New member from America

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty

Reaction score
My name's Matt.  I live in Dubuque, Iowa in the United States of America.  I am 38 yrs old and have cerebral palsy, anxiety, depression, and Crohn's Disease.  My CP has made it difficult to work for a living, so I permanently unemployed.  Not many people truly understand what happens to a person when s/he doesn't have the ability to work for a living.  So after college, I pretty much retired and that makes for one long, extremely boring life.  I live alone and except for my mom coming once a day to take care of me and get me a good meal, I'm left to my own devices to keep myself entertained.  People tell me in order to feel better I need to "get out and meet people."  That doesn't work well for people with social anxiety.  I have a speech impediment, so it's a little more difficult for me to strike up a conversation with a total stranger.  And forget about loud, crowded bars or other social events.  I do better in a controlled environment with one or two other people.  I need helping eating, so meals are too awkward unless they're with familiar people who are comfortable with it.  I also get the "I'm too busy" treatment all too often because I tend to wear out my welcome with people b/c I contact them too much.  I don't care how busy someone is, they have one or two hours each week to help someone feel less lonely.  They just don't feel like it.  SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.  I don't know why spending more time with my parents doesn't help ease my loneliness.  I'm always welcome to come sit at their house.  It is increasingly more difficult spending most of my time alone.  Friday/Saturday nights are the most depressing and when I'm most lonely.  Thanks for listening

Welcome

My healthy is a mess too. I live at home with my mom and feel ur pain
I have a cat named Matt.🐱😺😛🤗

I also suffer with really bad social anxiety and have other horrible chronic illnesses.

ahsatan said:
Welcome

My healthy is a mess too. I live at home with my mom and feel ur pain
I have a cat named Matt.🐱😺😛🤗

I also suffer with really bad social anxiety and have other horrible chronic illnesses.
Your cat has an awesome name.  He must be one cool cat, just like I am.

Latest posts

Back