anyone else lost faith in people?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimShady

Reaction score
I've had a number of bad experiences this year that have caused me to lose faith i good people. I'm not some dude sour over a breakup or rejection (I haven't dated in a year and a half) I simply have stood up for myself, been honest, or have shared new ideas and have been suprised by how quick ppl are to hate, making me believe their are truly no good people! I try to tell myself this isn't true but it gets harder every day... honestly its kindve nice not having any expectations when it comes to ppl. I don't know it just lightens the load a little bit... I know I'm rambling! Sorry! Thoughts?

Not true that there are no good people. There just aren't any near you.

That's not entirely true either. But meeting people can be difficult. And you'll have to meet a lot to find someone you mesh with.

I think people are mostly decent. Ideas can drive wedges between us. We live in an age of instant information. I think most are influenced by it. The thing is, people will grow there ideas based on too little information, or in many cases, misinformation.

We are, after all, only the culmination of what we believe. We are victims of the times.

I'd love to live far out in the woods with only a handful of friends that drop by. But I really really need those few friends.

Right now slimshady I feel the same way....people are stupid....(I see I am going to start this day off good)....ugh priscella

Well, I'm definitely sour as I've have had bad and really bad experiences with people my entire life. There have only been a handful of good experiences even though I have helped many people.

IMO. Most people are very selfish. Most people generally believe they are nice. They also believe most others are nice as well. It makes their life happier for them. However, after witnessing many "nice" people doing horrible things I wondered why this happens. I research things that don't make sense to me and then run experiments on them.

So, I started experimenting with "nice" people. I discovered that when people are in good situations they are generally nice. However, if their situation is not good then their actions are not good as well. People typically only do good things if it benefits them.

Before you say that's BS. So and so did this or these people are doing that, realize that they are helping themselves too. It can just be feeling like a hero. But it's still a reward. The only way to see how someone's true character is, is to test them where is it nearly impossible for them to receive some kind of reward. I.E. Continue to help someone that they do not like or think is not worthy of their help while costing them time, effort, and / or money.

For instance, I helped this person move and clean up their house so they could sell it. This person was a hoarder. It was a huge job. I was doing it out of years of friendship with him not to receive any other rewards. He kept giving me some of his junk as rewards. I said no thank you. I don't want or need that stuff. But he insisted. So, I took the items and tossed them in the trash when I got home.

Anyway, after a couple weeks only a few large items remained. He said he had no room for them and was going to haul them to the dump before he headed out of town unless I wanted them. It turns out that I really wanted two of the items. So, I told him I would really appreciate if he could drop them off at my place as he left town for the last time. He said great! We loaded up the remaining stuff in his trailer and setup up a time for the next day. But, he completely blew me off. I never heard from him again ever.

I found out that he made his trip just fine. So, I have to assume that he took the easier route and dropped the stuff off at the dump instead of also making a short trip to my place in order to make it easier for himself. After all, I was finished helping him. So, he would get no more gain to drop the stuff off at my place. But, it would cost him effort and time. That's just one example.

The simple explanation of people is we will each do what is to our best advantage. While there are times where we waver from that for one reason or another, mostly we do what we think is best for ourselves.

But we can't be condemned for it. Early man that was selfish and took his best advantage were the ones to survive. We come by it naturally.

priscella said:
That's the pitts--lol lol

Haha

JJW said:
The simple explanation of people is we will each do what is to our best advantage. While there are times where we waver from that for one reason or another, mostly we do what we think is best for ourselves.

But we can't be condemned for it. Early man that was selfish and took his best advantage were the ones to survive. We come by it naturally.

Tough thing to hear but good to know...:)

Ugh im annoyed at that person just from hearing that story (eyeroll) i feel like i've had that experience or general shitiness a million times I feel for you:)

JJW said:
The simple explanation of people is we will each do what is to our best advantage.  While there are times where we waver from that for one reason or another, mostly we do what we think is best for ourselves.

But we can't be condemned for it.  Early man that was selfish and took his best advantage were the ones to survive.  We come by it naturally.

Well, there are still some idiots like myself that have put others in front of us. But, IMO, there continues to be less and less of them. 

Most used to believe, "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."

But now most believe, "Give me all the **** stuff I'll entitled too and more!" We don't care about the future economic results of spending $trillions we don't have as long as we get our Coronavirus handouts today even if we don't need them.

SlimShady said:
I've had a number of bad experiences this year that have caused me to lose faith i good people. I'm not some dude sour over a breakup or rejection (I haven't dated in a year and a half) I simply have stood up for myself, been honest, or have shared new ideas and have been suprised by how quick ppl are to hate, making me believe their are truly no good people! I try to tell myself this isn't true but it gets harder every day... honestly its kindve nice not having any expectations when it comes to ppl. I don't know it just lightens the load a little bit... I know I'm rambling! Sorry! Thoughts?

Huh, know what you mean. Have found any show of independent thought and opinion will bring a shitload of hate down. I call it the Facebook Mentality, where everyone must be agreed with for the sake of popularity.

^ That's fairly accurate. But, IMO, it's more of a group mentality thing. If you don't agree and repeat the group's messages then you are an enemy of the group. Politicians adapted that philosophy about a decade ago and have been echoing and magnifying it for the rest of the sheepeople to adapt to it. At this point it's part of the culture now.

SlimShady said:

I lost my faith in human nature a long time ago. I look around at society and see how some people behave and it makes me feel ashamed of my species.

People always disappoint me. They always do things that I can't forgive. I know there are people like me in this world. I hope I can meet them someday.

I haven't lost faith in people altogether, but I have grown more cautious of who I have faith in.

One thing I have never understood is how the word "inhumane" is used. It makes not much sense to point out that something bad a human does to someone else is inhumane. Humans are inhumane, besides being the the most harmful species on earth. And they're selfish, greedy, murderous.

Myra said:
One thing I have never understood is how the word "inhumane" is used. It makes not much sense to point out that something bad a human does to someone else is inhumane. Humans are inhumane, besides being the the most harmful species on earth. And they're selfish, greedy, murderous.

I agree with you. That speciesist word elevate humans above other animals. We should be careful of the words we use.

Finished said:
^ That's fairly accurate. But, IMO, it's more of a group mentality thing. If you don't agree and repeat the group's messages then you are an enemy of the group. Politicians adapted that philosophy about a decade ago and have been echoing and magnifying it for the rest of the sheepeople to adapt to it. At this point it's part of the culture now.

Yes. I just find it funny (not in a good way though) how often I read or hear someone say that they like people who are different, who don’t follow the herd, and yet they will dismiss and reject those that are, no just go with people who are the same as everyone else. It is the same as when I am told to just be myself ... yet it feels like I am being punished for being just that. 

It all seems to be about conformity.

Forgottendanfan said:
SlimShady said:

I lost my faith in human nature a long time ago. I look around at society and see how some people behave and it makes me feel ashamed of my species.
Absolutely agreed, I feel ashamed of being human.  When I think of the calculated violence, torture, war, greed, selfishness, and destruction of our world that we have inflicted upon ourselves throughout our history I feel like we are the worst thing to have happened to an otherwise amazing planet.  We are the worst life form.

Cucuboth said:
Finished said:

Yes. I just find it funny (not in a good way though) how often I read or hear someone say that they like people who are different, who don’t follow the herd, and yet they will dismiss and reject those that are, no just go with people who are the same as everyone else. It is the same as when I am told to just be myself ... yet it feels like I am being punished for being just that. 

It all seems to be about conformity.

Exact. Either conform to the group or get bashed in one way or the other.

bigbully.jpg

Latest posts

Back