Poll who has had Covid-19?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you had Covid-19?

• Yes - Had symptoms and tested positive.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No - No symptoms and not tested.

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Yes - No symptoms but tested positive on a test.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Had symptoms but no test, but tested positive for antibodies.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No - Felt like had symptoms but not tested positive in a test.

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Serenia

Reaction score
Curious to see who has or think have had it. To add my own experience. I started with a weird symptom. At the end of March I had two days of itchy sore eyes, and slight blurry vision. Then suddenly on the Sunday evening I was my temperature shot up. I had a fever for 11 days. I was extremely breathless. I had those aches you get with a fever. I was really weak I had to sleep downstairs to be bear our bathroom. I was extremely tired, sleeping 19 hours some days. I had a very mild dry cough. After my fever broke I was exhausted for a good four weeks. During that time I was terrified at waking up and my breathing being worse I would need help. I couldn't get tested at the time. I have since had he antibody test and tested positive for antibodies.

Well, it's extremely rare that I get sick. But, in February I experienced some really odd symptoms. I was very tired, dizzy, headaches, sick to my stomach, and felt crappy. I wasn't short of breath. But, I kept taking deeper breaths automatically enough so that it came to my attention. 

I assumed it was another age related thing. So, I did nothing about it. My symptoms seemed to slowly decrease over a two week period. Then I started hearing more about Covid-19. At the time, I discounted it being Covid-19 because it hadn't really taking hold yet. But, I heard others had it in nearby areas. 

So................ I think maybe but I don't know.

The accuracy of the various tests are not so great from what I've heard from the news on the radio. I have no desire to get tested to see if I have an active case. But, the antibodies test would be interesting to see if I have built up antibodies against it. However, from what I've heard the accuracy of that test is even worse. Besides knowing any of that won't change anything for me.

Finished said:
Well, it's extremely rare that I get sick. But, in February I experienced some really odd symptoms. I was very tired, dizzy, headaches, sick to my stomach, and felt crappy. I wasn't short of breath. But, I kept taking deeper breaths automatically enough so that it came to my attention. 

I assumed it was another age related thing. So, I did nothing about it. My symptoms seemed to slowly decrease over a two week period. Then I started hearing more about Covid-19. At the time, I discounted it being Covid-19 because it hadn't really taking hold yet. But, I heard others had it in nearby areas. 

So................ I think maybe but I don't know.

The accuracy of the various tests are not so great from what I've heard from the news on the radio. I have no desire to get tested to see if I have an active case. But, the antibodies test would be interesting to see if I have built up antibodies against it. However, from what I've heard the accuracy of that test is even worse. Besides knowing any of that won't change anything for me.
 Thanks  for sharing your experience.   The antibody testing here is very good.  It has been extensively vetted.  The actual swab test is hit and miss.  If it is not pushed far enough back it doesn't always pick up the cells.  So we have had a lot of false negatives.

The risk in my area is very low, so far, we haven't had very man infections. The majority of cases have been from farm workers from foreign countries who come over here to work for the summer. I just wish some of the stores around here would keep the number of customers limited, Walmart and Superstore (a grocery store)have been letting everyone in and Walmart stopped having hand sanitizer available at the entrance for people. They sanitize the carts but still too many people in the store at one time makes it hard to keep your distance from others. It's funny, the grocery store made an announcement on their PA system reminding people to keep their six feet apart while shopping. Maybe if they monitored and limited the number of people in the store at one time they wouldn't have to remind people.

I don't know personally know anyone who had the virus.

This past March I was the sickest I have ever been. My husband had to write my sub plans because I could not cognitively function. I just wanted to die. For two weeks I had the worst cough ever. After I heard a news report of another teacher that had it, I was sure that I did. I got the antibody test a month ago and it came up negative.

All I know is, I am getting my flu shot this school year and as soon as a COVID shot is out, I will be in line.

Had it at end of March and into April, my antibody test came back Positive a couple of weeks ago. It was the worst thing I've ever had, was even taken to hospital for a few hours for observations. No breathing difficulties as such, but very high temp and lots of rib and sternum pain. Also had heart troubles with it and sometimes wondered if I was having a heart attack. Had to sleep in a chair as discomfort and restlessness were so bad when lying down, survived on about an hour sleep a night for about ten days, was getting really tired by the end. My saving grace was that it was my birthday coming up in a few days and lots of cards and packages kept arriving so I swore to myself that I would get through it to open my stuff on my birthday. Have to say it was the best birthday I've ever had, makes you appreciate the little things.

Yeti1980 said:
Had it at end of March and into April, my antibody test came back Positive a couple of weeks ago. It was the worst thing I've ever had, was even taken to hospital for a few hours for observations. No breathing difficulties as such, but very high temp and lots of rib and sternum pain. Also had heart troubles with it and sometimes wondered if I was having a heart attack. Had to sleep in a chair as discomfort and restlessness were so bad when lying down, survived on about an hour sleep a night for about ten days, was getting really tired by the end. My saving grace was that it was my birthday coming up in a few days and lots of cards and packages kept arriving so I swore to myself that I would get through it to open my stuff on my birthday. Have to say it was the best birthday I've ever had, makes you appreciate the little things.

