Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There has never been a better time for online dating
For men sure is not. 3-year spam

[Image: x5ob21gudwh31.png]
I'm actually David Blane.
Don’t even get to the conversation stage. Like I have said, no replies, no responses. And yeah, I have followed some of the steps Bender said. Paid for photos to be taken (cost a bit more than $50-100 I can tell you). Have tried the “can I ask you a question?” line. No response. It is Ok if you get people responding and taking to you, but I don’t even get that!

No, nobody owes you anything, but, I think it is still impolite to just stop responding to someone you have been talking to. Unless they have been rude and insulting or creepy in some way of course. Maybe I just come from a different generation, where it is polite to just even say “sorry, but not interested”.

(04-29-2020, 08:21 PM)TheRealCallie Wrote: I would say most of the time, if a person completely ignores everything about you, it's usually because it got awkward or there was too much clinging and neediness.  Yeah, there are some bitches out there who will just not bother with you if he/she's not interested, but there's usually a reason if it happens.  Perhaps it's all the negativity and the fact that you've given up before you even try.

Right now, there are people on dating sites that don't normally go on those sites, so you have a bigger chance of meeting someone.  As far as you not getting any messages back, what exactly are you sending in these messages?  Are you just sending "Hi, how are you" or are you trying to personalize it, put some effort into it?

Can’t be negative or positive if you’re not even getting to the conversations. Please don’t assume that someone has given up already without even knowing them at all. 

I try to be more personalised in messages, but, most people seem to list that they like the exact same things ... music, dogs, good food, ect ect ... it is almost like cut and paste most times. Not a whole lot you can do with that.

But I am thinking that the online dating is very different in other parts of the world than it is here in Australia.
El Jay, yeah it's annoying when someone disappears after you've been talking to them for a while. Did you try to meet up with them in those cases? If not, they might have just felt like you were wasting their time.

(04-30-2020, 12:51 PM)Xpendable Wrote: For men sure is not. 3-year spam

[Image: x5ob21gudwh31.png]

Are those your stats Xpendable?

(04-30-2020, 08:17 PM)Cucuboth Wrote: Don’t even get to the conversation stage. Like I have said, no replies, no responses. And yeah, I have followed some of the steps Bender said. Paid for photos to be taken (cost a bit more than $50-100 I can tell you). Have tried the “can I ask you a question?” line. No response. It is Ok if you get people responding and taking to you, but I don’t even get that!

No, nobody owes you anything, but, I think it is still impolite to just stop responding to someone you have been talking to. Unless they have been rude and insulting or creepy in some way of course. Maybe I just come from a different generation, where it is polite to just even say “sorry, but not interested”.

(04-29-2020, 08:21 PM)TheRealCallie Wrote: I would say most of the time, if a person completely ignores everything about you, it's usually because it got awkward or there was too much clinging and neediness.  Yeah, there are some bitches out there who will just not bother with you if he/she's not interested, but there's usually a reason if it happens.  Perhaps it's all the negativity and the fact that you've given up before you even try.

Right now, there are people on dating sites that don't normally go on those sites, so you have a bigger chance of meeting someone.  As far as you not getting any messages back, what exactly are you sending in these messages?  Are you just sending "Hi, how are you" or are you trying to personalize it, put some effort into it?

Can’t be negative or positive if you’re not even getting to the conversations. Please don’t assume that someone has given up already without even knowing them at all. 

I try to be more personalised in messages, but, most people seem to list that they like the exact same things ... music, dogs, good food, ect ect ... it is almost like cut and paste most times. Not a whole lot you can do with that.

But I am thinking that the online dating is very different in other parts of the world than it is here in Australia.

I'm in Australia as well. What do you think is different about online dating here compared to other countries?

Are you able to share the photos you used? Either post them on here or PM me. Or if not, no worries. Even though it generally helps to get professionally taken photos, if your body language is off in those photos it will still be hard to get matches.

