Heart still broken

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melrose

Reaction score
My partner of 6 years left me.... no apparent reasons given. 
I’ve been trying my best to let it go and not to think about him anymore.  But 6 months on, I’m still heart broken. 
This healing time is going up and down. It is a torture. I’m feeling very lonely.  I want to meet new people but given this lockdown things are impossible. 
When will I not feeling lonely anymore?

Hi Melrose,

I've been in exactly the same boat as you in the past, a few years ago my partner turned cold on me after ten years. There's no time frame for getting through these things, it's a very individual thing. The main thing in all of this is to stay positive and look after yourself. What's happened undoubtedly feels terrible, but there is a future and you need to keep loving yourself and pressing on in order to get to that future.
The Covid situation completely sucks, but I have heard of people still using dating apps and then doing zoom/WhatsApp etc dates. Might be worth a try?
Sending lots of love and sincerely wishing you all the very best.

Yeti1980 said:
Hi Melrose,

I've been in exactly the same boat as you in the past, a few years ago my partner turned cold on me after ten years. There's no time frame for getting through these things, it's a very individual thing. The main thing in all of this is to stay positive and look after yourself. What's happened undoubtedly feels terrible, but there is a future and you need to keep loving yourself and pressing on in order to get to that future.
The Covid situation completely sucks, but I have heard of people still using dating apps and then doing zoom/WhatsApp etc dates. Might be worth a try?
Sending lots of love and sincerely wishing you all the very best.

Thank you Yeti1980 for your advice. Some days I’m ok but some days like today I feel terrible. I just want to get over this stage. 
I don’t use dating apps because I can’t trust them. I already feel better that I get a reply on this post that at least a person still listens to me. Thank you so much.

I don't know that we ever 'get over' people we have spent so much of our lives with, you just form other relationships. Tolerance is so much more important than romance or lust in relationships, I think. 

Just know that there will come a day soon when you'll feel better.

Just to elaborate a bit, I agree with vauxhallastra in that you never completely forget or just casually get over someone. However, the soul searching and very painful feelings that go on for the first few months do fade away. For me that fading away gave me a sense of perspective and a sense of common sense about where things had gone wrong and why other relationships are worth trying, and also a joy in the freedom of being single.

I'm really glad you feel a bit better for posting here, getting happy again after something like this is a gradual gradient and every step in the right direction is helpful. Just keep being you and don't feel put down or ashamed of yourself for what's happened. These things can happen to anyone and you only feel bad because you were good enough to give love in the first place.

Latest posts

Back