My old friend advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherryGee

Reaction score
Hi I need an advice. 
Few years ago, my old good friend Lee unfriended me on facebook so I blocked him. It was knee jerk reaction and I was so mad. Few years before, we had a row on holiday and didnt talk for months. Then we chatted again a bit, it was ok at first then he was bit rude. I ignored it. Final straw when he unfriended me (I don't have many friends in facebook) so I blocked him.
I noticed he had new account and added me ages ago but I didn't respond to his friend request. 
Yesterday, he emailed me to tell me that he trying to get in touch with me. I havent responded yet because I am actually quite embarrassed that I blocked him and worried that he would ask me about it. I don't want to talk about it. I am now wondering if he unfriended me by accident and probably didn't realise. 
Anyway, I just wonder anyone had a similar experience as me and how they dealt with it

Well, try to put your emotions aside. If you want to communicate with him then do so. If you don't then don't. If he asks you about getting blocked just say it was an accident. If he keeps asking just say it doesn't matter.

I think about things like that for awhile. But, when I decide I'm done communicating with someone, or it's not healthy for me to do so any longer, I remove all avenues of communication and put them out of my mind. I've found that dragging things out is a waste.

Finished said:
Well, try to put your emotions aside. If you want to communicate with him then do so. If you don't then don't. If he asks you about getting blocked just say it was an accident. If he keeps asking just say it doesn't matter.

I think about things like that for awhile. But, when I decide I'm done communicating with someone, or it's not healthy for me to do so any longer, I remove all avenues of communication and put them out of my mind. I've found that dragging things out is a waste.

Thank you for your input. 
I still haven't replied to him as part of me don't want to to talk to him yet and worried about his reaction. However part of me want to talk to him. Even if I say it's an accident, I don't think he would believe me but I do like your response if he keep asking that it doesn't matter. 
It is so easy to overthink. Even if I did cut him out my life, I still think about him because he meant so much to me once.

Yeah, it's difficult sometimes. I have reestablished things in the past only to find out I was right back in the same situation. If you are fine with that then it's okay. If not stay strong and time will help with your thoughts.

Finished said:
Yeah, it's difficult sometimes. I have reestablished things in the past only to find out I was right back in the same situation. If you are fine with that then it's okay. If not stay strong and time will help with your thoughts.

Totally understandable and agreeable.
I accepted his request on gram couple weeks ago, didn't reply or anything and I added him on gram too.
Tonight I noticed that I am a follower short and it was him unfollowed me. His loss really.

SherryGee said:
Finished said:

I accepted his request on gram couple weeks ago, didn't reply or anything and I added him on gram too.
Tonight I noticed that I am a follower short and it was him unfollowed me. His loss really.

Well, the nice part is that he made the decision. You made the effort to reconnect. So, you can at least feel good about that.

Finished said:
SherryGee said:
Finished said:

Well, the nice part is that he made the decision. You made the effort to reconnect. So, you can at least feel good about that.
Absolutely.

SherryGee I had the same type of problems and it does stay on your mind a bit and it is hard to shake because somehow you boiled it down to your fault. This situation for other people does not seem to bother them at all. This make you feel irrelevant and more lonely..At least that's how I see it . Have you ever tried to move back to a place that you moved from? Next you sat in a chair thinking when your friends start talking about something. You think to yourself----"Now I know why I left". This has happened to me and I say that relationship is gone. It's his loss not yours.. Adjusting to all the different aspects of life and friends is just plain hard. So as you know inside yourself move on and brand new relationships will come into your life.

There are two questions that spring to mind here, firstly what you've fallen out over in the past and secondly how you plan to approach those falling outs and avoid them in the future?
It may be best to discuss those things straight off if you decide to pick things up again, that way you clear up old problems and you have a plan going forward.

SherryGee said:
Finished said:

I could be totally off about this, but could he be petty.  He noticed you blocked him after he unfriended you and that irritated him.  So made efforts to put himself in the position to have the last word so to speak.

It also sounds like you have out grown each other, hopefully if you want the friendship to rest and move on with your life.

Latest posts

Back