Hi.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Journeyman

Reaction score
Lonely in Australia.

I lost my job recently. I’m not worried about my finances so much. I’m just really sad because I liked my boss and my job. I’ve worked there for many years. They had to fire me, I swore at a receptionist. I worked many hours for years. Going from that to zero hours is very tough. I need somewhere to go. I have a few friends who I can phone for lengthy chats, but none that I visit in person for varying reasons eg. they live in a different city. 

I wasn’t really close to the people at work but it was somewhere to go every day. I need that again. But finding something like that isn’t so easy.

Anyway hi! I found this forum and saw that it seemed to have others suffering from loneliness and/or depression.

Hello and welcome!

That sucks about loosing your job. It's definitely a shock to your system to abruptly stop something you've been doing for years. Like you said, finding a replacement activity when you're on the older side is difficult. It sounds like it's time to hobby up. I guess you could look into volunteering possibly.

Finished said:
Hello and welcome!

That sucks about loosing your job. It's definitely a shock to your system to abruptly stop something you've been doing for years. Like you said, finding a replacement activity when you're on the older side is difficult. It sounds like it's time to hobby up. I guess you could look into volunteering possibly.

Thanks. Yeah I thought about volunteering. It’s Winter here and quite cold which doesn’t help things.

Sometimes changes in life are forced upon us and there is nothing we can do with the new situation. Accepting this new reality will help you better to move one. Then be grateful for what you still have, you said your finances are quite okay. Being thankful for little things can help you get over it, like having a house, food and health. If have a family spend more time with them while you are looking for your next job. If you are by yourself, why not consider traveling a bit to have a change of scenery and do things you never got to do while you were working. Think of the downtime as a blessing instead of a curse and use it to enjoy life and recharge.

MaybeICanHelp said:
Sometimes changes in life are forced upon us and there is nothing we can do with the new situation. Accepting this new reality will help you better to move one. Then be grateful for what you still have, you said your finances are quite okay. Being thankful for little things can help you get over it, like having a house, food and health. If have a family spend more time with them while you are looking for your next job. If you are by yourself, why not consider traveling a bit to have a change of scenery and do things you never got to do while you were working. Think of the downtime as a blessing instead of a curse and use it to enjoy life and recharge.

Thanks. Yeah I’m trying to look at things through that perspective.

Latest posts

Back