Glad to here you got through it! And that you had the best birthday ever!

Nicolelt said:
This past March I was the sickest I have ever been. My husband had to write my sub plans because I could not cognitively function. I just wanted to die. For two weeks I had the worst cough ever. After I heard a news report of another teacher that had it, I was sure that I did. I got the antibody test a month ago and it came up negative.

All I know is, I am getting my flu shot this school year and as soon as a COVID shot is out, I will be in line.

Okay, so now my husband tells me that studies show that the antibodies fade away within weeks, and after watching a PBS special, I am pretty sure I had COVID back in March.

Nicolelt said:
Okay, so now my husband tells me that studies show that the antibodies fade away within weeks, and after watching a PBS special, I am pretty sure I had COVID back in March.

Yeah, basically our bodies see Covid as not so important. Initially we have no keys to do anything to it. Covid does it's thing unimpeded. In time our bodies figure out the key and start making anti-bodies. Then it totally kicks the crap out of it. Hurray!  :D

Our bodies think, hmmm, we probably wont see that crap again. We'll keep the key and a few antibodies around for a while. But, lets just get back to the normal protection stuff.

Then when it comes back, we get infected, but fairly quickly our bodies realize the ahole is back in town and quickly produces lots of antibodies using the key it made the first time. After that our bodies keep more antibodies around longer since it's a reoccurring problem.

It works the same way whether it's a natural process or via immunizations requiring booster shots later. There are so many nasty things out there that our bodies try to sort them by order of importance, which is pretty **** amazing.

tenor.gif

One of my wife's friends had the worst flu like symptoms she had ever experienced.Massive headache,body aching,sore throat that even the strongest stepsils couldn't relieve .Totally wasted couldn't go downstairs for two weeks.Rang Doctor twice but he advised stay at home unless things got really unbearable which they already were but hospital was a scary prospect and all in mid summer.Also by coincidence some dozey twat had sat opposite her on an empty bus removed his mask and coughed all over her the the day before.It's law here from today to wear masks in shops, I'll be doing that for the first time ,just don't understand why the government waited so long.

Finished said:
Nicolelt said:

Yeah, basically our bodies see Covid as not so important. Initially we have no keys to do anything to it. Covid does it's thing unimpeded. In time our bodies figure out the key and start making anti-bodies. Then it totally kicks the crap out of it. Hurray!  :D

Our bodies think, hmmm, we probably wont see that crap again. We'll keep the key and a few antibodies around for a while. But, lets just get back to the normal protection stuff.

Then when it comes back, we get infected, but fairly quickly our bodies realize the ahole is back in town and quickly produces lots of antibodies using the key it made the first time. After that our bodies keep more antibodies around longer since it's a reoccurring problem.

It works the same way whether it's a natural process or via immunizations requiring booster shots later. There are so many nasty things out there that our bodies try to sort them by order of importance, which is pretty **** amazing.

I hope it kicks in fast when I get it again.

I have not had it, as far as I know. If I have, I had no symptoms. My nephew was exposed and had to be quarantined, thankfully he tested negative. My nephew's mom's boyfriend just recently tested positive, so now my other nephew has to quarantine. I haven't heard about the boyfriend having any symptoms. He likely got tested because he works in a bar and someone probably got sick and tested positive there. Sorry, but there's really no **** reason for bars to be open right now.

I'm very concerned about schools opening back up. I really think that is going to drive the number of cases up.

TheRealCallie said:
Sorry, but there's really no **** reason for bars to be open right now.  

I'm very concerned about schools opening back up.  I really think that is going to drive the number of cases up.

I totally agree. All the bars, restaurants, gyms and other places that people gather should be closed if the objective is to really try to stop the spread of the virus. But, IMO, that's not the case. It would be too politically damaging to the politicians. Keeping their butts in office is their prime concern.

This morning, while listening to the radio, the two talk show hosts bragged about the awesome birthday pool party they had with friends and family this weekend. These are the same ones that tell people they are stupid if they aren't constantly wearing masks, using hand sanitizer, and socially distancing. People even brought their kids over and a different neighborhood kid watched them all together. Nice! Fing hypocrites! So then, other people listening think, Hmmm, I guess we can have a pool party too. Maybe Covid-19 only spreads during the week?

The schools opening up is going to be a total disaster. That should be one of the last things to happen, IMO. The kids will spread Covid-19, the teachers will get it, and many of the older ones will die. Then the kids will bring it home to share with family members. Schools should remain online only until Covid-19 is resolved. Students are falling behind but so be it. Have them redo the school year again. Big deal.

In Arizona testing is way down because it's taking a couple weeks to get the results. So, people are saying screw it. But, since less people are being testing the number of positive cases are down. So, we are touting the "fact" that we are improving. It must be time to open everything back up since we are doing so well. Just look at the numbers. Numbers don't lie right?

Latest posts

Back