Just lonely.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey. 
My name is Susan. I am 31 and live on the east coast. I have two kids and just recently got remarried after my first divorce. My new husband and I have been together for 2.5 years. It isn’t that he’s cheating, but that I’m lonely. He does not pursue me sexually, unless we argue about it, and he always seems bored with me. Usually he’s playing video games and stuff. Due to quarantine, I obviously can’t really go out and do much- plus I have my kids. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Princessgltrsprkls said:
Hey. 
My name is Susan. I am 31 and live on the east coast. I have two kids and just recently got remarried after my first divorce. My new husband and I have been together for 2.5 years. It isn’t that he’s cheating, but that I’m lonely. He does not pursue me sexually, unless we argue about it, and he always seems bored with me. Usually he’s playing video games and stuff. Due to quarantine, I obviously can’t really go out and do much- plus I have my kids. 🤷🏼‍♀️

HI Susan,
I wonder if you could start to build up a community of mom-friends???  I know that it's more difficult with the lockdown, but things are starting to ease up.  You can find play groups at parks, YMCA classes, MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers), church groups, etc.  An internet search could open up all kinds of possibilities.  The more you build up an exciting life of your own, the more interesting of a person you'll seem to your husband!  And the less lonely you'll feel overall.
As far as your loneliness with him: do you guys ever have a date night?  Do you try to spice up your sex life?  Can you two find a hobby that you can do together once a week or so to make life together more fun?  Do you ever sit down together and have deep conversations?  You can find all kinds of conversation starter questions online.
If his gaming is all-consuming and he's ignoring you and the kids all the time, that's a more serious concern.  It's an addiction of sorts.  For that you guys should consider marriage counseling.  In fact, it might be a good idea anyway so you two can build up your communication skills.  I hope these ideas help.

monbonreve said:
Princessgltrsprkls said:
Hey. 

HI Susan,
I wonder if you could start to build up a community of mom-friends???  I know that it's more difficult with the lockdown, but things are starting to ease up.  You can find play groups at parks, YMCA classes, MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers), church groups, etc.  An internet search could open up all kinds of possibilities.  The more you build up an exciting life of your own, the more interesting of a person you'll seem to your husband!  And the less lonely you'll feel overall.
As far as your loneliness with him: do you guys ever have a date night?  Do you try to spice up your sex life?  Can you two find a hobby that you can do together once a week or so to make life together more fun?  Do you ever sit down together and have deep conversations?  You can find all kinds of conversation starter questions online.
If his gaming is all-consuming and he's ignoring you and the kids all the time, that's a more serious concern.  It's an addiction of sorts.  For that you guys should consider marriage counseling.  In fact, it might be a good idea anyway so you two can build up your communication skills.  I hope these ideas help.

Thanks for your suggestions. Just waiting on some restrictions for lock down to be lifted. I think that may help a bit, especially for the kids. I’m naturally extroverted so it is hard to be stuck inside. 

My husband doesn’t see any merit in counseling. 🤷🏼‍♀️ But I’ve tried previously to get him to go. 

Thanks again. :)

Latest posts

Back