Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May never happen for me
I'm 32, female, never been in love or been loved. I had one relationship which lasted a year. I used to have unfounded hope that things would change but I'm finally accepting that most likely, they won't. I don't know what is so special about me that this universal, almost inevitable human experience has passed me by.

I can't have everything. My life has no joy but it is easy at least. It is not too hard to just keep existing.
The only way it won't happen is if you give up. Don't give up. I think this virus going around is going to change things, make people see what's really important. Don't give up on it all now, it's never too late.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: 28467734_1679297465465479_46906082594714...e=5F13E812]
At least you've had one relationship, I'm nearing 30 and not even "not-pretty" girls notice me.
(03-20-2020, 10:38 AM)AnonymousMe Wrote: At least you've had one relationship, I'm nearing 30 and not even "not-pretty" girls notice me.

My first and only relationship started after I had turned 30.
(03-20-2020, 08:04 AM)Futurecatlady2 Wrote: I'm 32, female, never been in love or been loved. I had one relationship which lasted a year. I used to have unfounded hope that things would change but I'm finally accepting that most likely, they won't. I don't know what is so special about me that this universal, almost inevitable human experience has passed me by.

I can't have everything. My life has no joy but it is easy at least. It is not too hard to just keep existing.

U may meet someone later in ur life u never know.
I know it's difficult. I didn't meet anyone until my thirties then he killed himself then i met someone else.
I have very little joy in my life so i understand.
[Image: tenor.gif]
As realcallie said, don't give up. Love is a strange thing, it can jump on you when you least expect it, the risk is discounting the possibility and missing out.

I wish you lots of luck in your search, what kind of methods have you used to try and meet people? Perhaps not the best time in world affairs to be meeting new people (!!!!) but there are people doing virtual dates, which looks like fun. Big Grin
(03-20-2020, 10:38 AM)AnonymousMe Wrote: At least you've had one relationship, I'm nearing 30 and not even "not-pretty" girls notice me.

Well damn... 'Scuse us for not paying attention.
(03-20-2020, 08:04 AM)Futurecatlady2 Wrote: I'm 32, female, never been in love or been loved. I had one relationship which lasted a year. I used to have unfounded hope that things would change but I'm finally accepting that most likely, they won't. I don't know what is so special about me that this universal, almost inevitable human experience has passed me by.

“I can’t have everything”. Hmmm, understand. Have been told that many, many times. And it is difficult to keep that thought out. Being 44 I no longer believe in that whole it will happen when you least expect it/aren’t looking claptrap. Maybe that happens to most people, but then, most people are seen. Looked at. I’m aware that nobody really looks at me in any romantic or even friendly way. Most people have at least some experience ....

Find it interesting that you say that you’ve never been in love, but were in a relationship for a year. Huh. I’ve been in love .. more than once .. but never find anyone who wants to be in a relationship. I guess I find that my love is not something anyone wants.
(03-24-2020, 12:47 PM)VanillaCreme Wrote:

😹😹😹
[Image: tenor.gif]
(03-24-2020, 12:47 PM)VanillaCreme Wrote:

I meant to say that I'm the uglier one
 "Non-pretty" girls are still pretty to me, that's why I stated them in quotes; beauty is subjective, after all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does getting into a relationship seem to happen automatically for some people? Pete528 22 8,196 03-25-2014, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Melsaldi
  Romance with personality disorders...can it happen? roguewave 28 6,974 12-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Last Post: JesusGirl1
  can it happen? man of one 3 2,221 10-07-2011, 04:57 AM
Last Post: dorky76
  What do you do when you know its not gonna happen Lagato 12 4,796 08-21-2010, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Mr. Blue
  I'm trying to take the next step but I'm afraid of what may happen Remedy 16 7,892 02-17-2010, 02:18 AM
Last Post: matthewferry
  So fast things can happen Hussen 1 2,619 03-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Last Post: lonelygirl