but that.. that was a work of art! Also, thanks :p But good to hear that you're not superficial because that would be a real buzz kill... I already gave you my chili recipe and I may have to kill ya with those secrets. 

I am a bit all over the place.. I have things I would say I am partial to.. but favorite? Ehh... That's a toughie.

I already gave you my chili recipe and I may have to kill ya with those secrets.

Chili recipe:  I pledge to carry your secrets to my grave.  Or my crematorium.  Or my burial at sea.  I'm totally undecided. I've even considered a body farm (That's were they just drop you on the ground and let you go back to nature naturally.  I'm all for natural.)

I am a bit all over the place.. I have things I would say I am partial to.. but favorite? Ehh... That's a toughie.

Same here.  I write.  The thing about writing is you can spend time anywhere.  It's all in your mind, but isn't reality also when it comes down to it?

I've got a writing project with a market toward young girls.  You might compare it to Twilight, but please don't.  Do you know a girl that might be interested in helping to develop a story line about [redacted] and vodoo in 19th century New Orleans?  I'm not sure how to think like a girl.

Honestly I'm having some media concerns.  Regarding teenage girls, would it be better to provide it in a series of novellas, or, as I've been advised, go to a graphic novel format?

I'm not much of a city boy.  I love me a country road.  I used to drive to get lost.  Then find my way home without a map.  But that's not that much fun unless you are with someone.  My favorite driving was in a freshly fallen snow in the wee morning before there where any other tire tracks.

I like the night.  Sunrise is a disappointment.  Not that I can't appreciate a sunrise, but it ushers in a different mood.

I am were I belong when I'm in a workshop.  Currently I'm working on some energy projects.  I'm down to the wire in a project I've been cultivating for five years.  I should have validation by mid summer.

I think my greatest hurdle is I have far too much to do.

So, What'cha up to?

JJW said:
I already gave you my chili recipe and I may have to kill ya with those secrets.

Chili recipe:  I pledge to carry your secrets to my grave.  Or my crematorium.  Or my burial at sea.  I'm totally undecided. I've even considered a body farm (That's were they just drop you on the ground and let you go back to nature naturally.  I'm all for natural.)

Same here.  I write.  The thing about writing is you can spend time anywhere.  It's all in your mind, but isn't reality also when it comes down to it?

I've got a writing project with a market toward young girls.  You might compare it to Twilight, but please don't.  Do you know a girl that might be interested in helping to develop a story line about [redacted] and vodoo in 19th century New Orleans?  I'm not sure how to think like a girl.

Honestly I'm having some media concerns.  Regarding teenage girls, would it be better to provide it in a series of novellas, or, as I've been advised, go to a graphic novel format?

I'm not much of a city boy.  I love me a country road.  I used to drive to get lost.  Then find my way home without a map.  But that's not that much fun unless you are with someone.  My favorite driving was in a freshly fallen snow in the wee morning before there where any other tire tracks.

I like the night.  Sunrise is a disappointment.  Not that I can't appreciate a sunrise, but it ushers in a different mood.

I am were I belong when I'm in a workshop.  Currently I'm working on some energy projects.  I'm down to the wire in a project I've been cultivating for five years.  I should have validation by mid summer.

I think my greatest hurdle is I have far too much to do.

So, What'cha up to?

Oooo, burial at sea? That sounds pretty cool.. may have to jot that one down in my will. Or maybe someone can just drag my corpse to the desert and have a bon fire with smores and hot dogs, that sounds like a hell of a time.  :D 
as for writing.. I have to say I agree greatly with that statement. Sort of reminds me of some George Harrison quotes from some of the Beatles songs. "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find peace of mind is waiting there." Maybe not precisely the point you're trying to make but just made me think about that lovely song. 

I'm a girl, but I don't know if I think like one. However am willing to offer input. I don't know much about voodoo but am quite spiritual. So maybe I can offer some help at some point if ever interested. I think graphic novels have been pretty popular but I'd personally say novella style. I always enjoyed that kind of stuff. 

