You last visited: 12-16-2013, 02:12 PM

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INTERPOL

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wasn't sure whether to create a thread for this or not but thought I should get my thoughts written out while I still have them fresh in my head.

The title of the thread is what I was greeted with when I logged back into A Lonely Life tonight after an almost 7-year hiatus. I was feeling particularly lonely and aimless tonight and a memory of posting on this forum came back to me out of nowhere which is what led me back here. I was surprised to even manage to get back into my account!

I have to say, looking at my past posts and private messages from back when I was 16-17 (I'm almost 26 now) is very surreal. While I can still identify strongly with the feelings of social disconnection and isolation from back then, the way I expressed myself back then is very different to who I am now. I mean, who hasn't cringed at memories of their younger self?

Looking back, it's weirdly comforting that both present and past me seen the need to seek a community like this despite the very different situations we find ourselves in. A lot has changed since I was a teenager, some for the better, some for the worse. Regardless, I can see more clearly now that the feeling of disconnection with others isn't a phase, it seems more to be a genuine part of who I am as a person - something I can accept better on some days more than others.

Anyhow, I didn't want to get too deep and emotional in this post, just wanted to write something on my thoughts of returning back on A Lonely Life after so many years and how jarring it is to compare past me's thoughts with present me.

If anyone I used to speak to 6-8 years ago is still around and remembers my username, it would be great to catch up!

Latest posts

Back