Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you working on?
Or planning to work on....

My computer desk is a cheap particle board piece of junk and it's falling apart. I haven't been able to find one that I like within my budget so I decided to build my own. I know where I can get lots of decent scrap wood for free which is perfect for this project. Today or tomorrow I'll probably get started on some CAD drawings to find a design I want to go with and then pick up materials this weekend. I have a super compact PC (think Mac Mini size but it's a Dell) so I want to build some kind of mount for it on the underside of my new desk to keep all the cables and stuff off my main work space. 

The fun part is making space to do this and then finding sawdust in my coffee for the next three weeks  Club
Getting organized. My computer, workspace, and my mind are a mess. I feel like getting cleaned up will help clear things up so I can focus all of my energy on moving ahead.

I write stories (for myself). Or at least I attempt to. Most of the time I'm sat staring at the screen and then I go off and play solitaire...
I'm an Optimistic Pessimist. I'm absolutely POSITIVE that it's all going to go horribly wrong...

Marge: I'm not afraid
Grampa: Then you're not paying close enough attention
(from episode entitled 'Strong Arms of the Ma')
Painting the house.
(05-23-2020, 04:43 AM)I\m Fine Wrote: I write stories (for myself). Or at least I attempt to. Most of the time I'm sat staring at the screen and then I go off and play solitaire...

I find you have to be in the right mood and then it just flows - good luck!
Earning some money and making a future for myself.
When you know less you can sleep well at night.
(05-26-2020, 08:18 AM)Edward W Wrote:
(05-23-2020, 04:43 AM)I\m Fine Wrote: I write stories (for myself). Or at least I attempt to. Most of the time I'm sat staring at the screen and then I go off and play solitaire...

I find you have to be in the right mood and then it just flows - good luck!

Very true! I write for a living. Some days, it's a struggle. Other days, as you say, it flows. 

Keep at it. Even a few sentences is better than nothing. I find popping on a pair of headphones and listening to my favourite music helps immensely with focus. (Electronica/trance works for me or Classic/New Wave rock - whatever floats your boat!). Like today. . . I've been working since about 10 a.m. and I've written roughly half a page - it's now almost 2 p.m. Sad output for almost four hours of 'work', eh? The lure of the internet beckons. . . 

Note to self: FOLLOW YOUR OWN ADVICE - GET TO WORK.   Club
(05-23-2020, 03:35 AM)TheSkaFish Wrote: Getting organized.  My computer, workspace, and my mind are a mess.  I feel like getting cleaned up will help clear things up so I can focus all of my energy on moving ahead.

Good things take work. I just did a deep clean of my apartment yesterday and I'm glad I did. Highly recommend it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Important Is Working? Broken_Soul 19 3,672 04-16-2020, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Twin11
  What can a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be working on? Maximum7 21 3,171 04-20-2019, 09:40 AM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
  A.L.L Relationships. Are You In One And How Are They Working Out? Retrospective81 50 11,017 03-05-2016, 12:34 PM
Last Post: lonelyfairy
  Life as a single working mom... EveWasFramed 14 6,329 12-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Last Post: mountainvista
  working holiday,volunteering... mattathyah 7 3,884 11-27-2014, 10:42 PM
Last Post: PurpleMist
  The Dangers Of Working With Children These Days (Very Serious Thread) LoneKiller 28 7,355 07-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Last Post: VanillaCreme
  Why is working so tough? Snickers 7 2,271 01-15-2010, 04:32 AM
Last Post: Brian
  FYI Computer not working. Naleena 6 2,244 12-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Last Post: evanescencefan91