I am more of a walker but enjoy a good drive with the right company or tunes. I always remember being a kid and walking through the fresh snow under a completely full moon. It was the most surreal and wonderful moment of my lifetime.

Energy project eh? May I inquire more about this? I've been working in the garage making canes, battle staves and walking sticks. I acquired a large number of raw quartz and have been thinking about how to incorporate them into my projects. My battle staff is actually an old christmas tree trunk flipped upside down, so the base is being hollowed out to fit an orb of some kind. It's truly been a work in progress sanding and shaping but a lot of fun. 

I think the last part of what you said is the most I have ever been able to relate to another person. Haha.. Often meeting new people I gave a list of my active hobbies and interests and people typically were overwhelmed and underwhelmed by their own list. Too much to do, but always keeps me busy. My issue has always been that I get tired of doing things on my own all of the time. I would prefer to share interests with others. 

Now that this is a god **** novel, i'm not up to much.. rather bored today and contemplating maybe baking or cooking something. I'm currently having a drink and also contemplating finishing a very old painting of mine. Talking about hobbies has inspired me to be more artistic.

S'mores and cremation... Do you think it will catch on?

So, how many projects do you have backlogged? I must be pushing having a hundred on the back burner. I'll die before I get to them all. I only have about 90 years left.

Funny you should mention walking sticks. I've wanted to make wizard staffs. I coveted Gandolf's. Crystals, absolutely crystals. Feel free to send me some photos of your finished pieces. PM me if you have a quandary to puzzle. I can do most things with wood. I can even help you put some glow under that quartz.

Honestly, I have never read a graphic novel. I respect the art and the artists, but I'm a wordsmith. I was told I should write it as a script and let a graphic artists do the rest. I can't imagine feeling like it was mine after that. I used to sketch a lot...like, all day every day, but I've made no secret of my handicap. My brain forgot how to talk plainly to my muscles. My fine motor control is shot. So for me to do my own drawings I'd have to retrain. I designed a process to help. Put a projector on my computer and point it at my drawing table. Tracing what I see should eventually give me back some of my control. I expect I'd end up tracing my tracings to work toward an end product. I intend to do that because I enjoyed drawing so much, but I think for the serial I'll write the novellas. And, sure, I imagine you are girl enough to help out. ;)

I've wanted to try painting. I mean, it's like drawing with colors, right? My talent with a pencil was shading. I'm not sure how that would transition to tints. Sadly, I might be a shades of gray mentality.

I can't argue George Harrison's lyrics. Writing is my happy place. I wrote my own PHP writing tool (online) just to eliminate anything that would distract me from my virtual worlds.

I work alone, too. It would be nice to have some help. Or just conversation. I find myself talking aloud just to break the silence.

Energy project: Sure, I don't mind sharing, but not in public. I expect to have a patent filed by end of summer. No worries after that. Let me finish the prototype and then I can give you specifics. If you want I can PM an occasional progress report.

I think it may already be a thing! Projects? Um.. let me count.. at least 9 or 10 right now. Lot's of little crafty things I have been trying to complete a bit at a time. 
Oh really? I appreciate your offer! Truly! I will have to get back into that project because I had actually wanted to make the glass orb I have picked shine light from the bottom. It truly adds a wonderful effect to the glass. I am just not quite sure how to make that work without making it look tacky as hell. 

Have someone else illustrate for you? That would take away the magic for sure but there most certainly is nothing wrong with it either. I've never read a graphic novel either I just know people who have gotten their panties in a bunch over them. As for your fine motor skills, I actually struggle with that specifically. I can only do short bursts of things and have a hell of a time hanging onto anything. I cannot compare because I don't know what you have been through but I can relate at least in a small way. Genius idea to help though, it may take a little extra time. But I imagine the end product to be just as fulfilling if not more. I feel as though painting would be more up your alley, as you could essentially just blend all your colors together very easily and most likely beautifully! Even gray shades are beautiful. 

