Hi.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chill.

Reaction score
piano, reading, nature, anime aestethic (i don't watch it often tho) // well im not really alone, i have some friends, but they all dont feel like "true" friends. i have a unrealistic view on friends, but i can't change it. i'm not awkward, or atleast i think so. i'm even some what popular, but i'd rather have one really good friend than the attention of all those empty people (well i admit that this is kind of unfair, as there is no such thing as empty people and every one has their value, but i dont have a connection to them). also im pretty religious (christian) so if you are against that, its ok, but i wont have compromises about that, because i believe thats the only thing in this World that mattes and that other than that live is kind of meaningless, but still beautiful sometimes.
im looking for people my age, that i could write Letters to, dont really know about what tho, i also like to travel, so maybe if we become friends, we can visit eachother.

i know its nice to drown in sadness , but i'm trying to get back on track. 

also offtopic: is there a way, to sort users by their age? i don't want to discriminate the older members, but i know that i would feel uncomfortable chatting with them.

Welcome to the forums.

No, you can't sort users by age so you may need to use some other criteria to decide that a user makes you uncomfortable.

Minus said:
Welcome to the forums.

No, you can't sort users by age so you may need to use some other criteria to decide that a user makes you uncomfortable.

Thank you for the answer.

I fell like I offended some people by saying that. I don't mean it like that and it's probably wrong to generalize people by using their age. But I just feel I wont have any common interests with them and we will have a different type of humor.

I'm sorry, if it sounded offending, so if youre older than me feel free to text me. And if we dont have common interests we can stop talking I guess. So there is only something to win, right?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You mention the piano. What kind of pieces do you play?
What kind of books do you read?

Just curious.

I\ said:

Just curious.

Hi and thank. 

Right now im playing rachmaninoff prelude in g minor (op 23 no 5) Liszt Liebestraum and tchaikovkys flower waltz (not Sure if thats the right english name) together with a friend (4 Hands on one Piano). 

The last 3 books i read where "the brother karamasov" by Dostojewski, "notes from below" also by Dostojewski and "Schlafes Bruder" by Robert Schneider (i Dont know the english Name, sorry). Im currently reading "The Idiot" by Dostojewski, because I liked the other two books really mich. 

Do you play the piano too? And what books do you read? :)

chill. said:
I\ said:

Just curious.

Hi and thank. 

Right now im playing rachmaninoff prelude in g minor (op 23 no 5) Liszt Liebestraum and tchaikovkys flower waltz (not Sure if thats the right english name) together with a friend (4 Hands on one Piano). 

The last 3 books i read where "the brother karamasov" by Dostojewski, "notes from below" also by Dostojewski and "Schlafes Bruder" by Robert Schneider (i Dont know the english Name, sorry). Im currently reading "The Idiot" by Dostojewski, because I liked the other two books really mich. 

Not the piano but the violin (until I broke it recently unfortunately). My mother used to play piano though. She loved Beethoven's moonlight sonata. Things like that. I'm not sure she even attempted Rachmaninoff but then she was self-taught.

I was playing Meditation from Thais by Massenet and Bach Violin Concerto in A Minor (BWV 1041) as my main pieces. I was getting back into it after a long gap and went back to pieces I'd learned previously.

Shlafes bruder - sounds like it might be - sleeps brother - so, presumably Death? If going by the Greek Myths? Just a thought. Sounds intriguing, if probably a bit deep for me. I don't have the brain power (or concentration) for that kind of thing. Same goes for your other books too. I'm more into sci-fi/fantasy. The world is dark enough as far as I'm concerned.

I'm currently attempting to read Taltos by Anne Rice (simply because I'm trying to read all the physical books I have so I can get rid of them to a charity shop). I'm finding it really hard going. I think I'll have to switch authors when I've finished this one. Before that I read The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski - basically because I'd seen the Witcher Tv series and wanted to read the book behind it.

Hope you're liking it here on the forum :)

I\ said:
chill. said:
I\ said:

Just curious.

Hi and thank. 

Not the piano but the violin (until I broke it recently unfortunately). My mother used to play piano though. She loved Beethoven's moonlight sonata. Things like that. I'm not sure she even attempted Rachmaninoff but then she was self-taught.

I was playing Meditation from Thais by Massenet and Bach Violin Concerto in A Minor (BWV 1041) as my main pieces. I was getting back into it after a long gap and went back to pieces I'd learned previously.

Shlafes bruder - sounds like it might be - sleeps brother - so, presumably Death? If going by the Greek Myths? Just a thought. Sounds intriguing, if probably a bit deep for me. I don't have the brain power (or concentration) for that kind of thing. Same goes for your other books too. I'm more into sci-fi/fantasy. The world is dark enough as far as I'm concerned.

I'm currently attempting to read Taltos by Anne Rice (simply because I'm trying to read all the physical books I have so I can get rid of them to a charity shop). I'm finding it really hard going. I think I'll have to switch authors when I've finished this one. Before that I read The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski - basically because I'd seen the Witcher Tv series and wanted to read the book behind it.

Hope you're liking it here on the forum :)

Haha i like that sentence: "The world is dark enough as far as I'm concerned." I think youre right, but I somehow like these kind of things. 

I actually started playing Violin a few months ago. Its a really beautiful but difficult Instrument. I also like the moonlight sonata and have much respect for people that learn Things like Instruments or languages by themselves.

I used to read fantasy books myself. But i dont really remember the namens. I like your attitude. I also read books until the end, even if I dont like them. 

Yes, the forums are nice, and Im chatting with some people.

chill. said:
I'm sorry, if it sounded offending, so if youre older than me feel free to text me. And if we dont have common interests we can stop talking I guess. So there is only something to win, right?

Ah, you are fine. It just got me to thinkin' about reading a thread once, where two people were talking. It surprised me to find out that one of them was sixteen and the other was sixty. There is no way that i could have determined that from the conversation.

Sure, it wouldn't always work that way, but maybe there is no need to eliminate the possibility.

chill. said:
Haha i like that sentence: "The world is dark enough as far as I'm concerned." I think youre right, but I somehow like these kind of things. 

I actually started playing Violin a few months ago. Its a really beautiful but difficult Instrument. I also like the moonlight sonata and have much respect for people that learn Things like Instruments or languages by themselves.

I used to read fantasy books myself. But i dont really remember the namens. I like your attitude. I also read books until the end, even if I dont like them. 

Yes, the forums are nice, and Im chatting with some people.

If you're learning the violin, then I recommend you get yourself a copy of Kreutzer's Etudes. Yes, they're annoyingly difficult (practically impossible for a lot of them) but they DO help if you can stick with them.

Glad you're finding the forum useful.

Latest posts

Back