Being single is terrible

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solonely20

Reaction score
Anyone else who is single share this feeling? It makes it much worse when you have no friends

I sympathize with anyone who has been single their whole life and alone.

I understand you, as I have always found being single to be very lonely and painful.  Ironically for the first time in my life I was just starting to make my peace earlier this year with probably always being single, then the coronavirus lockdown began and the bone crushing loneliness has returned full force.

solonely20 said:
Anyone else who is single share this feeling? It makes it much worse when you have no friends

I sympathize with anyone who has been single their whole life and alone.

Yep. Agree.

Have no relationship. No friends. And it feels like no chance of either of them. Hobbies and interests, and trying to do things to improve yourself, feel like they only go so far really. 

I find the silence difficult. TV, radio, music, don’t really fill that gap, when you want discussion, and conversation, and above all, a feeling of connection.

I'm not sure what you consider friendship to look like.
I have 80 some people on facebook who claim to be my friends but, none of them come over or call or invite me out really. Actually they don't even chat with me online. Other than my parents, that's it.
I have no romantic interests nor do I want any. After a few years I got used to being alone and have found ways to amuse myself. Much like a cat does. LOL! I've been alone for 15-20 yrs. I've come to terms with the fact that people are just not interested in being my friend. I'm introverted anyway so I struggle with relationships of any kind. Have my whole life. Been this way so long it doesn't really bother me anymore. I actually prefer it this way.
Hope things get better for you.

MarciKS said:
I'm not sure what you consider friendship to look like.
I have 80 some people on facebook who claim to be my friends but, none of them come over or call or invite me out really. Actually they don't even chat with me online. Other than my parents, that's it.
I have no romantic interests nor do I want any. After a few years I got used to being alone and have found ways to amuse myself. Much like a cat does. LOL! I've been alone for 15-20 yrs. I've come to terms with the fact that people are just not interested in being my friend. I'm introverted anyway so I struggle with relationships of any kind. Have my whole life. Been this way so long it doesn't really bother me anymore. I actually prefer it this way.
Hope things get better for you.

Same thing with FB. Never hear or chat to anyone on my ‘friends’ list. Even if I send them a message, never hear back from them. 

Lucky you that you have gotten used to it and prefer it. Not everyone does. I’m introverted as well, and have always struggled with any kind of relationships, but tbh, every day that goes past just makes me want friendship and a relationship even more. It is not a wound that alone.

Cucuboth said:
Same thing with FB. Never hear or chat to anyone on my ‘friends’ list. Even if I send them a message, never hear back from them. 
You mean FakeBook. I never thought that would catch on because it's a bunch of fake friends chasing after a high fake friend count. Turns out I was completely wrong. Society has become completely fake. So a fake friend site touting all the fake stuff they say they did or are doing is a smashing success! 

The worst part is that FakeBook is collecting real information on everybody. But people don't care. They just keep feeding the beast. Is that something you even want to be a part of?

Finished said:
Cucuboth said:
You mean FakeBook. I never thought that would catch on because it's a bunch of fake friends chasing after a high fake friend count. Turns out I was completely wrong. Society has become completely fake. So a fake friend site touting all the fake stuff they say they did or are doing is a smashing success! 

The worst part is that FakeBook is collecting real information on everybody. But people don't care. They just keep feeding the beast. Is that something you even want to be a part of?

Yep, know FB is all about people wanting to feel important and popular, and that it is just collecting data to sell. Same with Google. Same with most things on the internet really. Everything is there to make someone money. 

Only recently have been trying to engage on it more, but yeah, just a popularity contest really.

Latest posts

Back