Raising self-esteem - You are the most important person in the world

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score
hello, I was thinking recently and came to realize that I'm the most important person in the world-to me.

Of course, I don't mean you should look down on others, you should never. I mean there is only one you and you shouldn't take that for granted. Why dislike yourself when you can do the exact opposite? Love yourself. If you weren't around you wouldn't get to see all these exciting colors, hear beautiful sounds, meet wonderful people, and feel alive. 

You are the most important person in the world because if you weren't around there would be nothing. No senses, no consciousness, no awareness. Just blank.

But you are here. Now. Tomorrow you could be anywhere. Yesterday is done. And even if the thought of death brings sadness to many of us, we don't know what happens after death. And many people have come and gone through the ages. If they all went through death I suppose it wouldn't make much impact in the world if it was my turn. I mean a thousand years from now.

So live life. Laugh when you can. And love yourself.

Hang in there bud.

Attachments

• 20200612_051227.jpg
    20200612_051227.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 5
Azariah said:
hello, I was thinking recently and came to realize that I'm the most important person in the world-to me.

Of course, I don't mean you should look down on others, you should never. I mean there is only one you and you shouldn't take that for granted. Why dislike yourself when you can do the exact opposite? Love yourself. If you weren't around you wouldn't get to see all these exciting colors, hear beautiful sounds, meet wonderful people, and feel alive. 

You are the most important person in the world because if you weren't around there would be nothing. No senses, no consciousness, no awareness. Just blank.

But you are here. Now. Tomorrow you could be anywhere. Yesterday is done. And even if the thought of death brings sadness to many of us, we don't know what happens after death. And many people have come and gone through the ages. If they all went through death I suppose it wouldn't make much impact in the world if it was my turn. I mean a thousand years from now.

So live life. Laugh when you can. And love yourself.

I think that is great advice!!! About a decade ago I came to that conclusion, with a little twist, myself. I said F doing what others expect me to do, F work, F fake friends, F pursuing the "American Dream", F increasing my wealth, F everything and everybody else.

I thought if I die tomorrow and look back at my life I don't want to see that I was just another societal robot helping the wealthy, attractive, successful people, continue to enjoy their privileged lives. I wanted to only do what I wanted to do for myself. 

A decade later my life is much easier and I've got to enjoy doing lots of fun things. I'm WAY more healthier now then I was. My finances are not great but I'm able to get by without any help from anybody or the government.

I've pulled away from society and things are much better. I feel no pressure from anybody to conform to their standards or what society says I should do. Some have told me I'm a looser for not working, etc, etc, etc. Other's have said they wished they could do what I'm doing. I don't really give a honeysuckle what they say either way. 

That's the point! This is my life not theirs.

Beautiful thoughts. I've thought the same. A lot of people and creatures have died before me, and many will die after. I guess I'll do it the same way everyone else does. Might be a bit different and unique; but, it will be death, all the same...

Latest posts

Back