Introducing me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggyldn

Reaction score
Hi, I've just turned 29, F and live in London. I'd like to have people to chat to ongoing. Just casual. One to one or small groups. How do people tend to interact/get to know each other on here? 

I signed up for this site a couple years ago but have never actually posted anything, but two years later, not much has changed so I'm back. And the whole coronavirus lockdown has really highlighted my complete lack of social life. You see loads of people reaching out to each other or doing zoom/house party calls and I have nothing. No ones reached out, no ones invited me to anything. My only interaction is work. 

It's a bit of a sad existence but also really difficult to admit/discuss (you can't exactly tell people 'I have no friends'). But hoping people on here can relate so wouldn't judge. I'm aiming that this time next year I'll be able to say I have a friend. Whether online on in person, it'll be nice to have at least one person that I interact with outside of work and not just link to a particular activity.

I'm not great socially as I haven't really had anyone to be able to develop my skills in this area with. I've had acquaintances but none have gotten past that to the 'friend' stage. I've also never been in a relationship, but I'm more concerned about the lack of friends really. And I feel I have a barrier up that acts as a safety net, but I've also got no reason/evidence to trust people. It just opens you up to drama and hurt so I'd rather protect myself but still want to have relationships where I can let my guard down a comfortable amount. I think I probably have social anxiety, but I also am too anxious (and embarrassed) to actually seek help or support. 

I don't really have any particular hobbies/passions, I'm just up for trying anything new so end up doing a bit of everything, master at none. I like theatre so have been watching a lot of the free shows at the moment, into money-saving (if that's a hobby?), equality/diversity/inclusion/accessibility and also like doing adventure things, but don't really get to do these much. 

I've recently decided to try doing drawing during this lockdown. I'm not really arty, but it's something to do that's not work or career development related.

If you're interested in chatting or just want to say hi, feel free to PM or reply below.

ziggyldn said:
Hi, I've just turned 29, F and live in London. I'd like to have people to chat to ongoing. Just casual. One to one or small groups. How do people tend to interact/get to know each other on here? 

I signed up for this site a couple years ago but have never actually posted anything, but two years later, not much has changed so I'm back. And the whole coronavirus lockdown has really highlighted my complete lack of social life. You see loads of people reaching out to each other or doing zoom/house party calls and I have nothing. No ones reached out, no ones invited me to anything. My only interaction is work. 

It's a bit of a sad existence but also really difficult to admit/discuss (you can't exactly tell people 'I have no friends'). But hoping people on here can relate so wouldn't judge. I'm aiming that this time next year I'll be able to say I have a friend. Whether online on in person, it'll be nice to have at least one person that I interact with outside of work and not just link to a particular activity.

I'm not great socially as I haven't really had anyone to be able to develop my skills in this area with. I've had acquaintances but none have gotten past that to the 'friend' stage. I've also never been in a relationship, but I'm more concerned about the lack of friends really. And I feel I have a barrier up that acts as a safety net, but I've also got no reason/evidence to trust people. It just opens you up to drama and hurt so I'd rather protect myself but still want to have relationships where I can let my guard down a comfortable amount. I think I probably have social anxiety, but I also am too anxious (and embarrassed) to actually seek help or support. 

I don't really have any particular hobbies/passions, I'm just up for trying anything new so end up doing a bit of everything, master at none. I like theatre so have been watching a lot of the free shows at the moment, into money-saving (if that's a hobby?), equality/diversity/inclusion/accessibility and also like doing adventure things, but don't really get to do these much. 

I've recently decided to try doing drawing during this lockdown. I'm not really arty, but it's something to do that's not work or career development related.

If you're interested in chatting or just want to say hi, feel free to PM or reply below.

Hi!

Had a good day? What do you like to watch? Any TV shows? Pretty much my life at the moment!

Hope you are well.

NickJP said:
Hi!

Had a good day? What do you like to watch? Any TV shows? Pretty much my life at the moment!

Hope you are well.

Hi,

I watch a bit of everything. I'm not following anything at the mo as I guess there's so much content that's been made free online at the moment, I've not had much time for TV. 

What shows are you into?

ziggyldn said:
NickJP said:
Hi!

Hope you are well.

Hi,

I watch a bit of everything. I'm not following anything at the mo as I guess there's so much content that's been made free online at the moment, I've not had much time for TV. 

What shows are you into?

Well I've loved Ozark on Netflix and watched a good film called The King yesterday about Henry V (he gave the French a hiding so always good viewing  :D ). Many, many others! And I'm getting through loads of books that were gathering dust.

Hi and welcome, I hope you find what you are looking for here - this site helped me a few years ago when i needed it.

I'm not very active now, but pop by now and then.  :)

Hi Ziggy and welcome,

I have to say as someone who used to live in London and still works there, it's an easy place to feel invisible in. I think a surprising proportion of Londoners are lonely in some capacity, you're really not alone in being alone. I've certainly been in the same boat in the past.

You're doing all the right things in terms of keeping busy and trying new hobbies etc, I would particularly encourage you to keep up with the artwork. Might seem like just a few scribbles or whatever, but it's an expression of yourself on paper. I know quite a few people who aren't artistic per say but who find it very cathartic and expressive.

Please feel free to pm me if you want to get some sort of contact going, married and 40 years old so not fishing for anything!

All the best.

Latest posts

Back