Lonley

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loulou40

Reaction score
No friends anymore to see or speak too, been through hell and back. Abusive partner. Has anyone got any advise?

Loulou40 said:
No friends anymore to see or speak too, been through hell and back. Abusive partner. Has anyone got any advise?

How is your partner abusive exactly if you don't mind my asking?

Also, a good way to make friends could be through volunteer work if you can fit into your schedule.

Yes, anything you post here is public. You can pm me if you wanna talk privately.

Been there, done that.
If you're still with your partner, there's not much you can do other than try to get your life back. Even if it's just little things. Start a hobby to keep your mind occupied. If you're religious, try to get more involved with the church. Volunteer like Sunless Sky suggested. Anything to get you out and away from the abuse.

Also, feel free to PM if you'd like to talk about it or even just vent. I know the feelings you're probably experiencing all too well.

Loulou40, you're sure to get a lot of sympathy and good suggestions here, but it's hard to offer specific advice without knowing your circumstances better.

Let me add a Christian perspective that I believe applies to everyone.  We all go through troubles in this life, but our struggles with them serve a purpose in God's eyes by testing and shaping our character.  You see, we were created for a purpose in life: to know and love God and to learn how to love and care for others.  Most of our problems steer us towards or away from this purpose.

While others suggest good things for you to do in order to improve your life, I suggest that you also turn to God for help - in changing you into the stronger, better person he wants you to be. To that end, here's an exceptional song I'd like to share.

If you like it and want more help or encouragement like this, let me know.

I don't know if you're dependent on your partner, but I'm pretty sure that the chances he's going to change are miniscule.

Latest posts

Back