Anybody else feel like life is just passing by for you to grow old and die?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score
it sucks. it really does. I don't know what to do. maybe it's just a phase... I think I need to call a friend. this pandemic isn't making things easier either. I wanted to go to college to be a teacher but I don't think I like online classes both as a course and a method to teach students. I don't even feel like this coronavirus thing is that bad but what do I know I'm not a medical professional. my future is looking very uncertain. I hate it.

I think everyone has moments like the ones you're describing, especially at the moment with the virus uncertainty. I think it's a good idea to just focus on being yourself and being as positive as possible, and not to concentrate too much on the exact details of your future or where you think you're "supposed" to be. It's all about keeping yourself in a good frame of mind and therefore in a good position to take up whatever opportunities might come your way.

Fingers crossed the virus situation improves in the coming months, who knows if there is a vaccine or some other sudden solution we might even have an economic boom on our hands and the world could be our oyster again.

See, positive thinking...

I do sympathise with how you're feeling, it's left a lot of people in limbo.

I imagine it feels weird for young people who were just about to begin their future as an adult / start their adulthood, and then everything is put on hold and they are stuck in between.Sorry about that. Remember, you still have so many decades of professional work life ahead of you. This time you are "loosing" right now won't matter much when you see the big picture one day.

Just don't sit around though. Another year's worth of graduates will be entering the job market soon. Then the you'll be competing with them except they are fresh from school without any unproductive time on their resume.

Yes, I often wonder why I'm even bothering in improving to make myself a better person, if men who have not achieved much at a certain age are considered ugly.

In short, yes I absolutely feel this way. I face a constant internal battle of "I'm 33, I need to make something of myself" and "I can't be bothered". Unfortunately, the latter always ends up winning.

Like Yeti said, I think everyone has this feeling at some point in their lives.
The older I get the faster the years seem to go. Maybe it's because I have kids, I don't know.

Maybe make a bucket list of things you want to do and get started doing them. Even if it's just little things that would mean nothing to someone else No time like today, right?

I didn't start college until I was 23. My grades in college were not good either. It took me 5 years, but I did finished college because that was the minimum education I set for myself. After college, I started working, things were not going well for me. I was just doing some part time odd jobs here and there that didn't required any college degree. But a couple years later, came one opportunity, then another, then I got a breakthrough and thing were happening really well for me. I work hard and save money. I am now quite content with what I had accomplished in my work life. I am forever thankful for those opportunities. (Although I didn't make any meaningful connections with anybody along the way in my work life, I am thankful to those people too.)

Latest posts

Back