Accomplishments

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delta000

Reaction score
I am in my mid 30s and I have so many issues and barely any accomplishments.

I have health, marital, social, family, financial, academic, workplace, and legal issues that I am dealing with.

At this age, I wanted to have kids, a house and not be in debt or not be in college. I feel like my life is a waste bin and I am literally waiting for death's door. Everyday is hard to get up and I do not feel motivated at all to at least try the least bit to fix any of my issues.

Covid has made things worse-I know that is an excuse but I just need some insight or feedback on how to handle this situation/feelings.

All i see is what you don't like, what you are dealing with and what you don't have that you wanted. Start by making a list of good things. Don't say you don't have any. Everyone does, find them. Focus on those.

Make a goal. NOT a big one or one that will take a while to accomplish. Choose a simple, easy one and get it done. Keep doing that until you feel a little better and then make some longer term goals.

Believe me, I know life can be hard and not turn out the way you thought it would. But that doesn't mean you can't make the best of it. That doesn't mean you can't start over. Tomorrow is a new day, choose to be better than you were today and that's all anyone can do.

Have you tried wearing a suit?
Not kidding. Give it a go. Like, just wear it for no reason.
Wear it because it makes you look good. Then look at all those non-suit wearing slobs and think to yourself "Yeah, fresia you you scruffy dongs. I'm wearing a *suit*. I bet you only do that for special occasions but my life *is* a special occasion motherfuckaaaaaa."
Don't say that out loud though, thats a rookie mistake.

I'm wearing a suit right now. I'm just chilling in a shirt, tie, waistcoat, etc. I feel structured and incontrol.
If someone broke in right now I feel like I could just stare at them indignantly until they felt embarrassed, apologized and left.

I am on my mid 30’s now, a lot of what if’s crossing my mind. Honestly, I feel left behind with everything. I am crying tons and telling myself maybe I am not worthy enough. I don’t open up with my family and friends maybe because I am afraid to be judge and i don't want other people to worry about me. But here I am opening to everyone who does not even know me.

I am sorry that you feel so overwhelmed. You have a lot on your plate. You are right to seek the advice and encouragement of others. That is what we are made for - to be there for each other. Here is some inspiration. God is going to get you through these issues (in time)! Then you will be able to help others get through similar issues! Start by praying. Pray for healing. Pray for wisdom on all the issues you mentioned above. Pray for a community of people to surround you and encourage you. Pray that you would be led to a church that can equip you and support you. Then - be patient and wait for God's answer. In the meantime, seek inspiration through praise music. I like to listen to encouraging praise music on radio stations like KLOVE. The music gets me through the day. Every day. The words are inspiring! I print out the words to encouraging songs and place them where I can see them often. Remember these words from the Bible - "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." When life gets hard - remember that God is pulling for You! God Bless!

Whimsical said:
I am on my mid 30’s now, a lot of what if’s crossing my mind. Honestly, I feel left behind with everything. I am crying tons and telling myself maybe I am not worthy enough. I don’t open up with my family and friends maybe because I am afraid to be judge and i don't want other people to worry about me. But here I am opening to everyone who does not even know me.

Sometimes that's the best way to open up. If you don't get the reaction you like, no big deal, these people mean nothing IRL.

Delta000, not knowing your specific circumstances, none of us here can offer any real help with resolving your numerous problems.  However, I do have a suggestion for your feelings of discouragement and despair.

We all get challenged with school, work, family, social, health, financial, and other issues in life that tend to produce feelings of encouragement and satisfaction or frustration and disappointment.  With time these add up to an overall sense of one's self worth, which not only affects our self esteem but also our enjoyment and desire to engage life and people each day.  Thus, when life gets tough, its easy for a person to withdraw and give up, which can only worsen the situation.  Let me now add the counter medicine for these problems and symptoms.

If we acknowledge and accept the reality of our Creator and understand that he has a purpose for our life, the never ending issues and challenges we face take on a new meaning.  We're not here to meet today's cultural expectations of looking good, feeling good, or having the goods.  One's self worth and true success in life will not come from these worldly standards. Rather, it comes from building our character, or growing our souls for the purpose of relationships - to know and love God, and to learn how to love others.  This life long path of learning how to love God and others is, in the end, all that matters.

Your immeasurable self worth has already been established by what God's done for you, not by what you have yet to achieve with work, finances, or kids.  If you make God the core of your life, you will grow better and stronger each day as a person, regardless of how many other issues you're facing.  In other words, don't let these current struggles prevent you from being a success with what's most important in life.  While you may or may not be able to resolve all of your problems, you can assume control over what's important - your relationship with God, your wife, and others around you.  And I think you should know that most Christians who put God first in their lives find that study of his word and support from a church family generally helps one prevail through life's challenges much better than trying to go it alone. I'm just sayin', it's worth thinking and praying about.

Latest posts

Back