Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lonely is Good
Apparently loneliness can be good because there are Buddhist monks who purposely go into Solitude in the forest in order to meditate. The point is that being alone helps one to meditate.  Maybe those of us here who suffer from loneliness can use it to our advantage by using it for meditation.  Maybe the Universe has designated loners to become adepts at meditation.  So loneliness can be a blessing. What do you loners think of that??

ADVERTISEMENTS
I think you already made this thread.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: 17vcow.jpg]
Everything is a matter of how to take it in. For the most part, you can't control what happens around you. But you can control how you perceive the events. There are advantages to being alone. These days many couples are fighting and having all kinds of problems being cooped up together. If you focus more on the advantages and dwell less on being lonely things just might seem not as bad. However I believe a lot of people on here are seeking sympathy and comfort for their loneliness not ways to shed it.

ADVERTISEMENTS
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]
Yes I agree with your statement that many married couples fight.  It's especially so during this Corona stay-at-home mandate which causes domestic friction, a rise in domestic violence.  So it's ironic that the Lonely feel Envy for couples.
For someone who are lonely and don't have the natural attraction to being that, then it's pretty hard for them to perceive it differently. Someone with cancer can still say that he's lucky since he doesn't have aids but yeah. It's a dodged bullet for sure but it doesn't help the main issue at all. The cancer is still there eating up his insides. 
Being grateful for what you do have is important but tying that to dealing with something that's a big big issue doesn't always work.
Especially when the issue is loneliness.
[Image: tenor.gif]
(05-28-2020, 10:55 AM)Finished Wrote: Everything is a matter of how to take it in. For the most part, you can't control what happens around you. But you can control how you perceive the events. There are advantages to being alone. These days many couples are fighting and having all kinds of problems being cooped up together. If you focus more on the advantages and dwell less on being lonely things just might seem not as bad. However I believe a lot of people on here are seeking sympathy and comfort for their loneliness not ways to shed it.

I totally agree with you. I don't need someone to tell me how to deal with loniless I want someone to talk to.
But you're inviting both views. You can't get mad if someone says it. Unless you say right off the bat that's what you want.
[Image: nISTfV3.jpg]
The following survey shows that older people clearly reported LESS loneliness than younger people.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychol...ness%3famp
Lonely is good, as seen in this video of a man who has lived in complete isolation for 40 years>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JZFp8ldcTx4
No it's not..it's friggin paneful.I don't feel it so much now but when I was it was horrendous.
In fact all three of my kids have been lonely at some point in there life's and all three were in tears about it...how can that be good.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Lonely night Mylife47 5 415 10-04-2020, 06:05 PM
Last Post: HorseLatitudes
Shy Lonely at night time Lonelykoalabb 11 13,193 10-04-2020, 05:53 PM
Last Post: HorseLatitudes
  Lonely at Home PursuitofHappiness 7 369 08-26-2020, 01:07 AM
Last Post: priscella
  It has been 4 years since my last post. I am still lonely. lostsoulx 4 1,422 08-12-2020, 01:12 AM
Last Post: sanmatrix
Sad Lonely in Lone Tree Roadieb 8 431 08-08-2020, 03:05 AM
Last Post: Just Games
  Lonely and Coping With a Friends Death.. Running Alone 1 288 08-01-2020, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Finished
  How is it possible to be lonely in the Age of Zoom? vng2015 4 1,003 07-10-2020, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Finished
  Married and Lonely seeking friends tangy002 61 122,276 06-11-2020, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Saddle Bum
  Married and lonely Saddle Bum 0 931 06-11-2020, 01:32 AM
Last Post: Saddle Bum
  A different kind of lonely UntrinqueParatus83 3 1,187 05-15-2020, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Zelazek