I talk to myself too. Sometimes I have an audience of random stuffed animals and beanie babies, but they don't offer much input. As for your project! I am patient, but eventually would love to hear about that. Promise to not steal any ideas and express your right to sue. :p 
I think it may be a bit beyond my knowledge skill set anyway. ;D

Making your stick glow is easy enough. We can order some enchanted crystals. I mean...internet, you can get anything online. Or we could use LEDs. That part is simple. It's the switch that I've not concluded yet. I was thinking a tap on the floor to turn the stone on and a duration timer to turn it off. Wow, I was having trouble thinking of how to make that circuit when I just remembered there was a bicycle product that worked just that way. It was a tire valve cap that flashed colors when you rode. It could sit in a hollow under the stone and if you wiggled the stick in any way the lights would flash. I'll look if they are still around. If not it might take some kind'a switch. I'll look in to it...but sure, it shouldn't be hard...or tacky.

I was in San Francisco years ago and was taken with the architecture. I took dozens of pictures looking up at the roof lines with the blue sky behind. I'd like to try to paint some of them. There are a few others I'd like to paint...like chameleon babies clinging to branches of a tree. I'm not sure why that one is sticking with me.

Something else I've wanted to do. Before my brain started to melt I was etching glass. Not to be punny but it was a blast. Using a sand blaster instead of acid etch left the work to prism in the sunlight. Different sand grain size gave the appearance of different shades of gray. I was learning how to etch-sketch. I was selling a few pieces and hoping to go full commercial when my talent gave out. But during my rise to collapse I became really interested in glass, especially colored glass. I was working on a kiln design to melt it when my life took a downward turn. But that's something I'd like to resurrect. I saw a glass dragon once that I don't think I could ever accomplish something as intricate, but it blew my mind that it was priced over $10,000. But yeah...glass is cool. :)

Speaking of glass. Have you ever seen a sliding patio door shatter? While that is quite a fun act of violence, I've wanted to take three pieces of the tempered glass and sandwich them together, then shatter the middle one. It should sustain its integrity while appearing to be shattered. I'm not sure what I'd do with it. I just think it would look cool.

And I am completely astounded that you're plushies aren't talking to you. If you want I can talk to them and maybe convince them to speak up. :)

I think maybe they are shy. The purple hippo especially. This staff of mine is going to have some weight. The wood itself is probably around 8lbs and the glass orb I chose is about another 8. I could probably shave at least 1lb off with sanding and shaving. 

Are you fond of architecture? I feel like that would be an interesting project to delve into. I have an image in my head of gray buildings with a beautiful colorful sky behind them. Maybe the whole chameleon babies thought could invoke some more color? They tend to be very colorful beautiful creatures. 

Glass work eh? I've always wanted to do stained glass. I used to have a dragon etched inside a glass square.. it was pretty neat and I had always wondered how it was done. I have seen that visual you are referring, seems to be a pretty cool idea with the shatter look. You could very easily just keep that look for your back doors. I did some faux "stained glass" with tissue paper and glue on my windows for a neat and colorful effect. It is fun to do different designs and trees and what not.

I enjoy old buildings. They don't make them like that anymore.

I enjoy most anything that is old. It's a way to visit the past.

I see the chameleon painting in my mind, but I have never taken a brush to canvas. But I'm the type that never gives up or never quits and nothing is out of my realm of possibilities. Well, real estate on the moon might be a stretch, but you know what I mean.

16 pound wizard staff...hmmmm...it might need an anti-gravity spell.

I don't want to sit down and make stained glass panels. But I have windows that I'd like to have stained glass in. So, while I wouldn't just make stained glass for stained glass sake, I would enjoy creating the windows I have in mind.

If it's too difficult to get into real stained glass and you just want the effect, try using colored acetates. They'd be difficult to discern except when you were really close. I might use clay or thin sticky foam for the lead bead.

Latest posts

Back