And what apps were you using?
(04-30-2020, 08:17 PM)Cucuboth Wrote: Don’t even get to the conversation stage. Like I have said, no replies, no responses. And yeah, I have followed some of the steps Bender said. Paid for photos to be taken (cost a bit more than $50-100 I can tell you). Have tried the “can I ask you a question?” line. No response. It is Ok if you get people responding and taking to you, but I don’t even get that!

If "Can I ask you a question" is all you put...ie, waiting to see if you are given permission before asking the question....that is annoying as hell.  At least to me.  It's like don't waste my time asking me if you can ask, just ask.   I don't know if others have that opinion as well, but yeah.  If I don't know you, I would not even bother replying to that.  I would roll my eyes and delete the message, so I would not recommend doing that, if you aren't also including the question. 

Well, with the negativity and positivity, I was more meaning your attitude about it all.  And the first initial message you are sending.  I don't really do online dating, can't stand it, actually.  I do have a profile though, just to kind of check things out.  My profile contains very little information and no picture, because I don't want to get a lot of messages and whatnot.  If I log in, I will get several messages. The majority of them are either "wanna have sex" (from both men and women), some form of "hi" or "how are you"  And honestly, I ignore them.  Partly because I don't want to date, partly because if you can't be bothered to take the time to form a more personalized message in getting to know me, why should I bother?  Give me more than just Hi or how are you.  Yeah, it can be tricky sometimes if they don't have a lot of information on their profile, but get creative. 
I had no intention of using the online dating at all.  I ignored most of the messages I got.  But then I got a message that was different.  It wasn't anything overly special, but you could tell he put effort into it. So I replied. We talked for a while, but didn't really have much in common, so we parted ways.  My point isn't that it was a success story, my point is that he piqued my interest because his message wasn't the same ass shit everyone sends.  So yeah, you should continue being more personalized.  Hell, even tell a completely random little story or talk about yourself a little.  Just keep trying and eventually someone will respond.   

The giving up before you start isn't that you have actually given up, it's that you probably think it's useless.  That no one is going to reply, or if they do, they will just ghost you etc etc, which could ultimately turn into self sabotage without you even realizing it.  It's likely all being done subconsciously.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: 17vcow.jpg]
... shows you how much attention women receive while putting in almost no effort (no profile info, no picture - and still dozens of messages)

Why would you have a profile at all then?
(05-01-2020, 07:25 AM)ardour Wrote: ... shows you how much attention women receive while putting in almost no effort (no profile info, no picture - and still dozens of messages)

Why would you have a profile at all then?

Shows how much ardour pays attention....I believe I said why in my post. My profile also says that I do NOT want a relationship and I'm only looking around. Try reading.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe the problem isn't women? Considering how many sex proposals I get, I'd say it shows that men will fuck anything with tits more than it shows anything about women.
What does "looking around" mean if not looking for a relationship? Are you looking or not? Sounds like you want it both ways.
(04-30-2020, 08:56 PM)TheRealCallie Wrote: If "Can I ask you a question" is all you put...ie, waiting to see if you are given permission before asking the question....that is annoying as hell.  At least to me.  It's like don't waste my time asking me if you can ask, just ask.   I don't know if others have that opinion as well, but yeah.  If I don't know you, I would not even bother replying to that.  I would roll my eyes and delete the message, so I would not recommend doing that, if you aren't also including the question. 

You're a harsh critic real callie! That question gets me a response about 80% of the time and has lead to many dates haha. But yes, there are better opening messages around.

(05-01-2020, 08:18 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote: Did it ever occur to you that maybe the problem isn't women?  Considering how many sex proposals I get, I'd say it shows that men will fuck anything with tits more than it shows anything about women.

I agree with you that the problem isn't women...most of the time. But before jumping to the conclusion that men will fuck anything with tits based on your online dating experience, think about the type of men you're going to attract with your profile.

You said you have no photos and limited information.

A profile like that is only going to attract the most desperate guys who have no other options. There is no way I would ever message an online dating profile that had no photos. Neither would any other man who has options and isn't desperate. Just like an attractive woman would almost certainly never message a guy who had no photos.

