That new user smell...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewomack

Reaction score
Hello, I ran across this place a week or so ago, but I just lurked and posted elsewhere. I just realized that I never said hi.

I'm happily married, but the social life has suffered greatly as other people went off and started families, became entangled in their careers and prestige or other such things that happen to people with means. I keep busy, but watching many friendships slip away sometimes takes its toll. I often wonder if my not following "the typical path" of most people has alienated many people I once knew. I don't have kids, don't live in a big fancy house by choice, buy all used clothing, read way too much and really don't play the class pecking order game at all. So perhaps it's my problem? Who knows.

The forum's title made it seem like a promising place to at least poke around in.

In any case, hello!

Welcome to the forums :)

Welcome.🤗🐱

I like to read and buy used clothing too. I don't live in a fancy house either sadly.

^ Fancy homes are for stuffy people. Much of the quality used clothing is better then the new crap. I picked up some great used cold weather clothes for my camping trips. Nothing wrong with that.

On used clothing, I once paid $20 for a brand new $200 pair of pants in a consignment store. They still had the tags on them and everything. I still don't know why they were so cheap, but they worked great. I haven't bought a piece of brand new (outer) clothing for years now and I've saved loads of money.

I once mentioned the fact that I buy all used clothing in mixed company once and an uncomfortable silence fell on the group before someone changed the subject. I never found out why people reacted that way. Oh well.

Latest posts

Back