I Paint Sometimes

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolveEtCoagula

Reaction score
Just a few of my paintings. Not that any in particular are my favorite, just the ones my folks like.

eIEzXKQ_d.webp

oeUQ88m_d.webp

LumnbCn_d.webp

8J3cyib_d.webp

CouK4CK_d.webp

cBCuBW1_d.webp

I like the third one from the top best. 

Since no title was posted I'll title it as, "Appreciate Friends"

I see two deer wandering in the forest while it's raining looking for food. The first one stops, lifts its tail, and takes a honeysuckle. Some of the splatter hits the second deer. He thinks it would be better if he was in front. But, it's difficult to see through the rain as it's coming down so heavily. He decides to keep second position. In the back of his mind he knows that the older buck, in the lead, will soon die and leave him alone. So, maybe it's best he appreciate being honeysuckle on. For being honeysuckle on is far better then being alone.

The second one from the bottom is calling to me.

I'll titled it, "Love's Frustration"

It appears as a poem writing by a happy young girl with little of life's experiences. She started out very happily writing about her dashing boyfriend. The words being place together were becoming a love sonnet. The thoughts flowed so easily it felt like a dream to her. She was remembering the joy of being held so tightly the night before. As she shifted to regain her balance from her dizzying mind, a pair of used panties that didn't not belong to her fell from somewhere above. Her love drunk mind began to realize the young man she intended to marry was not faithful to her. The anger and disgusted she felt made its way to the canvass. She quickly scribbled out the words she lovingly wrote just minutes before and fell to the floor in tears. Just before she passed from cutting herself, she asked, why is life so cruel?

So can you explain that type of abstract art. I never quite understood it. Like when I've looked a similar pieces in a museum or art forums or even wallpapers that have this type of style. I don't understand it. Can you elaborate on what it's expressing?

I really like the first and last.I would  pay good money to have these in my lounge.I think you are very talented .Can you not exhibit like in your local library...something like that.

Just Games said:
I really like the first and last.I would  pay good money to have these in my lounge.I think you are very talented .Can you not exhibit like in your local library...something like that.
Thanks <3

I'd feel guilty attempting to pass this off as actual art and turn a profit. These paintings take me like 15-30 mins a piece. A quality museum/gallery piece should take atleast a week if not a month of constant attention and work.

also the local library is closed down cuz covaids (pool's closed :cool:  ) Best bet for trying to sell these would be either Etsy or at the local art village (VOTA) tho I would have to go to the county courthouse and apply for a vendor's license.

SirPanda said:
So can you explain that type of abstract art.  I never quite understood it.  Like when I've looked a similar pieces in a museum or art forums or even wallpapers that have this  type of style.  I don't understand it.  Can you elaborate on what it's expressing?

I'm trying (FAILING) to emulate the work of Mark Rothko mixed Polluck for extra edge. Look up Rothko and his personal life, it's one of the most edge-tastic stories I swear.

Elaboration:
--------------

All my paintings are what I personally refer to as "Abstract Expressionism" given the clear avante-garde bullshittery coupled with what I assume is the proper representation of expressionism (atleast emotionally speaking, not so much aesthetically). These pieces (and the 30 or so others I've got all over my wall for no raisin) are all 15-30 minute decompression paintings. I pretty much only ever paint when I have absolutely no drive to do anything at all. Typically I just channel that feeling and throw it at canvas with acrylic paint and feel better afterwards.

For the most part, I'm just trying to convey a thought or a feeling (or atleast simply an aspect of these things) onto physical media. As for which feelings/thoughts exactly, I couldnt say myself. I simply paint and let it dry. maybe a day or two later I might start to mull over a title but usually I dont assign titles to my pieces. they're really only made and meant to be seen by me. Reminders on my wall to keep me from forgetting who I have been and where I think I might be going. 

you know, edgy angsty idiot paints a picture and gets giddy at the thought of having "made something"

Finished said:
The second one from the bottom is calling to me.

I'll titled it, "Love's Frustration"

It appears as a poem writing by a happy young girl with little of life's experiences. She started out very happily writing about her dashing boyfriend. The words being place together were becoming a love sonnet. The thoughts flowed so easily it felt like a dream to her. She was remembering the joy of being held so tightly the night before. As she shifted to regain her balance from her dizzying mind, a pair of used panties that didn't not belong to her fell from somewhere above. Her love drunk mind began to realize the young man she intended to marry was not faithful to her. The anger and disgusted she felt made its way to the canvass. She quickly scribbled out the words she lovingly wrote just minutes before and fell to the floor in tears. Just before she passed from cutting herself, she asked, why is life so cruel?

wow, that's pretty relatable for me. thanks <3

I have't given that piece a title but there are words on it that read "Look at me! I am a tangled mess!" the words "Fix It :)" appear in each corner

Ah I see. Interesting. I just doodle on my Ipad. My SIg is something I did recently, the girl drawing. I suck, lol. But I like to doodle and emulate some artistry. I'll check out that artist you mentioned. Thanks for answering.

SirPanda said:
Ah I see.  Interesting.  I just doodle on my Ipad.  My SIg is something I did recently, the girl drawing.  I suck, lol.  But I like to doodle and emulate some artistry.  I'll check out that artist you mentioned.  Thanks for answering.

I like that doodle you got. I can't draw for the same reason I'm not allowed to practice medicine (shaky hands [hostel reference]). 

Art is important for your soul (or a lack thereof)

Nicolelt said:
I love these, especially the first one.

Thankies <3

Nicolelt said:
I love these, especially the first one.

I would go with that one also, though #3 is really growing on me.

You guys are too nice

I get that my folks like my paintings, it's like putting macaroni art on the fridge.

I'm shook to see that any randos like my paintings enough to say anything to me about it. I may post some more of the ones I really like.

#2 is kinda spooky. My favorite is #5

Latest posts

Back