Lonely in the UK

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCM

Reaction score
Hello all

Is anybody in the uk?

I am pretty lonely at the moment.

The issue is that I've spent my life working on my career and I've I've neglected to have a family.

I live alone with my dogs and, while I do have some dear friends, my mother sadly died a few days ago.  She was my last living relative that I actually know and its hit home that nobody would be bereft if I died tomorrow.

I've got some long lost family in the north that I'm going to reconnect with when lockdown is over but i really regret having no daily companionship unless I'm working.

I dont know what to do about it.

I'm.47 so probably left it too late to have kids.

JCM said:
Hello all

Is anybody in the uk?

I am pretty lonely at the moment.

The issue is that I've spent my life working on my career and I've I've neglected to have a family.

I live alone with my dogs and, while I do have some dear friends, my mother sadly died a few days ago.  She was my last living relative that I actually know and its hit home that nobody would be bereft if I died tomorrow.

I've got some long lost family in the north that I'm going to reconnect with when lockdown is over but i really regret having no daily companionship unless I'm working.

I dont know what to do about it.

I'm.47 so probably left it too late to have kids.

Hi. I am sorry for your loss. I am married with kids and so. But I am mostly an introvert. I have friends but I dont feel very comfortable going out together as much as they do. So, point is..you can be an introvert and still in a relationship. And still lonely..etc. But I am not going there now. You can read my threads. Is there a local church maybe? Or book clubs or something of the sort? You don't have to be the most outgoing person there is to find someone. Esp since you are already working and so. Maybe, and actually I am so sure, there is another person similarly needing the same thing and maybe you click? And as for kids..you guys in the western world are so lucky you can always adopt. And then, there is always here too. Where who knows maybe you can meet many nice people. Just when your grief is getting milder, you will be able to get out more often and so.

Hi JCM,

First of all I'm sorry to hear about your loss, that's a big loss for anyone and you have my full sympathy and I'm sure everyone else's on here too.

Reconnecting with other family members sounds like a very good idea and there are always new people out there to get to know. I can understand that you feel lonely and that nobody would care etc, but I'm sure that's not true. Everyone is precious and you have an intrinsic value that isn't defined by social groups, and besides we care in here. I know it's a difficult time in all kinds of ways at the moment, but please keep positive and keep looking ahead.

Wishing you all the best and please feel free to PM if you'd like.

Thanks to everybody.
It is more about having daily companionship.
I have neglected people.

I'm also in the UK. Lost my mother to cancer in 2017 and am here seeking connections and to have some good conversations with like-minded folks. Pleased to meet you and awfully sorry for your loss. Feel free to message me if you want to talk.

Latest posts

Back