Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F*ck Canada...
So, at the last minute, they've decided to update the requirements for the COVID-19 benefits to weed out the people lowest on the scale..
eligibility requirement update:
"Who had income of at least $5,000 in 2019 or in the 12 months prior to the date of their application"

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefi...ation.html

So since my job was only 5 hrs a week and it was only there so that I could afford things that welfare does not provide enough for, like hydro, internet and food.. (don't even ask about my clothing situation..); I do not apply for the benefits that I would need to do more than sit around in a cold dark apartment and 'live' off 100$ for non-heated/cooled food each month...

The sad thing is, there's probably more self employed millionaires getting access to this benefit than the people on the lowest end of the scale that actually need it..

PS: knew there was something off when the overall benefit package went from 80 billion to 26 billion...

PPS: only on welfare while awaiting my disability application, which typically takes 5 months to process, but could be up to 12-14 months if they require additional information, although with the strain on government resources due to corona, I imagine those times could easily double...
Yeah well, Canadian money looks awesome! Maybe some day you'll get some.  Big Grin

[Image: Canadian_bills2.jpg]
[Image: Jameslooksupagain.png]Is there something you wanted?
Sorry to hear that. Are you going to be alright?
I'm an Optimistic Pessimist. I'm absolutely POSITIVE that it's all going to go horribly wrong...

Marge: I'm not afraid
Grampa: Then you're not paying close enough attention
(from episode entitled 'Strong Arms of the Ma')
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=11996046]
[Image: nISTfV3.jpg]
[Image: BzZ89-QCMAAk-XJ?format=jpg&name=small]

This is the Norwegian money Big Grin
[Image: tenor.gif]
(04-09-2020, 02:56 AM)MissBehave Wrote: [Image: BzZ89-QCMAAk-XJ?format=jpg&name=small]

Wow - Norwegian money is nice!
(04-06-2020, 04:42 AM)xephier102 Wrote: So, at the last minute, they've decided to update the requirements for the COVID-19 benefits to weed out the people lowest on the scale..
"Who had income of at least $5,000 in 2019 or in the 12 months prior to the date of their application"

So since my job was only 5 hrs a week and it was only there so that I could afford things that welfare does not provide enough for, like hydro, internet and food.. (don't even ask about my clothing situation..); I do not apply for the benefits that I would need to do more than sit around in a cold dark apartment and 'live' off 100$ for non-heated/cooled food each month...

The sad thing is, there's probably more self employed millionaires getting access to this benefit than the people on the lowest end of the scale that actually need it..

PS: knew there was something off when the overall benefit package went from 80 billion to 26 billion...

PPS: only on welfare while awaiting my disability application, which typically takes 5 months to process, but could be up to 12-14 months if they require additional information, although with the strain on government resources due to corona, I imagine those times could easily double...

Canada does suck.😿Hope u will be ok.🤗

(04-09-2020, 02:56 AM)MissBehave Wrote: [Image: BzZ89-QCMAAk-XJ?format=jpg&name=small]

Norwegian money looks better than Canadian.😊
[Image: tenor.gif]
(04-10-2020, 03:19 AM)ahsatan Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 04:42 AM)xephier102 Wrote: So, at the last minute, they've decided to update the requirements for the COVID-19 benefits to weed out the people lowest on the scale..

Canada does suck.😿Hope u will be ok.🤗

Norwegian money looks better than Canadian.😊
Ironically for how much money there is in America, it looks like you could counterfeit it with a photocopier..
Looks can be deceiving....
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: 28467734_1679297465465479_46906082594714...e=5F13E812]
(04-10-2020, 04:48 AM)xephier102 Wrote: Ironically for how much money there is in America, it looks like you could counterfeit it with a photocopier..

You can. It'll fool a lot of people too. We've had lots of problems with counterfeiting. But, there are security features that are quite difficult to duplicate. However, most people don't know what they are. They only know the basics. I watch a lot of stores use a special marker on the bills to make sure they are "real." If it leaves the correct color they gladly accept them. But all the pens do is verify it's the correct paper.
[Image: Jameslooksupagain.png]Is there something you wanted?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canada Allows Assisted Suicide JHK 4 2,693 02-11-2015, 05:57 AM
Last Post: Solivagant