That being said, there obviously are lots of desperate men on online dating who will fuck anything with tits. And they have nobody to blame but themselves for their lack of success. But my point is, with a profile like you described, you'll probably never interact with the 5%-10% of guys who have some standards and understand how to talk to women.
(05-01-2020, 09:45 AM)bender22 Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 08:56 PM)TheRealCallie Wrote: If "Can I ask you a question" is all you put...ie, waiting to see if you are given permission before asking the question....that is annoying as hell.  At least to me.  It's like don't waste my time asking me if you can ask, just ask.   I don't know if others have that opinion as well, but yeah.  If I don't know you, I would not even bother replying to that.  I would roll my eyes and delete the message, so I would not recommend doing that, if you aren't also including the question. 

You're a harsh critic real callie! That question gets me a response about 80% of the time and has lead to many dates haha. But yes, there are better opening messages around.

Lol, so maybe it's just me then. I don't know, I just really hate people asking me that. If it's someone I know personally, I will yell at them. I also yell at people for sending a text with just the letter k. Toungue

(05-01-2020, 09:45 AM)bender22 Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 08:18 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote: Did it ever occur to you that maybe the problem isn't women?  Considering how many sex proposals I get, I'd say it shows that men will fuck anything with tits more than it shows anything about women.

I agree with you that the problem isn't women...most of the time. But before jumping to the conclusion that men will fuck anything with tits based on your online dating experience, think about the type of men you're going to attract with your profile.

You said you have no photos and limited information.

A profile like that is only going to attract the most desperate guys who have no other options. There is no way I would ever message an online dating profile that had no photos. Neither would any other man who has options and isn't desperate. Just like an attractive woman would almost certainly never message a guy who had no photos.

That being said, there obviously are lots of desperate men on online dating who will fuck anything with tits. And they have nobody to blame but themselves for their lack of success. But my point is, with a profile like you described, you'll probably never interact with the 5%-10% of guys who have some standards and understand how to talk to women.

Yeah, I don't believe all men, or even a good majority of them are like that in any way, I was just exaggerating on a major scale because certain people like to generalize women like that.
But seriously, I kept my profile very limited on purpose because I didn't want to waste the time of the people on there who are serious. I just made the profile because eventually I will want to date and I don't really care for online dating, but I wanted to see what type of guys in my area go on sites like that. In my immediate area, it seems like there are mostly rednecks, alcoholics and/or people I have nothing in common with (major outdoorsy types and whatnot), but I expected that because that's what is mostly in my area. If and when I am ready to date, I will redo my profile and add a picture if I decide to try online dating. I log in very rarely, maybe a few times a year.
As bender pointed out you've already pre-selected for creeps and desperate weirdos.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Dating Musings Serenia 20 926 11-18-2020, 10:29 AM
Last Post: kelsier
  It went too far this time... M_also_lonely 14 2,596 05-07-2020, 12:43 PM
Last Post: MissBehave
  Dating Xpendable: Pros and Cons Xpendable 25 3,873 07-12-2019, 04:56 PM
Last Post: LostintheBardo
  Very turned off by on-line dating and even scared of it. Alonewith2cats 96 23,948 07-06-2019, 03:30 AM
Last Post: QuietDesperation
  Dating as a virgin - and everyone seems sex obsessed? TheSolitaryMan 10 5,014 03-05-2019, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Enpatsu No Shakugan
  Some Questions for everyone who's used (or is currently using) online dating Services ExtensivexLDL 66 28,314 03-05-2019, 11:48 AM
  Frustrated with dating sites Matt L 28 5,287 02-27-2019, 04:05 AM
  Dating women from work bearcat22 16 3,883 02-22-2019, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Red_Wedding_Casualty
  Dating Sites bearcat22 51 8,004 01-13-2019, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Richard_39
  UK Dating Sites with Usernames? LifePath1 16 6,895 12-11-2018, 02:58 AM
Last Post: smarty24