More distancing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrowrd

Reaction score
Didn't know it was supposed to snow though

Attachments

• hires.jpg
    hires.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 15
There is a long history with this forest, and I.  When I  moved to NY State from New Hampshire 30 years ago, I was 26 - and I took this state job, I was so excited to be hired as a supervisor and they were excited that I was coming. I was supposed to be new blood, cutting edge.  My personality got in the way, and while I was good at the job, the stress and pressure I experienced because I was unable to blend with the staff, bad at dealing with my own supervisors, and I myself had never supervised anyone so I was bad at that too.  I entered into a personal contract (with myself) to change. I called it "personal reform" - and it's a long explanation. But I spent 10 years reforming myself and way of thinking.  This forest was a place I would go so often, I became "known" there by the state operations staff, conservation dept, and team of foresters. My good friend Rob, is the Sr. Forester for the region and he likes to visit me, and eat my gourmet campfire feasts., while we chat about life.

The moral of the story, this place was instrumental in my changes.  It used to be an escape, a place to learn about myself. I spent 10 days there back in 1994, and completely lost track of time realizing i had to be at work the next day after waking up under a tree by a pond (named Woodland Pond).  I spend most of these trips alone with an occasional exception.  Here and there over the last 30 years I had brief friendships, and they would come on these trips as my guests.  My son has been with me and now as an adult makes his own solo trips out there.  Of late, my lovely introverted wife loves that I have been taking her introverted son out with me from time to time - and we talk, and wander.  She has another son who never leaves the bedroom except to eat.  His entire life is playing games.... he's 20 and has anxiety about leaving the house.  I plan on bringing him with me this year - a good step in maybe a larger world even tho it's still a small private world.

Really nice story. I'm glad the forrest was like a safe haven for u to become a better person and help improve ur life.😺 That's really cool ur son likes to spend time in the forrest too.

That's good ur wife's son likes to go with u for a nice walk.
I really hope ur wife's other son will start exploring the forrest and getting freah air with u. I know anxiety can be debilitating.😿I hope his anxiety improves and he starts to enjoy nature. I think it would be nice and relaxing for his anxiety.🌲🌳🌱🌼🌸

ahsatan said:
Really nice story. I'm glad the forrest was like a safe haven for u to become a better person and help improve ur life.😺 That's really cool ur son likes to spend time in the forrest too.

That's good ur wife's son likes to go with u for a nice walk.
I really hope ur wife's other  son will start exploring the forrest and getting freah air with u. I know anxiety can be debilitating.😿I hope his anxiety improves and he starts to enjoy nature. I think it would be nice and relaxing for his anxiety.🌲🌳🌱🌼🌸

Thanks, i hope so too....the weather has been fantastic through March and then they shut everything down...then as soon as i plan some trips, the weather deteriorates. I've gone on these forest trips every year for the last 30 years. 2 - 3 days per week twice in April, and every single week in May - June.  A couple over the summer and one in Sept. then I'm done because the drunk hunters enter the woods.

Like I said, we had mild weather for over a month then I wanted to plan "free" trips without having to use vacation time.  So as you can see it ******* snowed during my trip.  No big, but obviously I'd like nicer weather.  The weather here in NY state has been consistent only since I started planning camping/hiking trips.  I'm heading out for a tues - thurs trip next week.  Wish me luck.

Honestly, I don't want social distancing to end. I love society like this

Ah, social distancing

Attachments

• morningcoffee.jpg
    morningcoffee.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back