Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gutgutsupergut

Reaction score
As you can guess I'm a new user here, probably younger than most, only 19 years old. I joined here because I'm a long time loner, I am friendless with no one to talk to and it makes me feel inferior and miserable. I'm not accepted anywhere. Hopefully I won't get ignored here since I've been pretty much ignored on every forum I joined.

Welcome. Maybe after you post a little more users will be more apt to communicating with you. But, be prepared to get ignored a lot of the time. It is what it is.

TheRealCallie said:
The only reason you might get "ignored" is because the forum isn't as active as it once was.

Really? That's the only reason? There aren't any other possibilities? There are a lot of people reading these forum posts and then choosing not to post for VARIOUS reasons. For instances, at this point, this two hour old post has been read 137 times.

Finished said:
TheRealCallie said:
The only reason you might get "ignored" is because the forum isn't as active as it once was.

Really? That's the only reason? There aren't any other possibilities? There are a lot of people reading these forum posts and then choosing not to post for VARIOUS reasons. For instances, at this point, this two hour old post has been read 137 times.

1.  They may not know what to say.
2.  They may not be actual people reading the posts.  Kind of like the "guests" that are browsing the forum. Think of them like ghosts or echos.  They aren't real or they can't post because they aren't a member.
3.  Sometimes it's the same person looking at the thread multiple times or clicking on the wrong thread.  I just added 5 "views" to this particular thread to prove that point.  Try it yourself.
4.  Sometimes people just simply don't want to contribute to certain topics because we all know where it will end up.
5.  There is NO reason to tell a new user that they will get ignored because you are cynical.  :)

TheRealCallie said:
Finished said:
TheRealCallie said:

1.  They may not know what to say.
2.  They may not be actual people reading the posts.  Kind of like the "guests" that are browsing the forum. Think of them like ghosts or echos.  They aren't real or they can't post because they aren't a member.
3.  Sometimes it's the same person looking at the thread multiple times or clicking on the wrong thread.  I just added 5 "views" to this particular thread to prove that point.  Try it yourself.
4.  Sometimes people just simply don't want to contribute to certain topics because we all know where it will end up.
5.  There is NO reason to tell a new user that they will get ignored because you are cynical.  :)

Nice to see the correction. Well, other then "There is NO reason to tell a new user that they will get ignored because you are cynical. " Just be honest. It's not a matter of being cynical. It's about being realistic and upfront.

Latest posts

Back