I regret seeing the end of social distancing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ringwood said:
I concur. . . (nice spot in the picture - looks like an ideal place to social distance)

thanks, this is a huge forest, 13,000 acres and I've wandered and camped here for 30 years, usually alone.  I wonder how many others here do the same thing.

My wife just read something about introverts and extroverts - the extros like the coast and prefer vacations near the shore, beaches.  While introverts prefer the mountains.  She is a poster child of an introvert - complete with the anxiety attacks that go along with dealing with groups. Me on the other hand, I'm anti-social, a loner who doesn't have a personality that meshes with most people.  I do everything alone and for the most part, dislike social gatherings for reasons different than hers. And while on that note, that article probably speaks for everyone in the lonerzone, introverts are a part of that club.  I definitely like the mountains and forests, and HATE the beach - not because I dislike beaches, but there isn't a beach on earth that is truly private. And the majority of them are people magnets.

morrowrd said:
ringwood said:
I concur. . . (nice spot in the picture - looks like an ideal place to social distance)

thanks, this is a huge forest, 13,000 acres and I've wandered and camped here for 30 years, usually alone.  I wonder how many others here do the same thing.

My wife just read something about introverts and extroverts - the extros like the coast and prefer vacations near the shore, beaches.  While introverts prefer the mountains.  She is a poster child of an introvert - complete with the anxiety attacks that go along with dealing with groups. Me on the other hand, I'm anti-social, a loner who doesn't have a personality that meshes with most people.  I do everything alone and for the most part, dislike social gatherings for reasons different than hers. And while on that note, that article probably speaks for everyone in the lonerzone, introverts are a part of that club.  I definitely like the mountains and forests, and HATE the beach - not because I dislike beaches, but there isn't a beach on earth that is truly private. And the majority of them are people magnets.

Interesting about introverts and extroverts. I'm most definitely an introvert and a loner - unless I'm with my husband or child, I'm usually out and about by myself. People are irritating and I'd rather be in my own head than forced to make inane and pointless conversations with people. And I much prefer mountains and forests. Beaches suck, especially crowded beaches in the summertime - wouldn't catch me anywhere near a place like that. However, I used to live on Northern Vancouver Island and there are some incredibly beautiful beaches to discover there - and best of all, they are so remote that very few people ever go to them. They are generally only accessible by remote logging roads. That is my only exception to the beach rule. Here's a picture from one of my adventures - this was a typical West Coast day, rainy in the form of a fine mist and overcast. If you look closely, you can see a few rudimentary shelters along the beach - made with driftwood and tarps, it's a nice touch for the few souls who venture out on such days. 

487898_10150919722017123_650980446_n.jpg

ringwood said:
morrowrd said:
ringwood said:

Interesting about introverts and extroverts. I'm most definitely an introvert and a loner - unless I'm with my husband or child, I'm usually out and about by myself. People are irritating and I'd rather be in my own head than forced to make inane and pointless conversations with people. And I much prefer mountains and forests. Beaches suck, especially crowded beaches in the summertime - wouldn't catch me anywhere near a place like that. However, I used to live on Northern Vancouver Island and there are some incredibly beautiful beaches to discover there - and best of all, they are so remote that very few people ever go to them. They are generally only accessible by remote logging roads. That is my only exception to the beach rule. Here's a picture from one of my adventures - this was a typical West Coast day, rainy in the form of a fine mist and overcast. If you look closely, you can see a few rudimentary shelters along the beach - made with driftwood and tarps, it's a nice touch for the few souls who venture out on such days. 

487898_10150919722017123_650980446_n.jpg
That is a nice picture.  Yet, as remote as this place is, people found a way to get there, they used the logging roads.  No offense to anyone here, but I have been spiraling down a tunnel this year - I've come to hate people.  I hate the entitlement attitude, the nosiness, the self-centered disrespectfulness especially.  It appears, at least to me that this attitude is a new common denominator and it's become more evident since this quarantine. People wanting attention - just to add another pet peeve - and I have become more withdrawn from society as a result.  It isn't just one demographic group either - it's everyone.  Young, old, middle age/my age group, kids.  Everyone has attitude - seniors for example, I always liked talking to them, old fashioned respect and it made me like them.  It seems like this generation of senior citizens are nasty and just as self centered as immature brats. Obviously there are good people in each group,  but just go out in public and the bad one's shine above the rest.   I could live the rest of my life in the quarantine mode.

morrowrd said:
ringwood said:

I am in no way an introvert but I certainly prefer the solitude of mountains and country roads to big cities.  I can't say I have much fondness for beaches either, but fishing villages are cool.  I love the scenery.  Maybe that's different, but I'm relating them to water.  I don't really do people, but I think more accurately people don't do me.  For that I enjoy a small gathering of friends.  But I need those gatherings.  When I am alone I feel so alone.  It's something of a conflict.

5th month into home office and without real life social contacts. Can't say I'm not slowly loosing my mind...

Myra said:
5th month into home office and without real life social contacts. Can't say I'm not slowly loosing my mind...

Have you checked under the couch cushions?

The wife's been home officing for five months also.  She loves it.

They have video meetings and chats.  That might help her social contact needs.

I checked the couch cushions for my mind and it is not there--lol ..You are not the only one Myra because this is the "pitts" and I wish everything would go back to  normal.. But there was some kind of article in a New York paper talking about (I guess cultural change) that will never come back the way it was and all those big buildings are becoming obsolete and they mostly are empty. People like working from home and life the way it was is changing and our culture is changing and it has all kinds of ramifications with areas that you live in and schooling and work--etc etc...., even transportation for people do not want to use the subway or buses no more---this goes on and on with all kinds of changes---they say they will never come back....A brand new world we have and we need to just learn to adjust to this new way of life....I want the old way..., but you people are young and can look forward to a wonderful new world---I think...lol  Priscella.

Hi Priscella, it will be interesting to see which changes will stay with us.
Personally, I don't wish for things to go completely back to normal because I was always too exhausted from being around people all day haha. I would like to have the opportunity to just have some social contact once a week. It's hard sometimes when living alone and not having anyone to talk to for many months. It's not like I was talking much before corona either... but at least people said hi and bye and some small talk here and there. And I had a better routine that distracted me.

I know exactly what you mean and I agree 100%--lol lol....Changes, changes, and more changes to come.....We do need some kind of a routine for our own sanity. I have kind of fallen into one---I get up--I shower, I eat, I telephone call, I clean house and do dishes, etc--etc--I am sure you get the picture..lol lol...I also live alone but I have my pigeons to take care of and I like this for they are all my pets...lol ( all 32 or more?? of them)--I have a loft and this keeps me busy...good thing for my mind would be in those couch cushions..lol..Thanks and hi and bye.....with small talk... Priscella

Oh that's really nice with the pigeons :) I hope to have a pet too one day if I can afford the necessary space

Myra said:
Oh that's really nice with the pigeons :) I hope to have a pet too one day if I can afford the necessary space

My 3 shadows

Attachments

• 3 friends.jpg
    3 friends.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 10
Oh how cute they are its looks like one of them was born out of wedlock that brown one to the right with its ass showing--how cute...Thank you so much for sharing. Someday I will find out how to put a picture on here and give share a picture of mine with you all..How cute---thanks...priscella

Latest posts

Back