Looking for someone to talk to

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadieb

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a 40 year old male, living in Iowa.  Married but about to be seperated.  I'd love to talk to anyone female around my age.  I've always been friends with women more than with guys.  I just got sick of all the male posturing and ego honeysuckle.  Women actually listen.  Anyways, I had a bad childhood and it's affecting all parts of my life.  I'd love a shoulder to lean on even if it's a virtual one.  Send me a message if you want to talk.

Roadieb said:
Hi, I'm a 40 year old male, living in Iowa.  Married but about to be seperated.  I'd love to talk to anyone female around my age.  I've always been friends with women more than with guys.  I just got sick of all the male posturing and ego honeysuckle.  Women actually listen. 

Yeah, I really don't understand why women even want to talk to or be around men. Most seem to be macho aholes that easily get angry. I know if I was a woman I would be gay for sure.

Oh I didn't know there was a discord chat. I'll check that out. Thank you all

Finished said:
Roadieb said:
Hi, I'm a 40 year old male, living in Iowa.  Married but about to be seperated.  I'd love to talk to anyone female around my age.  I've always been friends with women more than with guys.  I just got sick of all the male posturing and ego honeysuckle.  Women actually listen. 

Yeah, I really don't understand why women even want to talk to or be around men. Most seem to be macho aholes that easily get angry. I know if I was a woman I would be gay for sure.

Sure, some men are macho ********. By the same token, some women are catty bitches. You can't paint all people with the same brushstrokes. 

As a woman, most of my really good friends are male. I find it much easier to open up to a man about problems - I've always struggled to find female friends I felt I could really trust. Mind you, that's probably an issue on my part, not theirs. I put it down to growing up with two brothers - I just feel naturally more comfortable around men. I appreciate their (usually) very honest and straightforward view of life - they tend to tell it like it is. A male perspective is a nice change. 

By the way, Roadieb (if you read this) - you're welcome to send me a message if you like. Can't promise I'll get back to you right away as I kinda suck at that, but rest assured I will  eventually. . . no, not months from now, but a few days for sure.  :p

ringwood said:
Sure, some men are macho ********. By the same token, some women are catty bitches. You can't paint all people with the same brushstrokes. 

As a woman, most of my really good friends are male. I find it much easier to open up to a man about problems - I've always struggled to find female friends I felt I could really trust. Mind you, that's probably an issue on my part, not theirs. I put it down to growing up with two brothers - I just feel naturally more comfortable around men. I appreciate their (usually) very honest and straightforward view of life - they tend to tell it like it is. A male perspective is a nice change. 
Well, in general. I haven't met many nice, calm, caring, and understanding men. Also they have all been very basic with not much depth to them. I have however, met quite a few caring and thoughtful women. But, maybe that's because I'm a man and so they are interacting with me as such.
Also, I'm not so sure that the male perspective is honest and straightforward. But, it is typically blunt.

Finished said:
Roadieb said:

Yeah my wife jokes with her friend that's divorced that they'd be better off being lesbians.She tells me this usually when I'm being a bit of an arse :p

Latest posts

Back