Lazy attempts at music production

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolveEtCoagula

Reaction score
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1TVhIOEJQl6jwuuFnuFfU0PmegtvrohjU

^ link to the folder in my Drive containing the current pieces of a project I've been on and off playing with for nearly 3 years.

It's all lazy but I pretty much make these tracks for my own listening pleasure. The levels are all over the place, no continuity in terms of sound and software, most of it is entirely CC loops (mostly m3J Mobile and AbletonLive), some of it straight up recorded on a phone cuz why not, alot of it butchered afterwards with basic online audio editing tools. Its kind of a mess.

Styles vary but I feel I atleast managed to keep all the pieces flowing decently from one to the next if played in chronological order.

Warning(s): 
- Levels and volume are all over the freakin place as well as audio quality // Be careful with those speakers and ears cuz theres bound to be alot of adjusting your volume
- occasional Harsh Noise tracks (mostly toward the beginning and end)
- Entire project is more or less intentionally garbage (like that's never been done before)

---

https://m.soundcloud.com/cor-pru-na/sets/human-studies

^ link to a project I uploaded to sound cloud some years back when I was in highschool.

I slaved over this more than anything I've ever made. This was pieced together over a 7 month period starting in July of 2014 and ending in February of 2015 when things at this point were at their worst and I could no longer bear to work on the project. During the time this was made I would only ever work on it when I was in a depressive state and would outright avoid it when manic. The end result is some of the more personal and least structurally sound music I've ever made. This is the closest I have ever come, even to this day, to making the sounds I want people to hear; the sounds I hear.

It was all one take improv pieces that I just couldn't help but keep. At the time I had no idea whatsoever how to play an instrument, read/write music or even what a DAW was. I was just getting it all out.

I listened to "4) I've had it with Everything." I like it. I imagine it being playing during a stage performance showing frustration.

I listened to several of them. They are good. You can feel the depression in the sounds. But, the works themselves are not depressing. They are more tranquil and thought provoking to me. IMO, they would be best listened to while high or sitting in nature.

Finished said:
I listened to "4) I've had it with Everything." I like it. I imagine it being playing during a stage performance showing frustration.

I listened to several of them. They are good. You can feel the depression in the sounds. But, the works themselves are not depressing. They are more tranquil and thought provoking to me. IMO, they would be best listened to while high or sitting in nature.

I'm pretty much always high so they were all made under the influence. I appreciate the kind words brosef <3

Latest posts

Back