Confused

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ny2282

Reaction score
Ever feel like no matter what you do you’re never moving forward in life. I left my job 5 years ago because I felt like I was severely underpaid and was being taken advantage of. I got addicted to gambling which ended up causing me to file for bankruptcy. Haven’t been able to find work in the industry I was in because my employer black listed me. Companies have called to check that I worked there and he says he never heard of me. My family moved a year ago and I had no choice but to move out of state with them. Left behind all my friends and have been severely depressed and miserable. Tried motivating myself and registered to go back to school in the summer. Did well but still feel that I’m so far behind in life and wonder if it’s even worth finishing...

Yes. It's worth finishing. But, to whatever end you feel like. Unless you are a superstar in some area it only harms you to compare yourself to others. I'm more successful and less successful then a lot of people. Some look at me as a looser. Others smile and think that I've figure out the real game and envy me. What they think means nothing to me. It's not about collecting as much money and fame as you can. It's about figuring out what you like and trying to do as much as that as you can while being responsible with the rest of the crap. There are so many people better then most of us. Also many of them appear to be great and successful on the outside while they are rotten and miserable on the inside. So, do things for yourself. Try to continually improve yourself even a small amount and ignore others. But, that advice rarely gets taken. It's much easier to sulk and feel sorry for oneself.

Hey Ny,

Whatever you may be feeling at the moment, you never know what is around the corner. Positivity counts for a lot and helps us to both create chances and/or take up chances when they crop up. Keep working away, keep putting yourself in a good position. Even if life is a bit bumpy and things aren't working out, you're still doing the best you can do. I've worked some awful jobs in the past, and even my current job has occasional moments, but it's all a learning curve.

Life can be lumpy but it doesn't make it pointless.

I would finish it if that's the best option you have right now, even if it's difficult. Sometimes it's just depression putting self-defeating ideas in your head. Don't compare yourself to other people. People can start from zero at any age, for example when they switch careers, or divorce can sometimes make it necessary. Comparing yourself can only make you miserable and is a habit you should try to drop. It doesn't matter what others do. They don't really care what you do either.

Latest posts

Back